+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 79 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Flipping Out (Bravo)

This is a new series on Bravo. I just saw the preview special and it looks great.

I can really identify with that guy's wanting everything to be perfect. It will be such a relief to watch a house flipping show where the guy really cares about doing the job right. As much as I like the whole concept of fixing up a house, I never could watch any of the other shows because the participants were so disrepectful. This guy, on the other hand, whether through his OCD or whatever, seems to really respect the integrity of the process. And he also acknowledges the spiritual energy in houses and design, something I've never seen addressed before, so I hope that will be fun to watch.

Re: Flipping Out

Man there are so many house flipping shows out there already. Maybe I'll give it a peak to see if its any different than the 25 that TLC has and the 55 that HGTV has (numbers, of course, are completely exaggerated)

When's it come on? I think it might be interesting to see somebody approaching the flipping from a spiritual energy place rather than "how can I put my personality into this and make the most money"

I think the main approach is supposed to be humorous, as this guy is totally OCD and has a staff of people who think he's crazy and who drive him crazy (although they all love each other?) He employs 6 psychics who, among other things, bless the energy of his houses (that is spiritual to me), but that is not the main thrust of the show. He also has lots of other employees who provide humor in commenting on his obsessive behaviors.

I think it is totally different from all the other flipping shows I've seen (the ones I could not stomach), the main difference being that he puts a lot of care and money into redoing the houses and then decorates them so that they look really good (in LA). So it is different from the "spend the least amount and slap it together to sell as fast as you can" philosophy, which I think is disrespectful both of the property and of the potential buyers. So the fact that this guy (Jeff?) doesn't do that sets this show apart from what I didn't like about the other shows.

Bravo had a show called BlowOut about a male hairdresser. Sure it focused on his salon business, but also aspects of his personal life.

Then came along WorkOut about a female fitness center owner. Again, focusing on her business and personal life. One of her employees was Rebecca, of the Adam & Rebecca team on the Amazing Race.

Now it looks like this will be the third installment FlipOut which will be about this guy's flipping house business as well as his personal life.

I will probably watch it or at least set up the DVR and give it a shot.

Harvest, you make it sound interesting and I'm so over the flipping shows and most interior design shows (except Next Design Star, of course!). So that's saying alot that you described it in a way that is making me want to check out.

Thanks for the information!

The promotional people have provided a couple of preview clips for the show.

http://68.178.158.128/Bravo/Flipping...ealing_460.wmv

http://68.178.158.128/Bravo/Flipping...taging_460.wmv

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

They showed the whole first episode last week after Kathy Griffin (it may even be available online line Kathy's premiere episode was). It was okaaay. The dude was a BIT easier to take than Anton, but only a bit. It was nice to see that he is struggling for $$ to finish the houses. It makes him more likeable, that he is not just sitting on a pile of money looking down on everyone. Dont get me wrong, he DOES look down on everyone, just not from atop a a pile of money!

Interesting; we are watching a lifestyle, with some flipping. Nice to see that he goes and checks out each project site. I did think that his two house assistants were totally useless and the one deserved to fired. Personally, I would love the job as I would like to learn the business.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2498152;
    Interesting; we are watching a lifestyle, with some flipping. Nice to see that he goes and checks out each project site. I did think that his two house assistants were totally useless and the one deserved to fired. Personally, I would love the job as I would like to learn the business.
    I have only seen the first episode, but it doesn't seem to me that Jeff isn't doing as much teaching as yelling and ordering.
    Jeni is a personal assistant, so I don't know if she goes to the houses much. The other two house assistants seem to be around to pick up lunch and take care of the animals.
    Maybe we will see more mentoring later on.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I liked this show...only saw one epi (7/31)!!

Does anyone think Jenni looks like Julia Louis Dreyfuss? And Jenni's hubby I thought looked so familiar and then he said he was on PUNK'D as a "actor"!!!

I wish I had spiritual healers and card readers...don't have the $$ for that..lol!!!

So funny how he and Jenni sit at the same desk together working side by side!!

I love the maid...she wanted to help with the "staging" of the house and after carrying in some cushions, she was too tired to continue...lol!!

Jeff is a bit hyper but I think that business (R.E.) can be like that...I will continue to watch this show!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 79 123456789101151 ... LastLast