+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 276768697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

This is why I don't like old people! My jaw hit the floor when she was cussing Jenny out. As busy as Jeff is these days, I don't know why he bothers with trying to fix up that old bat's house, knowing she doesn't want it updated.

I also don't find Andrew amusing. I don't think he adds much to the show anymore.
    holly71, usschmidt and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Now if she has some medical issue that causes her to act like that, then I will give her a PASS.
    But I know of no medical issue that makes one so RUDE and UGLY to people RIGHT IN THEIR FACES.
    Alzheimers & Dementia are medical issues that can & do make many people act ugly & hateful. Working in the medical field, I've seen it first hand many times. And they can flip on a dime. They can be sweet as pie one minute, mean as hell the next, & then flip back to being nice as if they weren't just being ugly two minutes before.

I think Jeff's granny has early stages of dementia. I think he even said it (although with Jeff, he may be joking)
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Well if she isn't competent, he needs to take over. He may have to go to court to get guardianship over her. If she's too incompetent to realize the dog is too much for her and could easily hurt her, then maybe he needs to rehome the dog anyway. I understand she may be unhappy, but her safety has to come first.

I don't think she's to the point yet of needing to live in a supervised setting, but she definitely needs to be checked on on a regular basis. At least every couple of days. I think this dog is a terrible fit for her, but now she's emotionally attached. It's a tough situation.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Yeah, this dog could offer risks that are too great for her. A pit bull is a strong willed breed. They need a firm hand and daily training. I have heard pit bull experts talk about it. They are very adamant about certain breeds having the right owner. Without proper training and firm hand, that dog could knock her down and hurt her. If she can't get up, she could lay in the floor and die within a day or two, from shock, blood loss, dehydration, etc. Is she is not able to see and properly weigh the risks, then she may need someone to do it for her. She may be able to attend to her daily needs of hygiene, food, etc. but not have the capacity to make certain decisions about her welfare.

About the dog ... what was the POINT of Andrew going out where the dog was??? All Andrew did was annoy the dog and all that dog did was jump at him.

Then when they all went back to Fullerton the 2nd time, both Andrew and Jeff were out at different times with the dog, why? Leave him alone.

AND I am wondering why the trainer (that I am guessing Jeff hired) did not take Jeff aside and tell him that THIS breed is NOT good for a Senior????

Grammy should have a little poodle or something cute and sweet like that that can curl up on her lap. Ya, a lap dog or kitty. BUT A FREAKIN' PITBULL????
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

Andrew seems to do much for attention. Even though it's lame, isn't funny and makes no sense.
    momrek06 and PA Snow Bunny like this.

Being the daughter of an 89 year old mother I do get it. You have to understand this generation grew up during the depression and their generation fought WW2. They are frugal beyond belief. My Mom will fight tooth & nail over each and every needed home improvement I do at her home. I will buy my Mom a new outfit and she will tell me I am wasting money because she will be dead soon.
    She fell 4 weeks ago but refused to go to the doctor, didn't want to bother him because she was just there the previous week. She finally went when she couldn't walk. She has a bone chip in her hip. I bought her a new pair of shoes today, tomorrow I will get yelled at for wasting my money. Trust me I know she doesn't mean it. I just want her happy.
    Guess what folks...none of us are getting younger.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Snow Bunny, it sounds like your mom is fortunate to have you looking out for her. It sounds challenging. I've had similar experiences dealing with my disabled cousin who I have tried to help since her mom died. Plus, helping with my parents. It's rough, but if I really thought the dog was dangerous to stay with my mom and if an expert confirmed it was not safe....the dog would have to go, one way or the other.

+ Reply to Thread