+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

I was watching QVC last night (sometimes I do it just for the noise) but I stuck on it because Chaz (the salon owner from this show) was on there selling his hair products. If I hadn't known him from this show I may have actually considered buying one of the products to try but I couldn't get past his personality on this show. He seems kind of micro managing on QVC too.

Personally I would hire someone to do the remodeling so I don't have to do the decision making aside from the big stuff. I've been involved remodeling one too many fixer uppers over the years that I'm over having to choose stuff like drawer pulls and tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I was watching QVC last night (sometimes I do it just for the noise) but I stuck on it because Chaz (the salon owner from this show) was on there selling his hair products. If I hadn't known him from this show I may have actually considered buying one of the products to try but I couldn't get past his personality on this show. He seems kind of micro managing on QVC too.

Personally I would hire someone to do the remodeling so I don't have to do the decision making aside from the big stuff. I've been involved remodeling one too many fixer uppers over the years that I'm over having to choose stuff like drawer pulls and tiles.
    I knew that Chaz sells his products on QVC and when I saw him on Flipping Out, I wondered why he would tarnish his reputation like that because he comes off badly on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I knew that Chaz sells his products on QVC and when I saw him on Flipping Out, I wondered why he would tarnish his reputation like that because he comes off badly on this show.
    I totally would have given it serious consideration because the idea intrigued me behind one of his products. But seeing his personality on QVC and then comparing it to his personality on this show forget it. He's on again tonight I think too... But it's just too much self importance for me to really want to give him money.

Wow. Gage is so slimy ... He's gotten rid of Sarah (granted, with her help), he's gotten rid of Trace (he made mistakes, but Jeff should have given him a warning first), and he tried to get rid of Jett (then lied about it).

I cannot wait til he tries to mess with Zoila, she'll kick his butt out the door.

Trace saw the writing on the wall, and so did Jett. They all knew it was Gage. Here's hoping Jett excells at being an assistant/decorator or whatever he is now. I really like him and want him to stay.

Trace should have gotten a heads up warning, if his reviews were satisfactory before, which is what we were given to believe. And why is Gage always sitting in on the evaluations/firings ??? These should be done in a separate room away from anyone else.

Ugh, I cannot stand him, and I cannot stand Jeff around him.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular

OMG, I was thinking the same thing! What exactly is Gage's job for Jeff Lewis designs? I wonder if Gage put Jeff up to the firings. Trace should have seen the first season or second when Jeff was snooping through his employees computers. I can't help but wonder if Jeff needed to let them go because he couldn't afford them and rather than just let them go he needed an excuse. If he can fire them and show he fired them with cause then Jeff doesn't have to pay unemployment if Sarah and Trace apply for unemployment.

FORT Fan

Since Trace didn't take any responsibility for doing an extensive personal project on his work computer, I think that it is reasonable that Trace was let go. His statement that "I need time to collect my thoughts, you had prepared for this meeting" would have irked me too. Collect your thoughts for what? You got caught doing something wrong, just take responsibility for it. My impression was that Trace, as was Sarah, was probably ready to move on.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I believe that Gage "just found it" on Trace's computer. I can see him snooping around trying to find something.

Boy, that Gage is something else, isn't he? I have really grown to dislike him. Does he expect that the business should just be him & Jeff? Do.not.like!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    Chaz probably did Flipping Out to add to his customer base. Hasn't he been on the show for 3 seasons? All I can say is I tried Wen because of his being on Flipping Out. The first week or so this stuff worked great but after that I guess my hard water did not agree with Wen at all. My hair felt like it was lacqured on. Professional salons wouldn't touch my hair for fear that my hair would break off. I went back to Tresseme & after a week of washing my hair several times a day I finally got my hair back minus all of my color.

I am sorry but Gage is a rat. It appears that he is trying to isolate Jeff from everyone who knows the real Jeff Lewis. He reminds me so much of Ryan Brown minus the talent. Zoilia & Jenni better watch their backs.

On a side not; I do personal work at work too. By the end of the day all of my work is finished so what is the big deal? I took advantage of our software to design my kitchen & bath. Of course I did buy the cabinets from us but why not since I get it at cost.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fan

If a company is fine with you doing personal projects on your work computer then no problem. Jeff doesn't allow it and Trace isn't the first person let go because of it. Jeff's company, Jeff's rules. At least on this point he is consistent.

I agree with Trace, he was blindsided about the discussion while Jeff had time to gather his thoughts. Plus, Jeff had his little snake hissing in his ear the whole time. With time, Trace may have come to realize he owes an apology and promise that lesson learned and work habits will return to ocd superior.

However, knowing that the boss' partner is the one whispering FIRE! constantly could make one take the position that it's hopeless to fight and just give up.

I will never understand why Jeff all of a sudden needs his little buddy beside him when doing "employee reviews".

For the record, if I were Jett I'd be out scouring for a new job so that when the inevitable happens and Gage succeeds at getting rid of Jeff's circle, he could counter with "Oh, cool, 'cause I start at ??? next Monday. Gage gave me a heads up."
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread