+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat March

Re: Fat March

Men also have more muscle in the upper body then women. It takes 50 calories a day to support a pound of muscle. The more the muscle works the more calories it burns therefore burning more calories and lossing more weight than a female of comparable weight and size.

Thats why trainers want you to strenght train, to build muscle so you can burn more fat.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Can someone explain the rules to me a bit---missed the first show. What is the penalty for the group for keeping someone slow on the team...is there a deadline they have to be in DC for to get the cash? Otherwise it seems suicidal to vote anyone off no matter how irritating or negative they are. Or do they all have to get to DC AND have to have lost a certain % of their weight, so that's why they are upset at fellow walkers pigging out? And what is this reference to teams plural? Are they not all on one team? Thanks!!!!
    By the way, Anthony-the-26-year-old-virgin, that personality is doing you no favors in the dating department--it's not just your weight that's the problem.
    The wrestler and his partner in the hot tub (Jaime-Lynn?) are both really cute. Married? He mentioned kids I think.

Allie and Bearcata, thank you! I didn't realize it was so different. Isn't that frustrating. I've started getting back into shape, but I haven't hit my plateau yet, so it's good to know what to do when I do!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2525948;
    Can someone explain the rules to me a bit---missed the first show. What is the penalty for the group for keeping someone slow on the team...is there a deadline they have to be in DC for to get the cash? Otherwise it seems suicidal to vote anyone off no matter how irritating or negative they are. Or do they all have to get to DC AND have to have lost a certain % of their weight, so that's why they are upset at fellow walkers pigging out? And what is this reference to teams plural? Are they not all on one team? Thanks!!!!
    By the way, Anthony-the-26-year-old-virgin, that personality is doing you no favors in the dating department--it's not just your weight that's the problem.
    The wrestler and his partner in the hot tub (Jaime-Lynn?) are both really cute. Married? He mentioned kids I think.
    I checked out the ABC website and the rules are not that clear unless they have posted something since I have been there. I get the impression they are trying for so many miles a day and need to be in DC in 10 wks. One of the points of the vote off is if someone is slowing the team down enough that they would not make the deadline they can vote them off. During the first episode when the Preacher had to go to the hospital. The penalty for the entire group was to start over at the point he stopped. They would have to make up 13 miles. Loralie said she could not do that, and it looks as if the other also did not and they voted him off. I think they need to finish as a team to collect any money even if it is a team of one. At that point the person would collect $10,000. This is were the British version and the American version differ, there being a money prize and a vote off. The whole point of the show is to show that if you reduce what you eat and work out more you will lose weight. But since there are also so many psychological factors involved the idea of a support system is what was added to the mixture. I do wonder what would have happened if none of the group could vote each other off??

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, Bearcata---yes, what would they have done about a guy hospitalized with essentially broken bones in his feet? Or the quitting diva? What happened in England, or did no one quit?
    By the way, all, TBL is recruiting now, in pairs...friends, family, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2528205;
    Thank you, Bearcata---yes, what would they have done about a guy hospitalized with essentially broken bones in his feet? Or the quitting diva? What happened in England, or did no one quit?
    By the way, all, TBL is recruiting now, in pairs...friends, family, etc.
    There were 8 people in England, 4 men and 4 women. 4 people finished. I don't who. What was very similiar to this show's first episode where Kimberly the diva rapper had hissy fits and finally quit around day 3 is that a similiar situation happened in the English show except that the lady quit the first day.

Star Community Newspapers

This is a link to an article about Shane Sisk, the preacher that got voted off in episode one. It just tells how he was selected for the show.

This is a link for an interview with Kimberly the first person to quit Fat March.

Fat March: Interview with Contestant Kim

I am flabbergastered by her response to the program. She describes Fat March as being torture, as Survivor like. That she wanted, needed a regimented program and would love to do 'The Biggest Loser' or 'Celebrity Fit Club'. Uh...first of all I don't think Kimberly even qualifies as a "D" list celebrity so 'Celebrity Fit Club' is out. As far as 'Biggest Loser', I don't think so, that is extreme bootcamp. You have 3 workouts lasting 1 to 2 hours a day. She mentions that no one on Fat March was ready to even walk the 5.5 miles they did the first day of the show during the Boston Marathon, what makes her think she would even survive Biggest Loser. The illogic of her thought process astounds me. She also mentions that after college she weight 180 and that she wanted a career in music so lost weight, but felt that she was being objectified (her words) so gained weight as she felt she would have more respect if she was unattractive. Huh! That's a little warped thinking to me.

This is a link to an article recapping episode 1 and probably explains the rules better than I have.

Fat March Episode 1 - Recap and Rant

I just read an interview with Jamie-Lynn and she stated that Kim was portrayed accurately, that she was grumpy and irritated and not mentally ready for this challenge. In fact Jamie-Lynn and the others set up Kim's tent for her day one knowing she would be in a bad mood. The reason I am not posting the link to the article is because it is on another fan site and I don't want to get an infraction.

+ Reply to Thread