+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

I guess I see something different in Jeff. I agree that he shouldn't yell at his employees the way he does but I think there is another side of him that we get only an ocassional glimpse of on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4073153;
    So true!!
    What really puzzles me is that as anal as Jeff is about cleanliness, I see that his cat is allowed on the kitchen counters. That just doesn't make sense to me. I'm definitely not as clean as Jeff, for sure, but my cat is never allowed on a kitchen counter or a table. What if they have just used the litter box????? Stuff could still be on their paws.
    I'd rather have dusty lampshades than that.
    I don't ever see them USE the kitchen. Has anyone seen Jeff or Zoila or Jet make anything other than drinks in the kitchen? Oh wait, one time Zoila made a pizza in the microwave for Jeff. NOW not that that means the cat should be allowed on the counters, no way ... but its just so interesting to me that Jeff wants that kitchen immaculate yet it never gets used as a kitchen should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4073334;
    I guess I see something different in Jeff. I agree that he shouldn't yell at his employees the way he does but I think there is another side of him that we get only an ocassional glimpse of on the show.
    Well I watch the show all the time, what exactly is this OTHER SIDE you are talking about that Jeff has ... ?
    KAREN

i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4073334;

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4073153;
    So true!!
    What really puzzles me is that as anal as Jeff is about cleanliness, I see that his cat is allowed on the kitchen counters. That just doesn't make sense to me. I'm definitely not as clean as Jeff, for sure, but my cat is never allowed on a kitchen counter or a table. What if they have just used the litter box????? Stuff could still be on their paws.
    I'd rather have dusty lampshades than that.
    I agree!!! I had my cat for 18 years (just had to put her to sleep in April ) and she never, ever was allowed up on the kitchen counters. That's so gross to me. I trained her NOT to go up there. My cat looked very similar to Jeff's...she was a Himilayan Persian. Let me tell you...she shed like crazy (which surprises me that Jeff would even have a cat like that) and she would get kitty litter stuck on her paws and you can imagine where else, which is hard to stop from happening with all that long hair. So yes...everytime I see him with that cat on the counters in the kitchen, I almost fall off my chair knowing how OCD he is about cleanliness! I'm not OCD about cleanliness and it bothered me having cat hair all over everything. So much so that I am still trying to decide if I want another kitty or not....I am so over all that hair everywhere. And they never mention the cat hair that gets on your clothes....that in itself was so difficult to deal with...especially on dark clothes with a white cat. I'm surprised Jeff never complains about that. My cat was also white and her hair was very evident on ALL my darker clothes! But then again....I don't have a Zola!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4073370;
    I don't ever see them USE the kitchen. Has anyone seen Jeff or Zoila or Jet make anything other than drinks in the kitchen? Oh wait, one time Zoila made a pizza in the microwave for Jeff. NOW not that that means the cat should be allowed on the counters, no way ... but its just so interesting to me that Jeff wants that kitchen immaculate yet it never gets used as a kitchen should be.

I understand what you're saying here but it seems like whether or not you use a kitchen is not important. I have relatives that re-did their kitchen and just had to have a Wolfe range and Sub-zero refrigerator. When we re-modeled our kitchen, I just couldn't justify the expense of these appliances, even though I love to cook and do so all the time.
    Cats do not belong in the kitchen for many, many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4073370;

Well I watch the show all the time, what exactly is this OTHER SIDE you are talking about that Jeff has ... ?
    Editing probably takes out the kitchen times-as well as other personal things, after all this is a show about his business.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4073563;
    I agree!!! I had my cat for 18 years (just had to put her to sleep in April ) and she never, ever was allowed up on the kitchen counters. That's so gross to me. I trained her NOT to go up there. My cat looked very similar to Jeff's...she was a Himilayan Persian. Let me tell you...she shed like crazy (which surprises me that Jeff would even have a cat like that) and she would get kitty litter stuck on her paws and you can imagine where else, which is hard to stop from happening with all that long hair. So yes...everytime I see him with that cat on the counters in the kitchen, I almost fall off my chair knowing how OCD he is about cleanliness! I'm not OCD about cleanliness and it bothered me having cat hair all over everything. So much so that I am still trying to decide if I want another kitty or not....I am so over all that hair everywhere. And they never mention the cat hair that gets on your clothes....that in itself was so difficult to deal with...especially on dark clothes with a white cat. I'm surprised Jeff never complains about that. My cat was also white and her hair was very evident on ALL my darker clothes! But then again....I don't have a Zola!
    I could be wrong about this, but it looks like Jeff has his cat shaved down (therefore, not much hair/shedding).
    Although that is no excuse for allowing a pet to walk on your kitchen counters, it does indicate that there is much less to be concerned about as far as litter stuck to the hair on the paws, and just animal hair in general.
    And my sincere sympathies to you Holly, on the loss of your cat

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4075093;
    I could be wrong about this, but it looks like Jeff has his cat shaved down (therefore, not much hair/shedding).
    Although that is no excuse for allowing a pet to walk on your kitchen counters, it does indicate that there is much less to be concerned about as far as litter stuck to the hair on the paws, and just animal hair in general.
    And my sincere sympathies to you Holly, on the loss of your cat
    I just watched the last couple shows (DVR'd) today and there was the cat, on the kitchen counter, with Jeff and Zoila right there. The cat was very furry (long haired) and had two bowls in front of him/her, one for water and one for food. Watching Jeff get all upset about a little dust under the staircase and then seeing where the cat is fed just totally confuses me.
    (sorry about your dear cat, Holly. It's so hard to lose these animal family members.)

I think the cat bowls are on the counter to most likely keep the dogs out of it. I too keep the cat's food up high so the dog won't eat it but never on the kitchen counter. We have a lovely bench in the laundry room for her food. My cat is not allowed on the kitchen counters even though she pretends she doesn't know that sometimes.

Oh Holly I am so sorry about your cat. We've been "adopted" by a new kitten again. She was found shivering on the side of the road & of course had to be brought to me. I am such a sucker for those sweet faces. Just got back from the vet;s with her. She is about 8 weeks old and barely weighs a pound. Did I mention that she has fleas??? Am happy I kept her quarantined in my son's room but now he has to wash all of the bedding in his bedroom.
    It does seem odd that Jeff allows the cat to walk on his countertops. My cats know better that to even go near my kitchen although part of me believes thay have some kick-butt parties here whan I am at work!

+ Reply to Thread