+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Fat March

Re: Fat March

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2566019;
    I prefer to look at it as to the amount of weight they lost in a short period of time. No one stated that this was a complete make over and they would be at an ideal weight when done. I have personally lost 90 lbs and it has taken me 13 months to do it. I applaud them for what they have accomplished and I'm sure that some of them will be able to continue to lose weight and reach their goal. Congrats marchers. Job well done!

Dear Unklescott you deserve the applause.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

A large portion of last night's episode was devoted to the "sabotage plan". Now I can see Jamie Lyn and Michael being pissed off at Chantal and Loralie and basically thinking those 2 women were selfish and not thinking of the team at all. If fact Lorrie, the trainer, has commented in her journal that Chantal pissed of the entire group from day one by immediately marching to the front and treating everyday as a race day and always trying to stay ahead of the others. Loralie is always whinning how she cannot make up anyone else's mileage. Very negative, can't do attitude there. In fact she is a classic passive aggressive. I can get mad, I can get upset but not one else is allowed too. Three times have I seen Loralie say she can't be a team player and because she can't help and make up someone else's mileage she voted them off. Shane, Will and Anthony. Yet she screams bloody murder when for 2 days in a row Michael chooses to help Jamie Lyn walk extra miles, helps Jamie Lyn walk a 33.2 mile marathon. How dare Michael not discuss it with the rest of the team. Michael was helping a team mate. I don't know if Jamie would have been able to finish without Michael pacing her. Chantal and Loralie would have let Jamie Lyn make up the mileage on her own. Well, without Michael helping her she may not have finished, and the entire group would be down another $10,000. By Michael being a true team player, the entire group was able to collect $40,000 each. Did Chantal and Loralie thank Jamie Lyn and Michael for this? Of course not. They bitched about their selfishness and self centeredness.

I think Jamie Lyn and Michael have every right to their feelings and if talking about a sabotage plan helps her vent, then let her vent. You can tell that the only mature one in the group is Shea as she is the only one that hugged Jamie Lyn after, the second team meeting. Sam sorta rolled his eyes, and Loralie and Chantal just stayed seated. Chantal and Loralie didn't have much room to complain, claiming Jamie Lyn is selfish and self centered when that is what I see from those ladies. If Jamie had truly been vindictive she would not have leaked a word to Steve or anyone and would have just stopped right before the finish line just to proof a point. She could really made some drama there and made the other girls apologize for voting off Anthony and make them ask her and Michael very nicely to cross. That would have been great.

I also noticed that Loralie feels she has to get into a raging fit and yell at everyone to get her point across. Talk about childish tantrums.

I also went over and checked out the Fat March Website over at ABC.com and on the messageboards there is a poster called gloriousmom who really dissed Jamie for the "kiss". After a while I got tired of gloriousmom's endless tireless tirades about how DECENT women do not touch, caress or kiss any men who are not their husbands. Does that include male children?? She of course is training her daughters to be "moral women". It is an interesting read. One thing I am glad of is that the rules of FORT that do not allow you to personally attack the poster really does help make for a reasonally dialog between people with varing views. Calling names just reduces the dialog to crap and reduces communication between folks to nothing. I think if more people would follow the FORT rules then maybe there would actually be dialogs between warring factions and we might see peace in the middle east in our lifetime. Hey, its a nice thought.

I would be interested to see how the marchers look now 4 months after the finish. I know Will is doing weight watchers and has lost another 29 lbs. I wonder if the show will be picked up for another season? Oh, another thougth, when Celebrity Fit Club started is was sorta whooted at as a joke but actually was held up as an example of how to diet correctly. I wonder if Fat Marchhad been 100 days of walking, (100 days is how long CFClub lasts) what the result would have been. It would have been another 30 days. I could see Michael reaching the 200 march as well as Shea. Jamie Lyn would have been in the 160's, Loralie in the 170's. If Anthony had been able to stay and do 100 days he definitely would have been loosing 130 or 140 lbs.

Anyway, congratulations to those who completed the march. It was a nice lead in to Biggest Loser. Get was that planned? No a bad idea to capture the Loser fans.

Link to a recap of stage 6:

Walking for Fitness - Weight Loss - Exercise

I do not agree the author saying that Jamie Lyn was a spiteful person because she was considering "sabotaging" the race. We all think or talk about things we would like to do to people to get revenge etc... 99.9% of the time it is just talk. If all the people who wished others dead would actually do the deal I honestly do not believe anyone's hands would be clean. The fact the we can think about doing something, not nice, mean, evil, to a person is a form of venting. I honestly do not believe suppressing such feelings is very healthy. The fact is the vast majority of us do think "bad" thoughts and choose not to act on them. It does not make us spiteful, is does not make us evil, it does not make us bad, just very very human.

A link to Michael's mySpace blog:

Myspace.com Blogs:2andout MySpace Blog

Personally, if I had been on the show I would have been bloging after every episode. I am surprised more of the marchers and trainers have not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2566232;
    The contestents on Biggest Loser are on the ranch for several weeks and then the finalists are sent home to lose even more weight. The timeframe for Biggest Loser is over a 6 month period (or 25.7 wks). The time frame for Fat March is 10 wks. Also remember that even on Biggest Loser the one voted off still can compete for a final prize based on how much even they continued to lose while at home. Therefore you have some really big 100 plus weight loses for the men and 50, 60, 70, and 80 lb weight loses for the women.
    Given that Fat March is about 1/2 the time of TBL, it makes a lot more sense for their weight losses. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2566874;
    Given that Fat March is about 1/2 the time of TBL, it makes a lot more sense for their weight losses. Thanks!
    Just to get things totally acurrate:

Fat March is 70 days.

Celebrity Fit Club is 100 days.

Biggest Loser is 180 days.

Link to Loralie's mySpace account and most recent blog dated Sept 12. Loralie now weights 167 lbs. Another 18 lbs. Yeah!

Myspace.com Blogs:fatmarchloralie MySpace Blog

I know there was a lot of negative criticism about this show but a lot of people are asking Loralie how to sign up for season 2 of the show. I can just see them now marching through Death Valley.

Wow, I was just googling and found this link from Richocet, the producers of Fat March and Supernanny looking for contestents to appear in Fat March.

Star on a New Reality Weight Loss Show

PS: This link is good, but the links on the article it leads to are not. I would have liked to see what the application instructions were. Still it is interesting to see that the producers were advertising on websites for contestents.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-13-2007 at 12:50 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2570700;
    Wow, I was just googling and found this link from Richocet, the producers of Fat March and Supernanny looking for contestents to appear in Fat March.

Star on a New Reality Weight Loss Show

PS: This link is good, but the links on the article it leads to are not. I would have liked to see what the application instructions were. Still it is interesting to see that the producers were advertising on websites for contestents.
    Well, I can see why some of the contestants were surprised by the camping out aspects from that ad....

+ Reply to Thread