+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Ryan handled himself well, he did a far better job of tolerating Jeff's paranoid attacks on him than I would have. There is absoultey nothing Ryan can do to appease Jeff. I don't believe Ryan would do anything like what Jeff has accussed him of-there wasn't intentional malice, heck, there wasn't even unintentional malice. If there was a mistake on Ryans' part that's all it was, not some fiendish diabolical plan to get business from Jeff, as Jeff insists over and over again. I've always given Jeff the benefit of the doubt regading his horrendous behavior-I tell myself at the end of the day he means well, he's a good guy whose in need of some medication and intense therapy..but the way he's reacted to and attacked Ryan tonight, I see only a delusional, petty little man who lives with his own truths, rather than reality's truths. He sees only himslef as avictim, not even able to acknowledge that yes, it's a shame Ryan's family have been hurt by what's gone down on the show via Jeff's accusations and attack on Ryan's character.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3738011;
    Was Jeff serious about the forthcoming foreclosure?
    Was he kidding about it - and it isn't true at all - hence, Jeff's house is not going to go into foreclosure?
    What do you think?
    I feel certain that Jeff was kidding about being "three payments behind". He IS the first to admit that he has a strange sense of humor -- and I think most folks would agree, joking about losing your home is a bit odd.

It seems that a very large portion of the outrageous things Jeff says are his version of humor...more than likely part of his plan to keep us guessing, which is probably why most of us tune in, so his evil plan must be working! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3737556;
    I don't think it was a joke, I think they just got it wrong.

As for Jeff's mental illnesses, it's more along the lines of obsessive/compulsive disorder, I think. I remember him saying at last season's reunion that in the first season he was on a lot of drugs for these things and that last season he wasn't on any.
    Okay, thanks, I was wondering because no one really corrected (for lack of a better word) the mistake so I was wondering if it was a joke.

In last nights reunion, Andy asked if Jeff was on medication and he said no that he has never been on medication. So who knows what's up with that. I try not to take anything he says seriously.

I can not wait for season 4.

Was he kidding about it - and it isn't true at all - hence, Jeff's house is not going to go into foreclosure?
    What do you think?
    He was kidding about the being in foreclosure.

I don't believe Jeff is serious about alot of things. I mean do you seriously think that "forcing" employees to wear the white smocks are really abig deal with them? I doubt if it were it would be shown on TV & I would think one of his employees would have filed complaints against him. Do you really think Jenni would still be working for him for 8 years if she felt humiliated by it?

It was just like him saying that no one is allowed to go #2 while in his home. He was joking.

The thnig with Ryan is weird. I understand where both sides are coming from. Thing is Jeff said he doesn't know much about setting up web sites & Ryan did. If Ryan had all the hits going to him to screen for Jeff, that is just weird. I am sure Jenni is as capable of screening "the crazies" for Jeff as Ryan would be. If There is nothing to hide then Ryan should provide all of the documentation for Jeff & he should have provided that to Jeff when Jeff first questioned him about it. If Ryan is poaching business from Jeff, eventually it will catch up to him. Ryan IMO just seemed very vague when questioned.

My boss & his brother are both in the same business & the businesses have very similar names. When calls come here & the customers are looking for his brother we provide them with the correct phone number.

I think it's a lot of "he said, he said" between Jeff and Ryan. It's too bad they haven't worked it out because clearly there's a very deep connection between the two and both are awfully hurt that the relationship has dissolved, and obviously both would like to repair the relationship. Sadly, Jeff sees it as a one-way street and has dug in his heels so unless he makes an effort to compromise, everyone all around will lose out - on friendship and on business.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3738047;
    Ryan handled himself well, he did a far better job of tolerating Jeff's paranoid attacks on him than I would have. There is absoultey nothing Ryan can do to appease Jeff. I don't believe Ryan would do anything like what Jeff has accussed him of-there wasn't intentional malice, heck, there wasn't even unintentional malice. If there was a mistake on Ryans' part that's all it was, not some fiendish diabolical plan to get business from Jeff, as Jeff insists over and over again. I've always given Jeff the benefit of the doubt regading his horrendous behavior-I tell myself at the end of the day he means well, he's a good guy whose in need of some medication and intense therapy..but the way he's reacted to and attacked Ryan tonight, I see only a delusional, petty little man who lives with his own truths, rather than reality's truths. He sees only himslef as avictim, not even able to acknowledge that yes, it's a shame Ryan's family have been hurt by what's gone down on the show via Jeff's accusations and attack on Ryan's character.
    I thought so too. Wow, Jeff was ranting and ranting and getting all angry while Ryan for the most part kept himself in check. Ryan did appear to have teared up abit but all in all last night was rather sad with Ryan and Jeff. And then Jenni saying she has never seen Jeff cry that hard......ohhh, please.

I think Ryan has to be a special person to have had a relationship with the likes of Jeff Lewis. Jeff is such HIGH maintenance. I really like Ryan and what he has brought to the show. I bet Brown Designs will succeed and do well.

