+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: The Two Coreys (A&E)

Re: The Two Coreys (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3155155;
    I really don't see a third season for this show. It would just be more of the same. And from the article I posted a page back, they haven't spoken to each other since they finished filming, which was about six months ago. Pretty much how it ended last time so I can't see another season if it's just going to be them arguing about their past.
    I agree, they've beat that tired old storyline to death.

Sure they were child stars and had problems, drugs? sexual abuse? and whatever else but trying to build an entire reality show around "Should you try to stay friends if all you have is a past?" could have been asked and answered in Season 1.

They are both grown men, they are BOTH damaged from their pasts.... maybe hanging out together and wallowing for the umpteenth time in the story of how they were an unstoppable force on film together *cough*, isn't the best thing for either of them.

When they are together all I see is both of them being enabled, Feldman gets to play the part he likes where he is the successful and perfectly happy guy with a GREAT career and family who can pontificate and counsel Haim rather than deal with his own shortcomings and Haim gets to be the loser who never grew up and still can't get his act together and be a responsible adult.

Haim throws tantrums and acts upset with Corey and Suzy as they look down their noses at everything he attempts to do to better himself.

That has dysfunctional relationship written all over it.

Time for both of them to ______ or get off the potty
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

Haim is in love with Feldman (just my opinion) and doesn't know how to deal with superficial Suzy who is clearly just with Feldman for noteriety. Why she chose him...I will never know. Maybe that is all she could get. He is not famous like he once was, but she is trying to change that isn't she? Something to ponder.

FORT Fan

I think Susy and Feldman were made for each other both totally self-involved, although I felt bad for Feldman when he was showing his manager where he needed lipo and Suzy is actually pointing going 'there... see...' -- nice wife. As for the Corey/Corey relationship, I think Feldman really does want to see Haim succeed but he just goes about it all wrong, I mean was it necessary to have Todd Bridges and Paulie Shore talk to Haim, it was pretty apparent that fiasco was just so Bravo could get some footage of more celebs past their prime.

They should just cut to the chase and do Munsters II - Corey F as Grampa and Corey H as Herman.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3170811;
    They should just cut to the chase and do Munsters II - Corey F as Grampa and Corey H as Herman.
    OMG Feldog does look like Grandpa -- that's great!

Compared with Haim's tired angst-ridden artiste BS, Feldman is a breath of fresh air because he's pretty much an average, normal guy who's been thrust into a very un-average career and lifestyle. I can't abide Suzy (if my husband had a dysfunctional friend, I'd stay about a million miles away from any intervention attempt and I sure would keep my mouth shut about his mother ) but if Feldman is happy fawning over her, whatever.

I missed last week, but the only time I've ever seen Haim behave with any measure of sincerety and dropped his gross self-pitying act is when he chatted with the aspiring child actors. (I don't think he's a good enough actor to have faked his manner with the kids.) I was really impressed with how he seemed to connect with them. Instead of continuing a fruitless struggle to recapture his "glory days" from 20 years ago, why not pursue a career coaching young actors? He may not be much of a role model, but his past experience has some value and could be put to good use.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread