+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

It's amazing that employers think that their employees should not be able to have fun "on the job" If a worker doesn't get some kind of satisfaction from the job, he will move on very quickly to a new job. It's amazing how much fun they have on "Ace Of Cakes" and still get all the work done and done beautifully I might add. Anybody see the cake version of "Hogwarts" last week?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3091061;
    It's amazing that employers think that their employees should not be able to have fun "on the job" If a worker doesn't get some kind of satisfaction from the job, he will move on very quickly to a new job. It's amazing how much fun they have on "Ace Of Cakes" and still get all the work done and done beautifully I might add. Anybody see the cake version of "Hogwarts" last week?
    Yeah one of my favorite "corporate jobs" was in an office that had an HR sanctioned "Events Committee" (The committee was open to anyone who was willing to give up an occasional (private) lunch break and meet in a conference room to plan upcoming events).

Of course I joined the events Committee LOL

We had costume contests & pumpkin carving contests at Halloween, BBQs during the Summer (which were more like carnivals... with water balloon tosses, games, prizes etc),
    And my favorite were the department wide decorating contests at the Holidays.... Usually with a specific theme & individual rules...

It was a blast! Also the VIPs would occasionally pull everyone away from their work to make an "important announcement" & then serve ice cream sundaes to the entire company to thank them for a job well done....

That was the best Human Resources Dept. I've ever known...

But I definitely know what you mean, some employers take themselves way to seriously and expect their employees to be loyal (and grateful) for just being employed.... I've worked a few of those jobs as well...

BTW the Hogwarts cake was awesome... (I just wish more of their cakes were completely edible...)
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3091061;
    I saw the Hogwarts cake. It took my breath away. They did some other great cakes that episode, too -- the blue guitar, the skyscraper, and the "easy" hamburger. And yes, they all work hard, but they all have fun.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Security cameras in his home. Hmmm...

I hope the whole staff leaves him in protest. He's truly lost it now.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3094723;
    Security cameras in his home. Hmmm...

I hope the whole staff leaves him in protest. He's truly lost it now.
    It's more likely that production has lost it and not Jeff.

Did anyone watch last night?

Wow, Chris Elwood just flat-out lied not only to Jeff, but later on Jenni said he swore to her he didn't answer the phone that way. And then not only is he lazing around on the job, but he's going through Jeff's personal stuff?!?! That is just...beyond tacky.

The person I feel really bad for is Jenni because she is not only caught in the middle, but also she's going to find out her husband lied to her about it. It makes me wonder how many other things has he lied to her about?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I watched it this morning. Jeff has such a sense of humor. We were laughing when he was teasing the woman about the rats.

It is going to be so awkward when Jenny finds out. Her job security vs. her husband. But Jeff is a bit deluded to think Jenny will see things from his point of view. If Jeff were not her boss & landlord, I'd think she would definitely stick up for her husband no matter what a doofus he is, but her situation will put her in a lot of stress. And no matter how much Chris may "deserve" to get busted, I think Jeff is uncomfortable because he knows it was wrong to be spying like that.

That is Jeff's home and office. He was not wrong to put in security cameras. However, before he took that step, I think he should have had a one on one, alone with Chris.

Chris should not have been using someone else's computer or going through their personal things.

Man, Chris would never last where I work. We have security cameras all over (not the loo's) and it is just accepted. The boss was getting ripped off of booze and cash (I work in a bar). And Jeff did give Chris a chance to come clean and he proceeded to swear on the life of his mother etc that he hadn't answered the phone. And giving Chris 2 all the jobs while he played around, what a skunk (a male skank). You notice that Chris 2 never complained and he had a chance to when Jeff asked what he and Chris 1 did all day. Let's face it Chris 1 is just a sleezebag and if Jenny can't handle that she is married to a liar (what else has he lied to her about?) then she should quit too. I was sure that Jeff would find that Chris was telling the truth and working as he was supposed to. I was very disappointed in his behaviour. But what they said this wasn't the first time he'd pulled this crap.

There is a difference between employees knowing there are cameras and observing them in secret. While it may be legal, Jeff's feelings of guilt show that he knows it is not cool to be spying on his employees without their knowledge. Note that he told Zoila about it. She was one person he valued enough not to want to risk losing by lying to her. No wonder she was not caught napping on camera. Maybe if Chris knew he was being watched, he would try and clean up his act. Although it seems he is just not capable of being as competent as Chris 2 no matter how he might try - but give him the chance to show whether he is capable of trying. Obviously he is not capable of self-policing in the absence of supervision.

+ Reply to Thread