+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: LA Ink

Re: LA Ink

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3615483;
    Is anyone watching LA Ink this season? I forgot to set the Tivo so I've only seen the last two episodes (I think three or four episodes aired). I'm a little disappointed with Kat so far, I thought the way she treated Amy was terrible (Amy was a tattoo artist they brought in who was on 'probation' and ultimately ended up quitting b/c of the bad chemistry in the shop). Kat was a lot nicer when she was on Miami Ink and last season on her show, maybe it's the stress of being a business woman and being so young or maybe she's going Hollywood, haven't figured out if it's stess or ego.

BTW... I ran out to Sephora to get buy her eye makeup when it came out so if it's Kat's ego I've contributed to the Kat Von D machine.
    Maybe a combo of all of the above, plus she seems to be of the life is always a party person..sometimes you have to choose how much partytime you have in order to keep the other balls in the air!

I like her show alot but i mean come on how many shows can you do about tattoos? I have over 30 so im not against them but its like the same thing over and over again....

I wonder if Kat ever gets tired of doing the same tattoos over and over again?

Also, did you see her face when her brother hired that airhead!? lol So priceless.

FORT Fanatic

I can understand how someone might want to be on the show to promote their career if they are shown in a good light. But why would someone be willing to come on and be criticized by all the co-workers (and over and over)? How would that help your career?

I normally like the guy (Corey?) but this season I'm sick of his complaining about the staff. If someone is really that bad, either light a fire under them or kick them out. Enough, already.

I can't believe the tattoo artist on a trial basis who quit has a 15 year-old son. He looked so 'normal.' The woman reminded me of Tammy Fae Bakker with that makeup.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shay_na;3616526;
    I like her show alot but i mean come on how many shows can you do about tattoos? I have over 30 so im not against them but its like the same thing over and over again....

I wonder if Kat ever gets tired of doing the same tattoos over and over again?

Also, did you see her face when her brother hired that airhead!? lol So priceless.
    That airhead is one of Bret Michael's rejects from Rock of Love. I swear these people all have the same agent or something and just rotate through the shows.

I'm not as concerned about Kat this season as I was before, I think she is cleaning up her act - drinking-wise.

I loved Hanah - she was my favorite artist in the shop. But they are all so talented. It's amazing what they can do, even free-hand!

Ok, so I'm still watching this drivel. I can't stop myself. It's been (moderately) interesting watching Kat grow over the past few years - getting sober, getting her own shop, etc. But now something else is going on. She seems to have so much on her plate.

It seems she has hit that point where she is at the top of her game (which is tattooing) - but other things keep taking precendence, like managing a shop, which can't be easy with a store full of artists!) and other jobs to make herself (and her "people") more money. I think she may be pushing her own limits. Just let her to what she loves to do and what she is obviously very good at. Not everyone is cut out to manage, travel, sell, market and do it all on tv - for crying out loud, look around!

I've only started watching this "religiously" this season.

I know Aubrey isn't the brightest bulb, but she seems pretty harmless and I really can't stand the way the others treat her.
    That creepy Dan fella with the bad comb-over just dived right in as well. It comes off as so 'high school" (although my high school wasn't like that at all)
    Adrienne seems like a complete and utter bitch and didn't appear to have any intention of being even civil to Aubrey from the moment she set eyes on her.

I don't mind Kat so much, but the way she pouts her lips bugs me and I like, totally, get like, so like irritated by the way she like talks...you know?
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I missed this season's first episode, and was wondering if Kat mentioned anything about Nikki Sixx? Are they still together? I'm thinking they may have broken up?

Yes, they are still together. Nikki Sixx is to my daughter, Jessica, what Kid Rock is to me. *swoon* So I'm sure I'll always have the update on that relationship.

Oh, this reminds me that while staying at the Palms this week, my other daughter, Lori, and I went into Hart & Huntington just to check it out. I had been in there before when the show was on and they were popular, people were lined up out the doors. The past couple of days there were probably two or three customers - and there is a tattoo I was interested in having done, and the prices there have gone down. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3706053;
    Yes, they are still together. Nikki Sixx is to my daughter, Jessica, what Kid Rock is to me. *swoon* So I'm sure I'll always have the update on that relationship.

Oh, this reminds me that while staying at the Palms this week, my other daughter, Lori, and I went into Hart & Huntington just to check it out. I had been in there before when the show was on and they were popular, people were lined up out the doors. The past couple of days there were probably two or three customers - and there is a tattoo I was interested in having done, and the prices there have gone down. A lot.
    I've been part of the tattoo culture for many years, before it was all super trendy. I cringed when these shows came on tv because I had already seen enough people in the shop I hang out at getting trendy stuff permanently on their body.

I have run into so many people wanting to go to H and H or Kat's shop or the one in miami to have work done and it always disappointed me because there are a lot of artists that care greatly for this art that are the same if not better than some of these people on TV. People will never go to them because they want the trendy h and h tattoo. They want to have the trendy Kat tattoo. It's not about quality at that point. It's just about who is trendy. Kat is talented but I'm less likely to go see her for ink at this point because of the trendyness and I'll never go to h and h just because it's h and h. They'd have to have a super impressive artist for me waste the time and money going there.

It's not about going against the crowd for me. I just don't want to have something on my body forever that people thought I go because of who it is and their tv show basically.

I agree with you. I think the one tv-person whose tattoo I would proudly wear would be Chris Garver - but that's because of his work, not his name. He's one of the most talented artists I've seen. And although Kat takes her art seriously, and is very good at what she does - (this is just my opion) - I don't think "tattoo" was invented for wearing portraits. My tattoos, which are also quite old, are symbols, initials and other pieces that are special to ME. I have (what I call) a logo on all of my tattoos, hidden inside my artwork, made out of my daughters and my initials.

Actually, I think the LA Ink store had become more of a "scripted reality show" than a show about tattoos. It's gotten boring - and I think that's why they threw Aubrey into the mix.

+ Reply to Thread