+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: LA Ink

Re: LA Ink

Quote Originally Posted by bahurupiya;4046447;
    I wondered what people here would think of the last couple of seasons.

I'm the odd viewer out, I confess that we have been enjoying, and enjoying it as much for how epicly badly they are doing it as for the "novela" itself - from day one of that painfully contrived Aubrey arc!

Kat is a tattoo genius, but the world's worst actress, but Craig seems to have some real comic potential, and he is obviously having the time of his life!
    I really like Craig. Don't think it's just love for a fellow Brit, he just has the no-nonsense approach that I enjoy. I would love for Corey to take him up on his offer.

On the subject of Kat's red - whatever that is on her head though - I do agree with the consensus: not her best look.

When will we realize that no matter how light we can get our skin if we use enough sunblock, if Mother Nature put black hair on our head and black eyes in it, we are just not going to look right with colory hair!

This world we live in is in urgent need of some serious undertones education.
    Sing it!!
    This is my constant refrain in the Bachelor forum where peroxide rules the day.
    You have brown eyes, you have olive skin, even if you didn't maintain your hair so badly that you have more roots than Alex Haley blond is never going to work for you.

At least botox, fishlip injections and crimes against hair are temporary.

Whatever she got "did," I wish she hadn't, and I hope it's not permanent.
    Kat's penchant for smooshing her mouth into an exaggerated pout makes lip injections hardly necessary.

I agree with J.D. about the managers. When filming is being done they seems to have about three managers there more often than not.
    I think she should get rid of Adrienne.
    She's such a bitch and so unwelcoming. She seems determined to ensure that any new female not be allowed to remain at the shop. Aubrey and Liz weren't brilliant choices and I don't think Aubrey in particular had any real intention of working there, she was a producer's plant, but Adrienne seems determined to make sure she and Kat will be the only females in the shop.
    She was probably thrilled when Karoline went to Argentina.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-08-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I liked the episode where they celebrated Craig's eleventh year at the shop by having the $20 tattoo session. Paulie was a misery for not joining in, imo.

This week Craig made it very clear to Amy what his feelings are about Aubrey. She came in for a tattoo while Craig was out of the shop and floated the idea to Amy about getting her job back.
    Not only will that not be happening, Craig doesn't even want her in the shop.
    "That's Numberwang!"

He even referred to her as "syphilis" (spelling?), since she kept coming back.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

FORT Fan

I haven't really watched this season, but did Corey give a reason for going to work at American Electric? I thought one of the main reasons why he left Kat's shop is because he was neglecting his own and had to drive to far into LA to work there.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;4088502;
    I haven't really watched this season, but did Corey give a reason for going to work at American Electric? I thought one of the main reasons why he left Kat's shop is because he was neglecting his own and had to drive to far into LA to work there.
    His clients apparently were unhappy that Corey didn't have a "local" shop to work in and weren't crazy about the long drive to his home. He decided he needed a Hollywood/LA location after all.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4088539;
    His clients apparently were unhappy that Corey didn't have a "local" shop to work in and weren't crazy about the long drive to his home. He decided he needed a Hollywood/LA location after all.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks! Guess he had burned too many bridges with Kat to just go back there

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;4088559;
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks! Guess he had burned too many bridges with Kat to just go back there
    Kat did offer to let him go back, but he turned her down.

The way it played out on the tv was, he spoke to Kat about going back to the shop and she told him she'd have to ask the others shop staff what they thought about it.
    While he was waiting for her to get back to him the offer came in from Craig to have a Hollywood base at American Electric.
    Kat eventually decided to let Corey come back and told the staff, then Corey came into the shop to tell her he wasn't going to come back.
    He was annoyed that after everything he'd done to help make the shop a success, she almost wanted to put it to a vote whether or not he could come back.

Poor old Craig. He fires Paulie and Ruthless and Amy are at each others throats and both telling Corey that if he was to get another local shop they'd like to work for him, so he chucks them both out, if only for the rest of the day.
    He's not going to have anyone left at this rate.

I thought the Paulie firing was a bit odd. I thought he must have been gone a lot longer than a fortnight by the way Craig was talking. It seems like Amy was gone longer when she went back to Jersey to see her son earlier in the season and Craig took her back, even after he'd hired Ruthless.
    Might have been the combination of not joining in the $20 tattoo day, that seemed to mean a lot to Craig, leaving for longer than he said, missing an appointment and not letting Craig know when he'd be back that pushed Craig to fire him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

According to hubby, he heard this week that LA Ink has run it's course and has been cancelled. Anyone else heard this?

It was on Rick Forchuk's radio program.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

FORT Fanatic

I read somewhere that Kat's house burned down within the last week or so; her cat also died. She was away on a book tour.

I've also read that it was TLC (or a production company) that set Kat up with her own shop and after three seasons, it would be hers to keep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213