+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Jeff is very annoying but I don't hate him. I should but I don't because there's something about him that tells me he isn't really mean deep down inside. He's fraught with obsessions and walks a fine line with sanity/normalcy but I don't see a mean person.

He has this "little dictator" mentality where he's the big fish in the little pond and enjoys this position enourmously. As to the people who work for him, I can't feel sorry for them. If they don't like it, they can always get another job. Obviously, it doesn't bother them that much. There is no way I would tolerate a boss making me wear a plastic coverall when I've "misbehaved" or any other parental punishment he deems ok for his bad little employees.

Still, I see him as a insecure little boy who's very, very good at what he does. He's a genius at his work and his standards of excellent customer service/respect. He just assumes everyone else can meet those same standards and few people are as much the perfectionist that he is.

Do you think those puffy lips of his are natural? I can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4061102;
    Jeff is very annoying but I don't hate him. I should but I don't because there's something about him that tells me he isn't really mean deep down inside. He's fraught with obsessions and walks a fine line with sanity/normalcy but I don't see a mean person.

He has this "little dictator" mentality where he's the big fish in the little pond and enjoys this position enourmously. As to the people who work for him, I can't feel sorry for them. If they don't like it, they can always get another job. Obviously, it doesn't bother them that much. There is no way I would tolerate a boss making me wear a plastic coverall when I've "misbehaved" or any other parental punishment he deems ok for his bad little employees.

Still, I see him as a insecure little boy who's very, very good at what he does. He's a genius at his work and his standards of excellent customer service/respect. He just assumes everyone else can meet those same standards and few people are as much the perfectionist that he is.

Do you think those puffy lips of his are natural? I can't tell.

About as natural as Lisa Rinna's lips have become through the years.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Creative people can be a bit strange. My son is a graphic artist & he sees the world entirely different from me. Where I see just a plain tree he sees different textures & designs. He does tend to get frustrated when I don't see what he sees.

I work in kind of the same industry as Jeff does & I can understand why he dropped the older couple & gave them to Chris. We call clients like that our "handholders" & they do tend to require twice the time of regular customers.

An asides to Kraftmaid Cabinetry - thanks alot!...NOT!

I rarely watch daytime tv and happened upon the TODAY SHOW in July and there is JEFF LEWIS. He was unveiling his 2010 KITCHEN OF THE YEAR for HOUSE BEAUTIFUL.

I added the video for you all to see.

Home Cleaning, Organizing, Decor & Design Videos – MSN Lifestyle
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

I believe maybe a year ago, Jeff admitted he did have some work done on his lips several years ago but nothing since then. I find them very distracting.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4056503;
    I don't think that Jeff is as bad as some say. I ,totally, get his sense of humor and I assume that his employees do to. A baby (especially one being adopted) could do much worse than getting Jeff Lewis as a father. First of all the fact that he's such and animal lover says a lot to me. We all saw how much he loved Chloe and that he would do anything for her. He lets the one employee bring his baby to work and has seemed to enjoy the children of his clients. I see Jeff as being very loving but he just shows it differently. Any child of his would have a wonderful house filled with people who truly care about both of them. Jeff at lease understands his OCD and admits to his shortcomings and this is so much better than someone who can't see their problems or faults. I think that he would be great and who knows, maybe being a father might soften him a little. I saw him being interviewed and he said that he is in a relationship right now so maybe his partner is interested in adopting too.
    I agree completely. We've seen also that his demanding demeanor with his employees does not transfer to his clients, so we know he's not that way all the time.

I thought he was really adorable when he held the client's baby. I think you can see that he likes babies and does have a softer side to him.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4063219;
    I believe maybe a year ago, Jeff admitted he did have some work done on his lips several years ago but nothing since then. I find them very distracting.
    I did some Google research and found this interview with Wendy Williams online and when she asked if those were his own lips, he said that 10 years ago, he got a permanent injection in them. It was at a time when he was feeling really insecure, having just broken up with someone who cheated on him a gazillion times. He also admitted to using Botox.

Yikes! I'd be very hesitant to do something "permanent" to my features.
    Personally, I think it looks very strange. Big lips do not necessarily make them attractive. No wonder they look unnatural. Otherwise he's a good looking man. I love, love how he dresses. He always looks so sharp, clean and professional.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 09-20-2010 at 02:50 AM.

I'm really enjoying this show this season. We seem to be seeing a much softer side of Jeff. I think it would be great if he adopted a baby. I can see him being a really good dad. Jenni seems to be taking less crap from him now and is standing up to him. Sarah's a riot! Love, love, love Zoila.

I hate that they seem to be phasing Jenni out with Sarah taking her place. They said Jenni is part time now, and Sarah is supposed to be groomed to take her place. Family first, I guess. Will we ever see Jenni's new man??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Agreed. I wasn't happy at first about Jenni being only part-time. But Sarah has definitely grown on me. She's got that ditzyness about her but deep down I think she's has some smarts about her too.
    Trace and Jett seem dull to me. Wish they would replace those two with some people with personality.

+ Reply to Thread