+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just don't like Jeff. In my eyes, he does not have one redeeming quality and all of his bad stuff far outweighs his good. I can't stand him. I think I now only watch for Zoila and Jenny, even though she's not around much.

I love how Zoila stands up for herself. How dare Jeff get mad at her for being late when she is driving an hour away to clean his grandmother's house. The nerve of that asshole!
    I'm not a big fan of his, either, but it does seem he's softening up a tad this season.

I was glad that Zoila stood up to him, too, esp. considering the circumstances - she was at his Mom's!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I watch Jeff specifically because I find a palpable work ethic a highly, highly, highly redeemable quality in an increasingly sit on your arse society. I also find a reality show ‘star’ who actually has real world accomplishments and goals -- contrasted with those that seek to make a name for themselves and then slap that name on a bunch of products they know absolutely nothing about just to make a quick buck -- a redeeming quality. And when I look at Jenny and Zoila, I see what I feel is a mutually caring relationship between them and Jeff -- beneath drama, faux and otherwise. And I see Zoila stand up to Jeff quite often as an intrinsic part of their sarcastic give and take under which I see genuine affection.

What obscures all of that, of course, is the garbage Bravo increasingly sells which is over the top conflict. I don’t buy most of it, but that’s the brand Bravo has built (with the possible exception of Top Chef). Bravo sells divisiveness like nobody’s business but their own. Bravo sells misogyny over and over and over and over on those endless Housewives shows and Bravo sells Big Bad Jeff Lewis. If I only saw Big, Bad Jeff Lewis -- as cast and scripted by Bravo -- I think I would turn the channel. Life is too short as far as I’m concerned to be consumed with dislike in my highly limited free time. I look beneath that, however, and see someone incredibly hard working and highly intelligent who appears to be in therapy to deal with his type A, perfectionist challenges and to move past interpersonal issues stemming from a somewhat fractured childhood. Bravo, however, has no interest in underscoring that flawed but genuinely fascinating real person and, instead, amps up the faux dramatic conflicts. Bravo creates caricatures and then wants its audience to smack those caricatures like piñatas. And while Bravo appears to be highly successful at it, I’m far more critical of them than their caricatures.
    just1paul likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Am I the only one watching this show? It has to be one of my favs. I just love Zoila's new look after the skin treatments and botox. She was such a scream about the sick cat possibly eating her mole. I cracked up when she said that. Not liking Gage at all. I don't see them lasting very long. He comes accross as devious to me. While Jeff can be over the top at times we still see the softer side of him. With Gage it just seems like evil through and through.

I was hoping Gage would be temporary because I can't stand him, but I think they've been together for awhile now. He comes off as manipulative and skeevy to me.

Did Chaz just now decide to tell Jeff, "Oh, btw, we have a deadline on this last project." I cannot imagine that if it were that important he'd leave it to the last minute, unless it was for added effect for the cameras. I LOVED when Jeff was talking about rescheduling because Chaz was doing his employee evaluations ... then it dawned on him that HE was also an employee and would be subjected to it. Not so comfy being on the other side ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

LOL! I loved how Jeff handled the "evaluation" too. I think Chaz is as ODC as Jeff is.

By the way..... What is up with Gage's teeth? They pratically glow!

Zoila is a trip. She is so quick-witted and I love it. I couldn't stop laughing about the mole jokes.

I only watched part of the show from this week but have the rest on DVR. I saw the part with Chaz picking Jenny’s hair clips out and some scenes after that but I was doing a few things at once. It sounds like they didn’t play up too much drama this episode so that’s incredibly refreshing.

And, yep, I also get an opportunistic vibe from Gage which I wish was editing but is probably more likely something that a lot of us are intuiting.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I was listening to an interview with Jeff on the radio the other morning and he said he and Gage were dating last season just not on camera. The way he talked about Gage he seemed much more normal in real life than we see in the business part of what we're shown on TV.

I am probably the only person in the world who doesn't like Zoila...probably comes from some reminder of someone in my past who bothered me because I can't figure it out.
    I agree that Jeff has a very admirable work ethic but I believe he is wrong in allowing himself to vent without any filter on his employees. We are in control of what we say or don't say to others and Jeff feels he doesn't have to have any tact whatsoever in how he expresses his displeasure in his employees' inappropriate behavior. He takes his disapproval to the point of completely humiliating his employees.
    He is a mess of contraditory behavior. I sure can't figure out how he's so anal about cleanliness and yet those cats are lying around on kitchen counters, in the sinks, etc. In many ways, he appears to love his employees and considers them "family" and yet, totally annihilates them when he dislikes their behavior.

. I sure can't figure out how he's so anal about cleanliness and yet those cats are lying around on kitchen counters, in the sinks, etc. In many ways, he appears to love his employees and considers them "family" and yet, totally annihilates them when he dislikes their behavior.[/QUOTE]

The cat's probably get bathed daily. I still wouldn't allow them on the counter. My poor little cat is too old to jump up on them now. She can barely make it on the coffee table.

I agree that he need a "filter" sometime but It seems that he's not quite as bad about that as he used to be.

+ Reply to Thread