+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Pick-Up Artist

Re: The Pick-Up Artist

I saw the 2nd episode over the weekend, and I really think that the guys look attractive now. Scott shocked me! Just a subtle change in his hair made him look much more masculine and not as geeky. Joe [not the 'gay' one] was adorable, and Spoon really has a rocker look to him that lots of ladies would love, but not in a club environment.

I predict that Brady or one of the Joe's will win this season. Pradip [sp?] cracked me up this week, however he really should have been eliminated.

I'm excited for tonight. I guess that BB and The Pick Up Artist will be my 2 main shows for the next month or two. I really like this show, I guess I fit into the demographic that they were aiming for.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityDiva;2535735;
    I really like this show, I guess I fit into the demographic that they were aiming for.
    Hey RD, I read in an early article on this show that the demographic they were going for was single men in their 20's. I'm sure they will take any loyal fans they can get, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2535744;
    Hey RD, I read in an early article on this show that the demographic they were going for was single men in their 20's. I'm sure they will take any loyal fans they can get, though.

Haha, flip the gender, subtract 4 years, and then I'd fit their demographic!

My mother likes the show, as well. My boyfriend watched it once, and he couldn't stand it.
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...

FORT Fogey

I'm loving this show. Mystery is actually really hot. He could definitely get my attention. And so could his wingmen.

I actually have a lot of male friends who are like him. I'm watching this show and thinking of my clubbing days. They did all these tricks in some way. I actually had one friend who would talk to a girl long enough to get her to notice him and then he'd move on.

(And it actually makes me giggle that mystery has a little speech impediment. It's kind of endearing. And part of what's disarming about him)

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;2537511;
    (And it actually makes me giggle that mystery has a little speech impediment. It's kind of endearing. And part of what's disarming about him)
    Hmm, I haven't heard any speech impediment, lol. He is canadian, I think, so I've only heard a Canadian accent.

FORT Newbie

haha, I like this show. It's kind of sad knowing it takes so much work for some guys to talk to the girl and make her interested in them. I think some stuff that Mystery says is really intersting and would work for many of us girls, but honestly, the best key to the girl's heart is be confident and be who u are. just chill and take it easy.

now onto the guys...

*SPOILERS BELOW*

damn spoon u chicken! It was sad seeing him go, b/c he had potential! The indian dude is driving me crazy. what an ass.. sorry (did u guys see monday's episode --- when they had to entertain the little kids?). Plus the 45 year old virgin (sorry, don't have all the names memorized) was really a nice guy, but man does he need work.

And if Mystery didn't talk like that (he doesn't hesitate), didn't dress like that, he would not be as hot as he is. His personality and confidence entirely make him attractive. I'm sure if we take all of his make up off and got rid of his style.. he'd be just another regular person.

But I salute him for trying to help these guys. I hope that they take on these "life lessons"

btw, what's mystery's real name?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

At first Pradeep irritated me, too, mugging for the kids and basically begging them to vote for him... but then I thought, how different is that than what Mystery's teaching them to do? Pradeep basically manipulated the little girls into voting for him...and the guys are being taught to manipulate women into (eventually) going to bed with them. I think that's why Mystery and his wingmen Fatty and Skunkhead didn't call him out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lanola79;2540815;

btw, what's mystery's real name?

His real name is Erik Von Markovik, and he is going to be 36 next month. He is from Toronto, whoo!

am I the only woman here totally turned off by `mystery' (give me a break, what a stupid moniker... It's amystery to me why any good looking, intellegent, self -confident woman would want anything to do with this third rate Scott Weidland(sp). Is this guys `act' successful outsisde of the club scene? and no, I will not go out with a guy who wears freakin ww1 fighter pilot goggles, particularly if he doesn't even own a damn plane. And The giant fur hat that looks like it's made from the hyde of a muppet? All I have to say is `Pam Anderson circa 1997 called and she wants her hat back, pal.' The red lips tattoo on the side of his neck looks like a sticker he got out of a 10 cent gumball machine. Just everything about him is cliche and tired. And if any guy came up to me in a bar or a club and treated me the way `mystery' treats the women he comes up to in clubs, I would just walk away- what a disrespectful little ....

Having said that, I like Cosmo and the guy who says girls think he's gay -also chunky dude. Shame they aren't learning about creating and substaning actual realtionships with the oposite sex.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Eric/Mystery has some sort of weird speech thing going, he has this stilted, cadence in his voice. It's distracting.

A real man, who doesn't need to hide behind some ridiculous caricature, who doesn't need to degrade and devalue women, who is self confident in his true nature anc character, needs to step in and save these genuinely decent guys from becoming, turning into, `jokes, like the alleged master they are learning from- yeah, I know he's the pick up artist, but the only thing he knows how to `pick up' is garbage.
    and yet I watch...
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

+ Reply to Thread