+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Fat March

Re: Fat March

Wendy! Thanks for letting us know what really happened and why you really had to leave the march. I believe that several members of FoRT also suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and they can attest to the fact that it really is extremely painful. Walking that far each day, especially when you aren't accustomed to that much physical activity must be really grueling, even without that kind of pain. 12 miles doesn't seem like a lot in a car, but on foot, I'm sure it seems HUGE. I applaud you for making it as far as you did!

It's unfortunate that ABC chose to edit your departure to make it look like you just up and quit, without any actual medical problems. I guess that makes for more drama.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It sounds like things worked out just the way they were supposed to and I'm sure you wouldn't trade your life now for any amount of that prize money.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Wendy, I want to extend a giant to the Fort!! We are so glad to have you here! My mom has Plantar Fasciitis and there were times that she could barely stand up after having sat for long periods of time. She said it felt just like knives stabbing her heel.

Congratulations on making it as far as you did! I'm sure being on the show was a life changing experience! Congratulations on your pregnancy and best of luck to you in the future.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2545348;
    It's unfortunate that ABC chose to edit your departure to make it look like you just up and quit, without any actual medical problems. I guess that makes for more drama.
    I too wish they would of let us know that there were medical problems associated with your decision to leave.

Are you are under a "no speak" clause until the final show?
    If so, PLEASE at that time come back on FORT and tell us all of the behind the scenes drama!!

If you can, share about what has already aired!

Thanks and welcome to FORT!

Premium Member

Welcome, Wendy! Thanks for coming her to post and set the record straight. Nobody but you knows what the experience was really like and what you went through, and I applaud you for putting yourself out there in the first place. Best of luck with the new baby.

Welcome to the FORT, Wendy.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just a reminder it's on tonight....

Wendyalane, I must apologize because I should have welcomed you first to FORT before debating with you.

As a reality tv show participant you have a unique view into how shows like that are created. Also, since the show is based on fat loss I am curious as to how you and your fellow cast mates were so successful in such a short time.

Also by now you are aware that as a reality tv show participant your every move is critqued and torn apart by total strangers. That is part of the price of being on reality tv.

I have been searching all over the net for information and interviews about the show because I am interesting and am having fun watching the show and hopefully it will inspire me to drop a few pounds. I do not like how ABC set up the Fat March website as it does not provide very much informations as to what you guys ate, a map of how far you walked, what order people finished etc...

The reason I have questions about aspects of the show is that some of the stuff you have said doesn't make sense and no explanations were provided. For instance in one interview you said that you only walked 4 days a week and had 1 day for the challenge. So what did you do on your off days? Did the production company provide housing?? Could you do what your wanted, eat what you wanted during those down days?? Also doing the math: 570 miles 4 days of walking in 10 wks averages out to 14.25 miles a day. Now that is a lot of walking for previously very sedentary overweight people. I am surprised that no one died or had a heart attack, especially since the walks were timed and people pushed to their limits. So what really happened, how was it handled?? Also in your first post you say that the first 3 weeks actually took 6 weeks to film. Please explain, please eleborate. You make a statement without supporting it and it leaves us fans hanging. Because if the 3 weeks of episodes actually took 6 wks to shoot then the remarkable weight losses are not that remarkable because it happened over a 60 day period and not a 24 day period. So, does this mean the production is completely fabricated, that the producers are totally lying to us? If so tell us, give us the real story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

This weekend I heard a radio doctor talking about Fat March. He said that the contestants were not medically monitored as they should of been, and that the way the editing went, that if any one of them had dropped dead they would of just not shown that day and gone on with filming.
    He said that as for the heaviest guy that had to quit due to the feet stress fractures, that if a complete medical evaluation had been done in advance, that would of been detected and could of been avoided. I would imagine the same for Wendy's condition. Needless to say this one doctor was rather harsh on the show.

I do hope that Wendy comes back to FORT and fills us in on the details!!

8/27/07 - episode 4 - comments

My main beef with the show is it's inconsistency. Last week we saw the marchers do 15 miles in 5 hours. So why are they conplaining so much this week when again they are asked to do 15 miles in 5 hours. Yes, it is hot. Yes, there are hills. But how is that different from the hills and heat they have already experienced. They are complaining about not being able to stop and rest or eat. Well, was that allowed the last 15 mile march? That's not the impression I got. It was 15 miles in 5 hours. Unless there are several breaks that are not timed and not shown. The editing is so incosistent, it really messes with the pacing of the show and its continuety.

Still, if you do a hard day of exercise you are supposed to do an easy day next to rest up a bit. At this point it looks as if the producers and trainers are being intentionally cruel. These marchers, after 28 days or so are walking at a 20 minute mile pace and are then asked to increase that mileage by 20% or in this case 3 miles and walk 18 miles in 5 hours. They are also being asked to increase their speed from a 20 minute mile to about a 16:30 minute mile. That is crazy especially for contestents who have only been exercising regularly for a little over 3 wks. You either increase your mileage or your speed, not both at the same time. Not at these distances and heat conditions. You are deliberately pushing people over the edge and begging for a vote off. Which in this case happened to Will. There are 8 people left, 4 men, 4 women, with a potential prize of $60,000 each if they can all cross the finish line. Good Luck to them all.

If Nobody had been voted off the entire group would have had to start 11 miles back, which is the mileage Will needed to complete to finish his 18 miles. If Will was voted off the group still would have had to start 6 miles back as 6 members of the group only did 12 miles. Loralie had 2.5 miles to go and Michael only had .5 miles to go. Jami Lyn and Chantal decided to stay back with the main group for support, they normally break on ahead as they are 2 of the faster walkers.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-27-2007 at 10:50 PM.

Loralie has a MySpace account: MySpace.com - Loralie from Fat March - 30 - Female - CHICAGO, Illinois - www.myspace.com/fatmarchloralie.

She is blogging Fat March but you have to subscribe to her blog.

+ Reply to Thread