+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Wow. Gage is so slimy ... He's gotten rid of Sarah (granted, with her help), he's gotten rid of Trace (he made mistakes, but Jeff should have given him a warning first), and he tried to get rid of Jett (then lied about it).

I cannot wait til he tries to mess with Zoila, she'll kick his butt out the door.

Trace saw the writing on the wall, and so did Jett. They all knew it was Gage. Here's hoping Jett excells at being an assistant/decorator or whatever he is now. I really like him and want him to stay.

Trace should have gotten a heads up warning, if his reviews were satisfactory before, which is what we were given to believe. And why is Gage always sitting in on the evaluations/firings ??? These should be done in a separate room away from anyone else.

Ugh, I cannot stand him, and I cannot stand Jeff around him.
    I find it very hard to believe that Jeff would fire anyone who was valuable to him or his business on the say-so of someone else.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

I wondered during the show if there was a bit of the Ryan factor going on in Jeff's confrontation with Trace. I.e. Ryan and Jeff had a falling out because Jeff felt that Ryan (alledgedly) was taking business exclusively for his (Ryan's) company when people were trying to find Jeff. The scene where Jeff was asking Trace to cc him on client e-mails just seemed more than just making sure he knew how many hours to bill a client (though there is that). Then he sees Trace working on a project that wasn't one of Jeff's clients. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    I wondered during the show if there was a bit of the Ryan factor going on in Jeff's confrontation with Trace. I.e. Ryan and Jeff had a falling out because Jeff felt that Ryan (alledgedly) was taking business exclusively for his (Ryan's) company when people were trying to find Jeff. The scene where Jeff was asking Trace to cc him on client e-mails just seemed more than just making sure he knew how many hours to bill a client (though there is that). Then he sees Trace working on a project that wasn't one of Jeff's clients. Hmm.
    Hmm, you make a good point AND after reading your post I wonder if Trace (with all his talent in design) would consider calling Ryan for a job!!!!!
    KAREN

It sounded like someone was going to be let go, that's why Jett knew that he was going. However, with Trace's firing it allowed Jett to move up. I'm happy for Jett, I hope it works for him. He's managed to do Jeff's peon work for so long that I do think he'll be able to be successful at this new aspect. He's used to Jeff's craziness.

Gage is not impressing me at all. He uses the guise of making sure Jeff's business is run well to get rid of people. Is he trying for more money? While I agreed that Sarah should have been let go a long time ago, or given a different job (which are not really available in that small office) it was not nice how it happened, Gage shouldn't be there. Trace called it right when he said 'this is how the conversation with Sarah started'. I think that's one reason he didn't fight more, he saw the writing on the wall. I think Jeff was thinking about firing him when the whole Vegas thing happened anyhow. Trace should have known that while Jeff said it wasn't mandatory, that it really was mandatory to show up. It's not like it was an early morning. They didn't have to be there until 11.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Jeff's requirements that you cc him copies of emails. I do that on afairly regular basis if I am working on an issue even though it isn't a policy here. I do it simply for him to know what the issue is & what steps I am taking so he can answer questions if I am out of the office.
    I seriously doubt Trace was trying to take business away from Jeff like Ryan did. If you are trying to steal clients from your employer the last thing you would do is use your work computer to do this.
    I think they just needed to cut costs and Trace & Sarah were liabilities Jeff could no longer afford. I am curious to know of Jett has any design experience.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

It seemed to me like it was Jeff's decision to fire Trace; not Gage's. Much as I don't like or trust Gage, I have less respect for Jeff.
    THe language he used when he fired Trace is a total wrong. I do understnd that Jeff had concerns about Trace's closet being on his work email. And, perhaps, as someone stated upthread, it was similar to the whole Ryan issue. Whatever. Jeff needs to learn to give respect and he will get respect from his employees. No one should rule through intimidation. And that is what Jeff does.
    I hope 1 of these fired employees takes Jeff to court. Jeff may be a small employer, but he needs to abide by the laws in existence in CA.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    It seemed to me like it was Jeff's decision to fire Trace; not Gage's. Much as I don't like or trust Gage, I have less respect for Jeff.
    THe language he used when he fired Trace is a total wrong. I do understnd that Jeff had concerns about Trace's closet being on his work email. And, perhaps, as someone stated upthread, it was similar to the whole Ryan issue. Whatever. Jeff needs to learn to give respect and he will get respect from his employees. No one should rule through intimidation. And that is what Jeff does.
    I hope 1 of these fired employees takes Jeff to court. Jeff may be a small employer, but he needs to abide by the laws in existence in CA.
    CA is an at-will work state. You can be fired for any reason or no reason basically in such a situation except if you fired specifically because you are a protected class but the burden of proof falls on the fired employee to prove that was the reason behind the firing.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    CA is an at-will work state. You can be fired for any reason or no reason basically in such a situation except if you fired specifically because you are a protected class but the burden of proof falls on the fired employee to prove that was the reason behind the firing.
    Unfortuantely, Texas is like this too. And because of it, I feel many employers ~ both large & small ~ abuse their power. Speaking from experience
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Yes, CA is at will, but you still need documentation, etc. and what Jeff did, language he used, etc. would not stand up in court, ever.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Yes, CA is at will, but you still need documentation, etc. and what Jeff did, language he used, etc. would not stand up in court, ever.
    All Jeff has to say is that he fired him. He doesn't have to give a reason. If he went to court unless it could be proven that it was a hostile work environment which revolves solely around protected classes and he was being discriminated against or fired due to being of a protected class there is absolutely nothing that would be able to be brought to court. Your employer can treat you horribly, bully you, etc. and so long as it's not due to being a protected class there is absolutely nothing that the court system can or will do pertaining to the job.

+ Reply to Thread