+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: LA Ink

Re: LA Ink

I basically quit watching most of these tattoos shows. When I watched Miami Ink I got sick of seeing the same stuff and hearing the same story. I know that's the reality in almost all shops is taht you hear the same story and do the same tat over and over again though. I liked Chris' stuff but it's not my typical tattoo style so even though I like his art I probably wouldn't get it. And I'm not into portraits either. I've seen some that have aged badly. lol So I think Kat is great at what she does too just not my thing. And then when she got arrogant on Miami ink about what she will and won't do in one episode I was kind of over her.

I watched some of Kat's show the first season and quit.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3706278;
    I basically quit watching most of these tattoos shows. When I watched Miami Ink I got sick of seeing the same stuff and hearing the same story. I know that's the reality in almost all shops is taht you hear the same story and do the same tat over and over again though. I liked Chris' stuff but it's not my typical tattoo style so even though I like his art I probably wouldn't get it. And I'm not into portraits either. I've seen some that have aged badly. lol So I think Kat is great at what she does too just not my thing. And then when she got arrogant on Miami ink about what she will and won't do in one episode I was kind of over her.

I watched some of Kat's show the first season and quit.
    WHAT?? You wanted her to do an arm band?? That's so beneath her! Hmmppff.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3706398;
    WHAT?? You wanted her to do an arm band?? That's so beneath her! Hmmppff.
    LOL I totally felt for Ami trying to run a business in that second.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3704493;
    I've only started watching this "religiously" this season.

I know Aubrey isn't the brightest bulb, but she seems pretty harmless and I really can't stand the way the others treat her.
    That creepy Dan fella with the bad comb-over just dived right in as well. It comes off as so 'high school" (although my high school wasn't like that at all)
    Adrienne seems like a complete and utter bitch and didn't appear to have any intention of being even civil to Aubrey from the moment she set eyes on her.

I don't mind Kat so much, but the way she pouts her lips bugs me and I like, totally, get like, so like irritated by the way she like talks...you know?
    I agree with your assessment of the Aubrey issue. While I understand she's from another reality show and that she was probably brought on LA Ink to stir up new story lines this whole "we're a family and she's an outsider" thing is boring. I actually find Aubry pretty real and it is very hard to watch someone try to fit in as hard as Aubrey does just to be shot down over and over again. If she is truly as bad as a worker as they say then she should had been fired from the get go, watching them beat her down week after week isn't interesting nor does it make any of the main 'players' endearing to the audience (that's my opinion).

I was a fan of Kat and and a HUGE fan of Corey's and now I find I'm disliking both of them (as well as Dan who you nailed in your commentary Fluff). Corey had such a zen like coolness about him that I loved watching, but how he treats Aubrey and how he put down Ami and Paulie by saying they were out of their league is just such a d**che thing to say (excuse my language), both of them are good tattooers (I just didn't care for one tattoo I saw Paulie do, the others were good).

I do like these tattoo shows, I like seeing the different styles of tattoos not made up 'drama' -- if this show was really devoted to tattooing they would had kept Hannah and Kim who were both really talented.

They should give the shop Ami and Paulie work at their own show, the owner is a character (he's ridiculous in a good way) and it's a cool, little shop.

It seems in any other job situation, Aubrey would have either quit or been fired - if she's as bad as portrayed. They don't show her doing her job poorly, just her being annoying. I think if she were a bad employee (i.e., clean hand/dirty hand), Kat would have fired her a long time ago. So she's obviously there for a reason: to be "the cast member who is just there to give everyone someone to talk smack about during breaks." And bleh, it's getting old. She isn't strong enough to hold the show together.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3706798;
    It seems in any other job situation, Aubrey would have either quit or been fired - if she's as bad as portrayed. They don't show her doing her job poorly, just her being annoying. I think if she were a bad employee (i.e., clean hand/dirty hand), Kat would have fired her a long time ago. So she's obviously there for a reason: to be "the cast member who is just there to give everyone someone to talk smack about during breaks." And bleh, it's getting old. She isn't strong enough to hold the show together.
    Aubrey's the only interesting part of the show.

Oh, darn, my tape cut off.....did Kat fire Aubrey?
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

No, they did a cliff-hanger. It was stupid. Just fire her already.

I understand what you are saying, Jexter, but this is supposed to be a tattoo show about Kat and her tattooers. And it's just not anymore.

After this season's Aubrey Show...er... LA Ink, the upcoming "My Monkey Baby" (!!??!!) and other TLC debacles - I'm deleting the network from my brain.

J.D.
    thanks, I looked in my tv listings and it didn't show that particular episode being re-run in the near future.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

It was frustrating! A cliff-hanger on a freaking reality show? Come on. I thought I was watching True Live - I'm an annoying receptionist.

+ Reply to Thread