+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;3085072;
    Everyone on the show has signed a release to be filmed... so obviously it's not a legal problem for Jeff (in this instance).

But as far as videotaping others and that individual's "Right to Privacy"...

We do not have the RTP while in public (exception-public restrooms of course) or in someone else's house (the common/public areas).
    So, Jeff can film whatever he wants in his house...
    RTP ???
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

RTP = Right to privacy (took me a bit to figure it out too!)

Over in England, they actually have cameras set up on street corners, all over the place, to keep track of people loitering, etc. Talk about big brother!

I probably wouldn't work for Jeff because there would be personality conflicts. But at the same time again he's paying them to do what ever petty little work he wants done and if they're screwing around on his dollar I'd be annoyed too as an employer.

ETA: Yes they should get a break and have fun if work is done but if work is done 2 hours in there's no reason to pay them for 8 for example.

they might be on salary, not hourly. I don't recall seeing any details of their employment agreements with him, and since he clearly expects to be waited on hand and foot at a moments notice, I honestly think Jeff expects them, to stand in the corner at the ready waiting for their master's voice. No chatting! No doing anything not expressly sanctioned by me!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3085538;
    RTP = Right to privacy (took me a bit to figure it out too!)

Over in England, they actually have cameras set up on street corners, all over the place, to keep track of people loitering, etc. Talk about big brother!
    We have that here in Chicago too. Cameras on corners to capture drug deals, etc. Plus many stores like Target, K-Mart, and the grocery chains have cameras in their parking lots to help deter crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3085103;
    If we start thinking it's okay for people (government, employers, etc.,) to start videotaping us without our knowledge, we might as well start saying, "Sig Heil," and be done with it. Is he going to start monitor the length of their bathroom visits?

I would not sit down for a cup of coffee with Jeff Lewis, much less work for or with him. Nor would I hire him, although I grant that he has extraordinary talent.

He tells his assistant that she's not a team player because she wants pepperoni on her pizza? I'd have had a good deal to say in answer to that one.
    But we HAVE already given up rights. Bush, thru presidential decree and support from the congress has made it legal to spy on the phone or internet conversations of ALL Americans with getting their permission. But then Bush has cost us a lot as a nation in his 8 years in power.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3086749;
    But we HAVE already given up rights. Bush, thru presidential decree and support from the congress has made it legal to spy on the phone or internet conversations of ALL Americans with getting their permission. But then Bush has cost us a lot as a nation in his 8 years in power.
    Amen Brother!
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3;3086563;
    they might be on salary, not hourly. I don't recall seeing any details of their employment agreements with him, and since he clearly expects to be waited on hand and foot at a moments notice, I honestly think Jeff expects them, to stand in the corner at the ready waiting for their master's voice. No chatting! No doing anything not expressly sanctioned by me!
    And they knew that when they started working for him as well. If I take a job where I'm getting paid to wait then I wait and don't jack around. I'm not getting paid to goof off on someone else's dollar. Neither are they.

I Like this show even though Jeff is a little much at times. The Portrait of Zoila was Putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3086749;
    I know we have and that is appalling. I totally agree with you. As Benjamin Frankling said,

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread