+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3082667;
    Jeff seems really different/defeated this year in a ways. Which might be editing and might be his own personal reality too. I don't know.

But last season I had a really hard time liking him and this year when I see the show (which isn't consistently because I don't have cable) I don't mind him. When it comes to his houses and his job I don't blame him for having OCD. I've owned a business and watched people screw up various aspects of it and it's like you want to scream, "This is my name, my money and my business on the line and I want it to be right." And then everyone looks at you like you're crazy.
    Yes, He does seem different. Maybe he's on meds now after watching himself last season. He's much more likable and seems to have a better sense of humor than before.

FORT Newbie

I think Jeff comes across as more relaxed this season.
    He still has his OCD tendencies, but he's more aware of how he comes across to others and seems to be working on being a little softer, more understanding if that's possible. The people he surrounds himself with are really there for him for the most part. Sure, they may roll their eyes once or twice, but they have figured out how to work with him and have become a more effective team. There seems to be a higher level of happiness.
    I like the whole bunch of them.

[QUOTE=Harvest;3081878;]
    If they are hanging it at Jeff's house, how is that a present for Zoila anyway? He said he might have portraits of other housekeepers painted in the future, which implied he felt an ownership over the portrait and planned to keep it, which means he never "gave" it to Zoila anyway
    I watched this episode for the third time last night (still very funny) and noticed that it sounded like Jeff had the portrait painted for himself. I came here to see if anyone else had noticed and here it was! Couldn't have said it better! I'm sure that Jeff had some kind of bonus for Zoila in addition to the painting (or at least I like to tell myself that). I felt more sorry for the artist than Zoila. She was standing there while they mad fun of her work! Zoila seemed to know that it wasn't her real birthday gift.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3078038;
    I can't remember the last time that I laughed as hard as I did tonight! This show was so funny. I wasn't really into "Flipping Out" last season but I am so hooked after this one. Did Ryan have a little work done? Something is different and it's not just the hair. More make up? Colored eyebrows? Eye lift ? You tell me.
    He's been BOTOXED within an inch of his life and had a very bad eybrow waxing.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3082985;
    From the previews, it seems he's buying a surveillance system to keep an eye on his employees while he's gone. When I found out about it, I'd walk. Unless he thinks someone is doing something illegal, that's way over the line.
    But mothers use Nanny Cams all the time. That's why it can't be illegal. I'm sure that the "nannies" don't know they are being taped. I see nothing wrong with that. If you are doing your job, then it shouldn't bother you that you are being taped (unless the cam is put in the Lav, that is.) Any store with security cams also tape the employees doing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3084814;
    But mothers use Nanny Cams all the time. That's why it can't be illegal. I'm sure that the "nannies" don't know they are being taped. I see nothing wrong with that. If you are doing your job, then it shouldn't bother you that you are being taped (unless the cam is put in the Lav, that is.) Any store with security cams also tape the employees doing their jobs.
    Laws vary state-by-state. What state he is in?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3084814;
    That's different to me because children are involved.

At stores with employee cams, isn't there a break area that they can relax in? (I'm thinking of my days at TG&Y!) NannyCams or suspicions of illegal activity are the only reasons I could see to use spycams. I may be naive about this, but that's my opinion.
    Last edited by mom2; 06-27-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Everyone on the show has signed a release to be filmed... so obviously it's not a legal problem for Jeff (in this instance).

But as far as videotaping others and that individual's "Right to Privacy"...

We do not have the RTP while in public (exception-public restrooms of course) or in someone else's house (the common/public areas).
    So, Jeff can film whatever he wants in his house...
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

If we start thinking it's okay for people (government, employers, etc.,) to start videotaping us without our knowledge, we might as well start saying, "Sig Heil," and be done with it. Is he going to start monitor the length of their bathroom visits?

I would not sit down for a cup of coffee with Jeff Lewis, much less work for or with him. Nor would I hire him, although I grant that he has extraordinary talent.

He tells his assistant that she's not a team player because she wants pepperoni on her pizza? I'd have had a good deal to say in answer to that one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I don't disagree with anyone that people should not be taped without their knowledge... but I was answering that people are being taped (legally) without knowledge and consent, almost constantly.

I spy: Cameras pop up all over county

Excerpts...
    "It seems everywhere you look, the unflinching eye of a camera is staring back at you.
    To some, the increased use of surveillance video technology by governments, businesses and even Average Joes brings peace of mind. Crooks, bandits and red-light violators can be tracked down and prosecuted. Homes, workplaces and property may be safer from sticky-fingered thieves. But critics are alarmed at the emergence of a Big Brother society, and others say the proliferation of cameras just plain gives them the creeps.

... Most people living in a city can expect to be recorded up to 10 times a day when they venture outside their door by cameras in convenience stores, ATMs, street corners and highways, Smith said. Suburban dwellers are probably on film less often, from three to five times per day, he said.

“You’re recorded a lot. And you’ll be getting recorded more and more and more, so if you’re a bad guy you really should be concerned,” Smith said.
    In England and Taiwan, laws have been enacted to protect privacy and limit how surveillance technology can be used. Manufacturers in the United States, however, can only recommend that businesses and governments using surveillance equipment abide by certain guidelines.

... Now the camera is like an extra set of eyes and ears, or an extra police officer stationed on every corner. One person monitoring dozens of cameras can dispatch police officers to handle crimes while they are in progress. Such is the case in London, where there is the highest concentration of cameras of any major city in the world.

Neiman said the use of cameras as a law enforcement tool is an issue that lacks substantial legal precedent in the United States.

... Just how much surveillance will play a role in securing our future society remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain. The controversy shows no signs of dying down."

Now I'm not saying public filming is right... but I personally am more than will to be "caught" on camera tripping over my own feet or picking an orifice I shouldn't be (in public anyway)...
    if that allows the Police to have the technological ability to catch a criminal robbing and/or harming my loved ones...
    Last edited by Runway victim; 06-27-2008 at 11:50 PM.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread