+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Jeff talked about his OCD issues in the interview I listened to on the radio too and mentioned that his OCD got worse when he was living in the houses he was flipping because to be ready for show everything had to be in place. I got the feeling from the interview and the show that his OCD is more about organized/lack of clutter/dust and debris versus dirt and germs sort of OCD. I've got an issue with OCD and things being in their place/organized and lack of clutter. However, my cats go on the counter and they eat on the table (I don't typically use the table for myself). Germs are not my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I agree that Jeff has a very admirable work ethic but I believe he is wrong in allowing himself to vent without any filter on his employees. We are in control of what we say or don't say to others and Jeff feels he doesn't have to have any tact whatsoever in how he expresses his displeasure in his employees' inappropriate behavior. He takes his disapproval to the point of completely humiliating his employees.
    He is a mess of contraditory behavior.
    We are absolutely responsible for what comes out of own mouths. It is a point I make with regard to real life situations quite often. My caveat for that however, which I’d hoped I made clear, is that I find quite a bit of reality television highly staged and therefore not truly representative or authentic – and in applying that specifically to Jeff Lewis, I don’t believe his true flip outs to be nearly as outrageous as his camera ready flip outs. I also see the overt behavioral contradictions as strong indicators of there being a level of inauthenticity at play.

Anyone else’s mileage may vary with regard to a take on what is authentic versus inauthentic, but – in taking those divergent roads – it then becomes an apples versus oranges discussion when trying to equate and assign value to things being seen through two entirely different lenses.

So it seems like you’re holding apples, DL, and I have oranges, but I’m more than happy to sit beside you and have an alternate piece of fruit while we look through our divergent paradigms.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    So it seems like you’re holding apples, DL, and I have oranges, but I’m more than happy to sit beside you and have an alternate piece of fruit while we look through our divergent paradigms.
    And I agree.
    I often forget that I'm watching a somewhat "staged/scripted" show and look at it for what it appears to be. I just get puzzled when things appear so contrary.

I have to admit, I almost cried when Jeff looked so worried after Zoila's surgery. Even if he is an ass, he loves her very much!
    Yup, with donuts!!

The scene with Jeff & Chaz deciding where to locate the cabinet hardware...priceless. I can now see how it took almost 3 years to finish up his job. It takes him way too long to make a decision especially if he has to be the one to choose everything. That though is my everyday life. People get bogged down by the tiny details & not see the BIG picture.
    I just remodeled my kitchen & I wish I would have seen this episode first. For the life of me I never thought about doing my pulls horizionally. It would have looked great in my kitchen.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I thought it was a bad move to have the bachelorette party the night before the speaking engagement. Why not do that night afterwards ? And don't tell your employees that attending your speech is optional & then get pissed when they don't show up. I had a boss like that ~ he'd say something was optional & then you'd get chastised for not doing it.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

And....I've never heard of having a "bachlorette" party at a strip club that features women strippers, unless you are a "gay" bachlorette. Very strange...

Can't wait to see how Zoila looks

Did anyone see Jeff on CONAN last night? It was hysterical! Conan was shocked as Jeff spoke of the goings on with his staff and his business. Jeff said Zoila looks amazing! He said he spent $30,000.00 on the surgery for her. YIKES!
    Anyway, if anyone can catch it on HULU or YouTube, it really was so funny. Jeff was so entertaining!
    KAREN

not that strange, i've been to several . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    And....I've never heard of having a "bachlorette" party at a strip club that features women strippers, unless you are a "gay" bachlorette. Very strange...

+ Reply to Thread