+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Pick-Up Artist

Re: The Pick-Up Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Land Pirate;2580117;
    ...is it possible that you had resistance initially to using preplanned "routines/lines/whatever you want to call it" because you percieved it as a lie. But that after reading the book(and assoicated websites), that your resistance to preplanned routines wore off and you accepted that it was not a lie but a socially acceptable way for a guy to get past the awkward first five minutes of meeting a girl? Or maybe I am just reading something into your post that isn't there.
    Lol, no. I am a deep reader and usually pick up on alot of things between the lines in book or stories, whatever. So like... every stupid pick-up line they had in that book (which WAS a lot!) i just threw away. Like i said before, it basically taught me what kind of guys girls are more willing to associate with (in a social scene or in private). I've never been one to be chill about things, I'm kind of ... pro-active (in definition). When others sit, i stand. When others are quiet or just go with the flow, i've always been - even when it hurt me later - the idoit to stand up and state my views or whatnot. If people take up my rant and follow, good; if they don't, or scorn me for doing so: so be it. So... the whole idea of coming across as relaxed and confident, was new to me. And it has helped alot, especially at the party scene.

...I could go on with the concepts that i learned from that book, but it would take to long...but one that i have NEVER and will never use is the whole routines. Cause girls that fall for that, aren't my type. And even if they were, i'd still have trouble figuring out how to make this friendship turn into something more (if that's what i wanted), when it was founded on bull**** from the start.
    What i learned from the book (Style, not Mystery): I got a lot going for me, so i really have nothing to worry about. And if i am at a party... instead of having a goal to get with a women or get a number or soemthing, just aim at having fun. You are at a party after all... that's what i got from it.

Maybe I read between the lines... maybe i'm just crazy and a really bad reader or something...lol. but yeah. The book was helpful to me.

The show, is not. It's dumb (just like everything Mystery says and/or is about. Honestly). Style had a really good relationship with Mystery, so the book protrays him as ... a little more honorable and wiser than he really is. That's why i thought for a second to go to a workshop of his (before seeing his even stupider prices for attending), and even started to watch the show... but yeah. A lot of people have a similar take to the book as you do; after all, it is filled to the top with openers,negs,uhh... and i don't know or care about the rest of them phases... There are a ton of guys, im sure, that read that book and used it for the face value (memorizing the lines and such).

My brother and i both agree that there were some helpful guiding lines not ever specifically stated in the book, but hinted at. I liked it cause it gave me some hope, and kind of lit up a path for me to follow or learn from.

god i need to shorten up my replies...

Has anybody ever delved into the hypnosis part of the "pick up" style? I read some stuff about it once and you some stuff and you stare deeply into the girls eye's and there are keywords or something to that effect that you say and the girl is supposed to imagine or have visions of you and her being *intimate*

Quote Originally Posted by Spad1918;2580194;
    Has anybody ever delved into the hypnosis part of the "pick up" style? I read some stuff about it once and you some stuff and you stare deeply into the girls eye's and there are keywords or something to that effect that you say and the girl is supposed to imagine or have visions of you and her being *intimate*
    Lol. Yah, when i read that in The Game i cracked up. That might have been some bull****. But who knows, after all it's a secret "shaman initiation trick" for some unspoken native-american tribe out west.

As for the hypnosis thing (via hypnotica), every source i have come across states basically one of these two things 1) it actually works (builds confidence, and can help change who you are a person-if that's what you are wanting). 2) it only works on the original CD or DVD's... i found this on a few FORUMS, it wasn't even mentioned on Hypnoticas site. -But it sounds like some tech. stuff... (something about some hidden sound or data that can't be copied or read from a computer or soemthing... idk. I found this statment a few times, so...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinks;2579877;
    I just saw this thread and had to post my thoughts. This concerns this show and The Game, but let me first say this.

I am a pretty ambitious nerd in my 20 going for my bachelors in biomedical engineering (Woot!). But i have never been able to successfully get past a first date. Why? Because i have a problem playing the game. I can usually play/tease with a girl as well as the next person at the club, but i can't stand it more than a few weeks. I hate bull****ting. I don't like pretending that I have somewhere to go when i really don't. I don't like pretending that I am only conscious of this girl as a friend, when really i might see this girl as the most beautiful chick in the world (that's after a while, you know. like a long time before i feel that). But never the less i really, really hate acting or saying things that aren’t true, that aren’t me.

So anyways, how this relates to this show: My brother bought me The Game (read it!) about 6 months ago when i pretty much gave up ever thinking about having a wife or any girlfriend ever again. So i read it. The first half of the book was boring, weird, and ... well of not much interest. But a little way through the second half things start to build. Soon, as depicted in this book (Neil seemed to have really jumped through time here), he is a babe magnet attracting women of all types. I gotta say this... from the start of the book he sounded much like me. A nice guy with good morals that is looking for two things:
    1) the ability to approach, communicate with, and build a relationship (friend or lover) with any girl he wants. To have no lack of confidence.
    2) to be able to find the girl he truly wants. (This book was really good, so give it a shot (and i mean a whole one. Not just for the first half of the book))
    -This book, through the mesh, taught me a ton (because i was able to relate with Neil so much, it was frightening). It taught me how to go about a social scene without being self-conscious, and instead be relaxed, talkative, and confident. It really has done a lot for me. It also taught me how to be patient a little more patient, and to just … not give a woot if my targeted goal isn’t achieved or even if it is ‘stolen’ from me. It never was mine in the first place. As a guy, its my job to have fun, be myself (not lye), be talkative, and to not be strung out about anything. If I have a vibe of having fun and being easy going, people in general are attracted to it. That's what the book taught me.

So this show came out. I was like: “WOW! Mystery has his own show! Wow, ever since the book was released I have kind of wanted to go to one of these workshops… now he is basically airing one on TV. Cool…”

Bummer… This show was cheesy to extremes. I had previously seen a clip of Mystery teaching on Youtube, and some of it was bad, but you manage to understand what he is trying to get at. But this!!! This was just lame to the extreme…

ONE: You don’t see Style at all (the author of The Game)

TWO: Mystery talks to the camera in… the dumbest way I’ve ever seen (you know? When the show is cut, just so you see him in his ‘throne chair’ with candles burning beside him. And he continues to give the viewer some advice or something stupid).
    THREE: You don’t see the ‘Players’ actually play the game in the club. They edited way to much so you practically see them enter, talk to a chick (with fakes, usually), and then HEY! They are making out…. Not very helpful to anyone.

FOUR: the medallions… wow I am so jelous that I can’t one of those! I wish I had the blue medallion cause it stands for air *breathe* I’d be able to use my new air abilities to flow up to a girl in style. I’d be unstoppable like the air! …. Idk, that’s all just dumb, I was disappointed when I saw that cause I thought I might have accidentally mistaken this show as a show made for guys like me, rather than a show for little boys that still play pokemon. Idk.

FIVE: Pradeep. How the **** did he last that long??? Seriously. Just seeing that kid act like he was cool, pissed me off. That kid was the biggest idiot I’ve ever seen. Dumber than some of those blondes on Beauty and the Geek. They should have just kicked him off on the first day. He was just so oblivious.

Enough said. The show disappointed.
    In order to get past the first date you don't play any game whatsoever (if you want an above average woman) there isn't any mystery to it-just be COMFORTABLE in who you are...and actually, once you stop worrying about impressing a girl, playing a game or coming up with some witrty line, if you are respectful, decent, intellegent,funny(heck, even i9f your humor boms the woman wil be impressed that you took the risk, anyhow) and yes, NICE you'll be in great shape. People make this whole thing waaay too complicated. And, gee do you truly want to end up dating the type of females Mystery's `technique' works on?
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

FORT Newbie

Cosmo wins, I'm not surprised, but it was still kind of dramatic, it was worth the 40 minutes or so I spent watching.

I can't get this out of my mind...26 minutes into the epsiode (my DVD records it automaticaly with time stamps), while Brady is sitting on the bed, and his protege pratices openers, the camera pans back and there is this new guy sitting in a chair against the wall. Who dat? I played it back three time, it was surreal. lol

Mystery comments that Brady's protege didn't seem to be attracted to his targets. Hmmm... to me that seemed like PUA code for "Mystery didn't think his targets were attractive"

They probably edited it out (or I missed it) in prior episodes, but previously they never showed the contestants flat out lying about their economic status to impress women. Yea, they made up stories about fights, and made up stories about needing opinions, but those stories weren't intended to intentionally mislead people about the PUA's economic status, they were just conversation starters, and most women would be willing to forgive the story teller if they ever did go out on a date with him. But in this episode they were at least two blatant lies made with the intent to decieve regarding economic status. first the story about the little boy on a skate that he "saw out the window of his limo", emphaisis on "limo". And the big pool party story. I don't think many women would be willing to look past those two embellishments. I'm sure those were influential in the one guy's ability to get a number close (PUA geek talk alert), but come on, how is the guy later going to explain that he drives a 1998 Honda Civic, and that his apartment complex/parents house doesn't have a pool? I'd hear what those two women said when they learned the truth about that guy they gave their phone number to.

redsox girl, that is the best advice I've heard so far!

You know I saw Cosmo winning from like the 3rd episode. I didn't even watch the show in it's entirety to figure that out.
    Even though I did want Joe D. to win Cosmo was still a great choice.

I don't see this coming back for another season...

I'm glad Cosmo won. I wasn't initially a big fan of Mysterys but in the end, I saw a lot more of his personality and humor and definitely find him more attractive now.

Isn't Kosmo spelled with a 'k'? Anyway... I wanted to see Brady win, but Kosmo's guy number closed and Brady's didn't. Pretty much a done deal I'd say. On the night Kosmo and Brady go out with Mystery, I thought it was pretty cute the way Brady was interacting with his sets. Even though they are being a little manipulative, it's nice to see these guys get the confidence to approach new people.

Watching some episodes of this show was challenging for me, lol.

There would have been a time when I could possibly have found Mystery attractive physically, but those days are long gone now.

One thing that bugs the heck out of me about the guy is that little piercing he wears inside a thatch of hair on his chin. It grosses me out everytime I see it, reminds me of a thatch of pubic hair with a stud in there....ewwwww!

Those dang lines! If i hear again in my life a guy telling a story about a fight down the street to try to start a convo with a woman, I think I will puke. How stupid! Men just need to be themselves, it's not that hard to come up with something to say to a woman, especially in a bar situation.

I'm not hating on anybody who enjoyed the show, I just don't find Mystery very mysterious or his "artistry" very artistic.

He could never pick up a confident, mature woman. Nor could anybody using his methods.

lily

+ Reply to Thread