+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fashionista Diaries - SoapNet

The Fashionista Diaries - SoapNet

I'm looking for somebody, anybody who has seen this show so that I can rant about what an ugly, despicable human being that Bridget girl is. She reminded me of that girl in Shallow Hal who Jack Black saw as an old hag. No inner beauty whatsoever.

Here's a link to the show's site so you can read the synopses and see for yourselves.

The Fashionista Diaries | The Show: Latest Episode
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Fashionista Diaries - SoapNet

Bridget is a witch with a capital 'B'! I think what shocked me most is people accepting, into their hand (tissue or not), her discarded ABC gum!!! And she asked the one girl if she would swallow her gum??? She's lucky she didn't get slapped. I would have taken great pleasure in hurting her feelings, with a quickness!!! She's only going to get away with what they allow her to, though. Like Dr. Phil is fond of saying....You teach people how to treat you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really enjoyed the 8/8 episode where the "socialite" kept calling Bridget monkey. She said she called her monkey b/c she had a tail and basically kept insulting her. It was really great. Bridget needs to run into more people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsin1;2512870;
    I really enjoyed the 8/8 episode where the "socialite" kept calling Bridget monkey. She said she called her monkey b/c she had a tail and basically kept insulting her. It was really great. Bridget needs to run into more people like that.
    Yes, that was hilarious. Bridget definitely deserves to be knocked down a peg or two -- although I did not understand what the socialite meant by a tail.

I cannot stand Bridget's voice; it is so grating. Very much like her ginger-haired boss's. If Bridget's parents can afford to buy her designer clothes, they should buy her some voice lessons.

If they were not so completely unpleasant, I might have had something to say against Nicole's "sock out," but as it is I was rooting for Nicole vs. those snotty bwitches.

As for Tina, I could not believe they were telling her she had problems with her co-workers when really it was the black girl's crappy attitude. When she called out Tina for allegedly being "rude" to her, didn't that make you think of how rude the black girl had been to Tina when they were scoping out the venue? The only difference was that Tina let it slide, showing a professional attitude, unlike her touchy counterpart.

Omg I thought I was the only one who found that child's voice annoying?It's almost cartoonish. Do men really like that?yikes

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2526996;
    Omg I thought I was the only one who found that child's voice annoying?It's almost cartoonish. Do men really like that?yikes
    I can't imagine anyone liking it, although if they live in an area where a lot of people talk like that, they may be used to it. Maybe it reminds them of their mothers -- dont' know whether to lol or gag at that!

FWIW, I can't imagine any cartoon worth watching subjecting its viewers to anything that off-putting.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2523906;
    As for Tina, I could not believe they were telling her she had problems with her co-workers when really it was the black girl's crappy attitude. When she called out Tina for allegedly being "rude" to her, didn't that make you think of how rude the black girl had been to Tina when they were scoping out the venue? The only difference was that Tina let it slide, showing a professional attitude, unlike her touchy counterpart.
    When 2 people start working together, they have to find a way to meld their work styles. The best way to do that is to talk out whatever the perceived problems are. I don't think either of the women were "at fault", but there were some definite problems. The one woman taking credit for the idea of stamping the company name on the little sandwiches, with no acknowledgment that it was the other woman's idea........I don't know how she held up her head after that rip-off. And the fact that the black woman didn't roll over top of her for that....I thought that showed maturity. I don't understand where you get this "crappy attitude" idea. You do well to pick your words and your moments carefully. Obviously, their boss knew about the incident, and was aware of the rip-off. That did not make the woman who stole credit for the idea look very good in her boss' eyes, and it told the boss something about both of her employees. That is one of those kinds of facts that you store away in your mental file, for future reference.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am so glad I am not the only one who hates Bridget! Her voice is annoying..the way she brags is annoying and really cant she be at least be a little bit sensitive to Nicole considering that this is Nicole's first foray into fashion?

I like Tina. Sure she is a bit of a worry wart but its her desire to do well which is making her such.

I like Andrew and Rachel together. Grr for Bridget trying to come in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2523906;

Tina is the one with the problem. The fact that she had no problem at stealing someone else's idea for her own proves it. The idea that someone loaned her a dress and she didn't take care of it is another to show her imaturity. If I was Janjay no way would she have gotten away withstealing my idea. The fact that Tina interrupted Janjay when she was talking to their boss was proof she needs to have some class with herself. The boss seemed floored by the blatant interruption.

Tina should have super-closely inspected that dress that she wore when she first received it, I thought. Who's to say that some of those stains and pulls that were found, by the cleaning guy, weren't already there? Tina was able to take blame for one of the stains, hands down, but I think it's possible that the dress didn't arrive in pristine condition, in the first place. That episode also told me that I would have never accepted the loaner dress in the first place. Who needs all of that pressure??

I hate the ambiguous, whiny way that many of these people talk on this show. They have that sing-song cadence that can be so irritating. I'm of the belief that if you have something to say, just come out and say it and don't leave what you mean open to question.....and then come down like a ton of bricks on someone who may misinterpret what you said....they just didn't happen to guess right this time. Don't ask someone if they want to do something when you are really giving them a directive. That is sooo annoying!!! If this person makes the wrong choice in response to what you have said...you share responsibility for giving them options that they may have exercised!

They have disrespected that woman from Queens since the day she started working. True, the woman was not cut out for that particular company; her temperament was not a match for the company, but I thought most of the people were pretty nasty where she was concerned. I was glad that she resigned. She'll be much happier somewhere else, with different types of people. Poor thing never did get the "what to wear to work" thing down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast