+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: LA Ink

Re: LA Ink

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3808054;
    I like Kat's look. She pulls it off, IMO - not many can. The photoshopped pic of her without her tats for her fragrance looked weird...like any other random cute girl. I always thought she & Sixx were an odd pair...but odder yet is their breakup, considering how highly he speaks of her.
    It wasn't photoshopped, they used makeup to cover her tats.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I don't mean to turn this into a heated debate over what's acceptable/the norm/the definition of beauty.

But if it's her own perfume she's hawking and she'd ALLOW the covering up of something she considers makes her beautiful, that doesn't seem either very genuine or assured in one's chosen look.

I've been involved with the alternative scene for half my life, including those who go in for massive body-coverage tattooing. I can dig it when it's done well and even though it's not something I'd do to myself, see why people do it and find the artistic aesthetic interesting & yes, sometimes gorgeous.

But as gorgeous as she is and as talented, she just looks like walking flash art. There's no rhyme or reason to the placement, etc. It's a look that most tattoo artists (and heavy-volume tattoo enthusiasts) I know would recommend against.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3808589;
    But if it's her own perfume she's hawking and she'd ALLOW the covering up of something she considers makes her beautiful, that doesn't seem either very genuine or assured in one's chosen look.
    I think that advertising was to support another product in her line - a tattoo concealer product. She added the product to her line b/c she realizes some people with tattoos work in industries that find tattoos unacceptable, and need an option to temporarily conceal their tats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3808589;
    No, it was a Sephora ad campaign. The cover-up pic was supposed to be the more girly fragrance, the "good girl" scent, and Kat as herself was the "bad girl" photo for the more sensual perfume. It didn't have anything to do with her self-image.

Aesthetically...to each his/her own, of course. Tats are personal expressions and I never thought there was a "wrong" way to express yourself. I've seen botched jobs, of course, but that's different. I don't think any of Kat's bodyart is poorly done. I don't believe she has a single large piece or that there's a theme to the work, but that's not unusual. Speaking for myself, I go in for smaller pieces that are different but significant to me.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    AJane is right - it was a Sephora ad campaign for her dual fragrances, 'Sinner' and 'Saint,' but when they were filming the photo shoot, Kat used another product ('Tatoo Concealer') from her line to temporarily cover up her tats. It was a good idea b/c the ad campaign supported various products from the Kat Von D brand.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I watch LA Ink - and until this season (with Aubrey), I enjoyed it. I saw the episode where Kat had the photograph taken using her cover-up product. (I'll admit I prefer her look without all the tattoos - she's just way overdone - she is so beautiful on her own!) But because of where I live and what I do for a living, I ordered the cover up for myself. (If it worked for her whole-body tattoo - it should work for me, too, right?) I love it for my tattoos - and it works fantastic for the dark circles under my eyes, too.

I'm sorry that she and Nikki split - they seemed like a good fit.

Not sure when the new season starts....but I'll check it out - hopefully they'll get Aubrey off there and it can be Kat's show again.

FORT Fogey

New season starts Feb. 18.

FORT Fan

Curious to hear peoples feedback on Aubrey being fired. I didn't think Aubrey talking to that woman about getting that big tattoo (and ultimately the woman backing out) was the wrong thing to do, I thought it was the right thing, Corey should had had that conversation with his customer.

I think the LA shop crew has gotten really full of themselves. I'm tired of them and the never ending reference to their 'tattoo family', Discovery should move to the other shop where Amy and Paulie work, the shop looks real (not bubble gum) and the owner is a character. I also liked Amy and felt bad for her when she was trying to fit into LA Ink and while I didn't care for Paulie too much in the beginning he grew on me, I actually like how blunt he is when he speaks.

FORT Fogey

I think it was time for Aubrey to leave - it was the best thing for everyone. I'm kind of tired of Kat, Corey, and everyone else at the shop, too. They seem to feel superior to everyone. I really dislike Adrienne, the woman who seems to be the "main" shop manager.

I can't believe who Kat hired to be Aubrey's "replacement." Well, actually I can -- I'm sure it's for drama/ratings. It's obvious she isn't going to fit in, either.

FORT Fanatic

This whole thing is just so 'staged' it's hard to know what is true and what is not. Seems like Kat would care a lot more about what Corey wants than putting up with Aubrey, who seemed to annoy everyone.

Adrienne seems very, very unpleasant.

+ Reply to Thread