+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Hey thanks for the update DragonLady. He actually did really well in today's market to get that much. Maybe someone bought it just because of seeing it on the show. Actually now that I think about it, the house being featured on the show may have been a negative, ie., how Monkey liked to poop in the tub!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Hey thanks for the update DragonLady. He actually did really well in today's market to get that much. Maybe someone bought it just because of seeing it on the show. Actually now that I think about it, the house being featured on the show may have been a negative, ie., how Monkey liked to poop in the tub!
    Yes, and don't forget all the cats on top of the kitchen counters. Yuck. I love cats. I have always had cats, along with my dogs but my cats will never, ever get on a kitchen counter in my house. I find that so surprising, given how anal Jeff is about every little type of dirt.

I'm finding it real hard to believe that place sold for $2.5 out here.

I don't care for Gage at all.
    Don't like his personality or his frightening looks. Sorry, but his face really scared me.
    Don't like his treatment of Sarah, either, or his passive / aggressive stance with Jeff regarding getting him on that show.
    But, after the way I felt Jeff treated Ryan, maybe this is poetic justice.
    mom2 and Cornholio like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ryan rode Jeff’s coattails for years, both in the house flipping business and onto the Bravo show. And when Jeff needed to rely more heavily upon his own exquisite design ability, Ryan apparently misdirected clients rather than sharing them with Jeff. If that was a misunderstanding, Ryan did nothing to adequately convey that to Jeff and it was his responsibility to effectively do so – particularly given the above history. Absent that conflict, Jeff probably would have let Ryan ride his coattails indefinitely but, now, Ryan is on his own -- which is probably where he should have been all along. And I find that perfectly acceptable justice, although considerably delayed.

And the fact that Jeff’s chosen someone in Gage - who appears potentially opportunistic - demonstrates what is likely a self-sabotaging behavioral pattern rather than an ironic anomaly. Jeff exhibits a classic workaholic tendency of wanting to combine his work and personal life and that leaves him fairly vulnerable, especially given his success. Hopefully it will work out for Jeff with Gage on both fronts but I don’t get the best vibe from Gage, either. Jenny did say she introduced them, though, and I’d be interested to know how long she’s known Gage and how she met him. I’ve mentioned this before, but I’d love to see Jeff with a guy like Chaz Dean who has his own independent success and has much more of a laid back, Zen personality which would balance Jeff. If not Gage or Chaz, though, I hope Jeff finds Mr. Right sooner rather than later because I think Jeff will find more fulfillment than he realizes once he settles down and has a family.
    djm129 likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I love how Jeff told Zoila after he blew the hell up at her that he wanted to her to live with him forever, "as sick as it sounds"! He does love her, he just has no idea how to handle stuff.
    Yup, with donuts!!

It seems like ever since Gage joined the party, Sara has gotten picked on more and more. Really can't stand the guy.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I don't care for Gage at all.
    Don't like his personality
    Gage has a "personality?" where is it because I haven't seen it. I don't like him either.
    But I would like to see Jeff, happy and in love with a family. I think it would mellow him out a lot and is what he really wants.

As for Sarah, I'm conflicted. He does pick on her a lot but she does continue to be late, forget important things. I actually think Jeff is giving her more of a chance than he would someone he wasn't related to. Bad mistake to hire family because of this very thing.

Ryan has his own show on TLC but I won't watch it after he stabbed Jeff in the back. I am with y'all on the animals on the countertops. I have 4 cats & I can see paw prints on my countertops when I get home from work. I had them pretty well trainned to not even go near my kitchen but since I have recently renovated my kitchen I guess there are too many new sights & smells to resist. The spray water bottle is now being used again.
    The Valley Oaks home was beautiful & I can see someone paying 2.5 million to buy it. Unfortunately there are people who are crazy enough to overspend on a home because it was featured on TV or a celebrity once lived in the home.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I do watch Ryan's show on TLC and it's pretty good. I feel like when Ryan and Jeff were a couple, Jeff admitted to cheating. What's the best way to get back at Jeff?? MONEY. Doesn't make either one of them right, but it's human to hit someone where they hurt the most.

There is no way I could work for Jeff, with his bizarre thought processes as to what's appropriate and what's not. She does make many mistakes (at least according to what they show. We don't know if they're picking on her or if they're being generous) but for the new guy to suggest she goes while KNOWING what it'll do to Jeff's relationship with his family ... hmmm.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm sorry, but I just don't like Jeff. In my eyes, he does not have one redeeming quality and all of his bad stuff far outweighs his good. I can't stand him. I think I now only watch for Zoila and Jenny, even though she's not around much.

I love how Zoila stands up for herself. How dare Jeff get mad at her for being late when she is driving an hour away to clean his grandmother's house. The nerve of that asshole!
    mom2 and norealityhere like this.

+ Reply to Thread