+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Debb you would be surprised how much a remodel, even a modest one, can cost. I just finished 2 rooms & almost tripled my budget & I got everything at our cost and in many cases I got an additional discount because it was for my personal home.

You would also be surpised as to the lengths you have to go to keep a customer happy. I had to call in a big time favor in order to get a job completed by tomorrow afternoon & there are times when you just need to keep your mouth shut & a smile on your face no matter what.
    Oh, I do believe that dealing with customers is a BIG challenge, but when you have had it for so long, you need to step back and reexamine yourself.
    Granted, the cost is great, but there are original, low cost options for someone who is inspired and truly trying to create art with their designs. I just don't see that with Jeff anymore. I noticed he talked about chosing to put different kinds of wood in the house as opposed to the same kind. He thought that was somthing unique. Maybe so, but isn't that kind of stretching it. I think my expectations of Jeff's work are may be too high.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I love Zoila. I loved her confronting Gage about when he's gonna fire her. I loved her "bring it on" speech ... "you first" type of comments.
    Loves me some Zoila! She tells it like it is and totally stands up for herself. I would love to hang out with her. I bet she'd be a riot.
    luvsginger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I noticed he talked about chosing to put different kinds of wood in the house as opposed to the same kind. He thought that was somthing unique. Maybe so, but isn't that kind of stretching it. I think my expectations of Jeff's work are may be too high.
    I don't like the idea of different kinds of woods vs. just one kind. To me, it makes me think the person bought what was on clearance & there wasn't enough so they had to piecemeal it together by getting another kind of wood to do the next room.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I remodled my kitchen, my bathroom & a powder room & did make each different & unique. I know most new construction we do customers tend to match everything but I think that would be dull & quite boring. Now that I did these rooms my dining & living rooms look dated & will need a redo but next year. Built ins, even at my price, are expensive.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I think I agree about Stacy's dislike of Jennie being a scripted ploy just for added interest. What bothered me more was her references to how many BJs she had to give her husband to get more money for the re-do. Jeeze, I don't want to know those things about other people.
    I guess I've just gotten old and prudish but shockingly blatant sex talk with people you've just hired to help design your house seems a bit much to me.

I don't think we get to see as much of Jeff's design work like we used to. The show seems to focus on personalities more than the projects. I prefer the old format.

Ok, I seriously cried through most of the episode with the dog. I know the love we feel for our animals and when they are hurt or sick it is like a child being hurt or sick.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm hesitating about watching the dog episode, having put down a beloved dog a few months ago.
    Jeff surprises me with this total love and tolerance to his animals that he does not extend to humans in his life.
    I also think now that Jeff is doing re-models rather than flipping houses is why we don't see as much of his creative designs. When you have a client with strong opinions you can't just do what you know will look best. I was very impressed with what he did for that NY magazine spread. We could really see his talent in it.

I wish I could have that Star come to my home & talk to my cats. My heart was breaking for Casey. I hope she is doing better now.
    That subcontractor that worked for Jeff...glad to see Jeff fire him. Hey I fired my subcontractor who was doing the remodel on my bathroom. He was doing what he wanted & not what I was paying him to do. My home, my vision & my money...I AM your boss for this job. Didn't listen to me after 2 requests to listen to my wishes, I texted him that we were now done & to pick-up his equiptment. I still talk/see him on a daily basis & there aren't any hard feelings on my part. I was just done. I hired someone else who did exactly what I wanted done.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I saw most of the show, but missed the part where they said what was wrong with his dog. I saw him after they picked him up from the vet. What was wrong? What treatment did they do?

Hey Buglover and DragonLady...sounds like both of you are animal lovers like so many of us here on FORT. It was a very heartbreaking episode to watch regarding Jeff's dog, however, from what I gleaned from the episode (and from being a veterinary technician for many years) the dog is going to be ok. I missed the first part of the show that revealed what the dogs problem was, but I think it may have been a slipped disc or something to do with a disc problem.
    Anyway, it was heartwarming to see how everyone came together to support Jeff and most importantly, to help the dog (can't remember the dog's name).
    This is what "reality tv" should be about>REALITY. I don't think any one of Jeff's employees faked the compassion they felt for Jeff's beloved pet (except maybe Jeff's boyfriend-I'm not too sure about him yet).
    Anyway, good episode - kind of made me reconsider my recently (this season) waning interest in this show.
    Prayers and good wishes to Jeff's cute dog!

+ Reply to Thread