+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Ink

LA Ink

I didn't see a thread for this show yet.
    It premiered last night on TLC after Miami Ink. Did anyone watch it? I can't wait to see what the finished shop looks like. Hannah & Kim seem cool, & I remember Pixie from when she visited Kat in Miami. I think she's adorable. I couldn't get a feel for Corey, but I'm sure he's cool too. I wish Garver was there too, instead of Miami.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Re: LA Ink

I watched it - I'm a big fan of Kat's work, plus I find her very likable. She & Chris were my favourite artists on MI, and I'd like to see him on this show as well.

I liked Hannah & Kim, but Pixie kind of got on my nerves. (I think it's partly the idea of a grown woman calling herself "Pixie". ) I found the other womens' work quite interesting - I don't like brightly-coloured tattoos for myself, I'm a black-and-grey fan - but I was impressed with their artistry. I'm also anxious to see the finished shop - the design sounded awfully elaborate.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ive always loved Kat's work, along with her personality. Looking forward to her show. Man, that tattoo she did for the guy from 24, was pretty amazing. Beautiful detail and shading.

I also noticed at the very start of the show she mentioned that she's single. I guess she & Oliver split up?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2511539;
    I also noticed at the very start of the show she mentioned that she's single. I guess she & Oliver split up?
    Yeah I caught that too, I had no idea she and Oliver split up. I wonder what happened

I don't know, but the shop he's at (deep ellum tattoo) is no longer on her website either, nor are any of photos of him anymore.

FORT Newbie

Oliver filed for divorce when he found out she was cheating...again. Since then she's dated Steve-O (Jackass) but apparently that's over. Personally, I thought Oliver was greasy-gross and couldn't figure out why she was with him in the first place. Then she downgrades to Steve-O!

I just hope her show continues to kick Miami Ink's ratings. I can't stand Ami and just love the fact that he's going nuts because her ratings are higher than his EVER were! The following is from Page Six -

August 31, 2007 -- TWO top tattoo artists are getting under each other's skin. A source close to "Miami Ink" star Ami James tells us he's "going crazy" over the fact his ex-employee, hottie Kat Von D., now has her own tattoo show, "LA Ink," which airs before his on TLC. He's also fuming about a huge billboard on the West Side Highway that once featured Ami, but was taken down and replaced with a huge photo of Kat. "He's now berating his staff, the cameramen, everyone in his path," said the source. "He is so jealous of Kat and her success it's making him insane. He's moody, you can't predict how bad he'll act on any given day. Kat's better-liked, better-looking, and nobody cares about Ami anymore." A TLC staffer confirmed the falling-out and that Kat's spinoff had been in the works for some time while she was still working at Ami's shop.

I've only watched both a few times, but I think I like LA Ink better. It seems to have less of a "we are such amazing artist, so watch" attitude. Ami, does seem to be very egotistical.

Every episode of LA Ink I've seen has had a celebrity in it. Does that happen with the Miami version too?

I love the show. Pixie is awesome!
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

I used to watch Miami Ink but tired of the the good-old-boy antics, and Ami's quick-fire anger. I only recently heard about Kat moving to LA for her own show (actually Mr. Rose told me - he who hates reality shows ), so I look forward to seeing this because she's so talented. It's good to know you all approve of her show.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast