+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: LA Ink

FORT Fanatic

Re: LA Ink

I used to really like Corey, but I'm disappointed in him this season. If Aubrey is really that bad, just fire her, for Pete's sake. I don't know if I will watch the new series whenever it appears or not, I'm so disgusted.

Why would Kat let one bad apple annoy the rest of the staff like that? I thought Corey was supposed to be the rock, but all he does is moan about Aubrey.

How could Aubrey be shocked her face was not included on the montage at the back wall? There was only room for a few people. I did think the artist did a fantastic job.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Ooopsie - I meant "True Life: I'm an annoying receptionist" on MTV - not a show from my own true life.

I agree Swissmiss - only I see two bad apples. Corey hasn't been quite the team player he used to be, either. But I do think Aubrey was the root of that. Corey's been talking about his own tattoo shop for the entire season, so I wonder if he's only there for taping?

I really like the mural, too. I'm amazed at the caliber of the artists on the show. What a bunch of talent!!

FORT Fogey

I thought it was ridiculous that they showed Kat explaining why she didn't choose Aubrey for the mural when there wasn't ever a mention of including either of the other two Shop Managers - or are they Shop Assistants? They've been there much longer than Aubrey. Can't remember their names, but one is a guy, and the other is the woman who always seems superior-acting.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3717356;
    I thought it was ridiculous that they showed Kat explaining why she didn't choose Aubrey for the mural when there wasn't ever a mention of including either of the other two Shop Managers - or are they Shop Assistants? They've been there much longer than Aubrey. Can't remember their names, but one is a guy, and the other is the woman who always seems superior-acting.
    One of them is Kat's brother, and the other one is her sister.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3717642;
    One of them is Kat's brother, and the other one is her sister.
    No, I'm not talking about her sis & bro. Right after Pixie quit, they hired a guy as Shop Mgr, who is still working at the shop, but I can't remember his name. And the woman I'm referring to is also a Shop Asst or Shop Mgr. She has short dark hair, and seems to always be a little pi**ed off. She helped Kat compile Kat's journals, in the episode where Kat was thinking of writing a book. She's been shown lots of other times, too, but other than her conflicts with Aubrey, that is the episode where she was featured the most, from what I remember.

ETA: Just found out the name of the woman I'm trying to remember is Adrienne. I think she's the main Shop Mgr. Still can't remember the guy's name.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 10-04-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Found the name.

FORT Fogey

Okay - just found out the other guy's name is Greg. He replaced Pixie when she quit. Guess I've now answered my own questions.

FORT Fogey

Sixx and Von D split
    By WENN.COM

CANOE -- JAM! Entertainment and Showbiz

Motley Crue rocker Nikki Sixx has ended his romance with TV tattoo artist Kat Von D.

The pair began dating in 2007, following Von D's divorce from fellow tattooist Oliver Peck.

But Sixx has released a statement announcing the love affair is over.

He says, "I want to wish Katherine (Kat Von D) nothing but the best in her life. She has loved and inspired the hell outta me and I know I have done the same for her in these almost two years we ruled the earth together. We are taking a break from our relationship for reasons that we will choose to keep personal. You won't find me saying a bad word about her and I don't believe vice versa... we have too much wonderful history together to ever deface that."

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I just saw a picture of she and him walking together on the beach in Rolling Stone magazine.

MY GOD. At first glance, I thought it was some chick who had fallen in the mud in a bathing suit.

I just don't understand why a person that gorgeous would ink themselves into ugly.

I like Kat's look. She pulls it off, IMO - not many can. The photoshopped pic of her without her tats for her fragrance looked weird...like any other random cute girl. I always thought she & Sixx were an odd pair...but odder yet is their breakup, considering how highly he speaks of her.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The tattoo subculture isn't the same as the majority culture. What they view was beauty is completely different from the majority culture. So while you don't view her tattoos as attractive you're viewing it through your cultural lens. As a person with a lot of tattoos (well above average) I find them attractive on men and women.

+ Reply to Thread