Jeff, IMHO, needs to move on. Ryan needs to move on. PERIOD. I do hope there is a season 4 as I do enjoy the show but all this DRAMA with the two of them is getting old. I think Jeff will truly miss Chloe. I think he really loves her very much and has a ton of fun with her. NO PETS and takes her right to the pet shop. Hahaha.

FoRTer

Jeff seems to hold his inner circle very closely, and regard the closest ones like family. I see some of the teasing that he does as testing, much like I think we may treat family a bit differently because of that level of comfort (feeling they will always be there for us unconditionally, and somehow trying to prove that by acting out). I loved the part of Andy's interview with Zoila... Jeff is very fortunate to have found someone who "gets" him like she seems to and can roll with his personality.

Hard to watch the rift between Jeff and Ryan. I hope those clients Jeff mentioned, who told him about being lured or mislead by Brown Design, didn't overy embellish or misunderstand the situation... Jeff seemed to really put a lot of stock in their stories. But I will say that when Ryan said there are certain types of clients who want him, and other types who would want Jeff, that I felt I would much prefer Jeff. Something about how Ryan presented himself in that discussion just didn't ring true for me. But that's the beauty of variety - there's something for everyone.

I hope there will be a season four, too!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3738011;
    You know how Jeff sometimes says outrageous things that you think he means, but it turns out that he didn't really mean them.....
    Well, at the beginning of the reunion show, Jeff tells the interviewer that he is three months behind in his mortgage and that his house will go into foreclosure.

Then during the show, he never mentions it again.
    What do you think?
    I'd have to watch again to know for sure, but I'm fairly certain Jeff mentioned he was kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3738189;
    In last nights reunion, Andy asked if Jeff was on medication and he said no that he has never been on medication. So who knows what's up with that. I try not to take anything he says seriously
    I think I heard him say on the reunion show that he had never been on medication, too.

FORT Fogey

Sadly, I don't think Jeff and Ryan will ever be able to be friends again. Too much has happened. It was sad to watch the exchange between the two, and Andy was clearly upset by it as well. I agree with some of the other posters who think Ryan may have done some things unintentionally. I think he's afraid if he ever admitted he had unintentionally done anything to take away business, Jeff would never let it go; Jeff would probably always passive-agressively make "jokes" about it forever on end. I, also, kind of wonder if Ryan might have just finally had enough of Jeff, and doesn't have a desire to mend things.

A few people noted how Ryan kept his cool, while Jeff lost it. Something to consider is how it's easy for someone to remain cool when they know they are somewhat in the wrong, but if they know they are completely innocent, they tend to get more emotional in trying to "defend" themself. Again, I don't think Ryan intentionally did anything, but I do think he now has some sort of awareness that he may have accidentally been in the wrong on some things. Also, something that made an impression on me was Jeff's statement that since he knows Ryan so well, that while watching the episodes, he was able to see when Ryan was "lying." After knowing someone for years, you do pick up on certain body language.

I think there will be a 4th season. I don't know if Jeff was joking or not, but I think I remember him starting off the reunion show by mentioning that the only reason he was taking part in the reunion was so a 4th season could be made. Again, it could have been his snarky humor. Regardless, I'm betting there will be a 4th.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 10-28-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3738300;
    Also, something that made an impression on me was Jeff's statement that since he knows Ryan so well, that while watching the episodes, he was able to see when Ryan was "lying." After knowing someone for years, you do pick up on certain body language.
    I agree with everything you said in your post, particularly this. I really think Ryan is lying/hiding something...he just doesn't seem sincere when he claims he did nothing wrong. Like I said previously, I don't think he intentionally did anything wrong to being with (however, I do think, from his actions, that he might now realize where Jeff is coming from). But maybe that's where he feels, regardless of what happened or how Jeff sees things, since he did not intentionally do anything wrong he's not at fault.

He also strikes me as a person who has a hard time admitting fault and apologizing for it. My BFF is like that, he will not admit fault in anything even if I show him he's wrong...and even when I show proof he's wrong, he will try to explain it away by placing blame elsewhere. It can be maddening.

My thing is, even if Ryan doesn't feel he did anything intentionally wrong why not, for the sake of the friendship, apologize? A simple I'm sorry that my actions made you feel a certain way, I did not intentionally try to do anything shady, but your friendship means more to me than anything so I apologize.

Though I wonder if Jeff would even accept that apology. Would Jeff accept any apology from Ryan that he wasn't acknowledging his wrong doing?

Also, if I was being accused of something that I either did not do, or did not do maliciously, I would try to show that with physical proof (if possible). Instead, Ryan is all 'ask any of my current clients if I took them from you'. which leads me to the other thing that to me proves Ryan is guilty. He says 'current clients' what about the clients that are no longer current but that were current when the bulk of this deceit was going on? That just doesn't seem right to me and makes it seem like maybe he doesn't want to mend thing with Jeff.

I also think that Ryan is projecting when he shifts the blame from him to Jeff by saying that Jeff hurt him too. I don't really think Jeff ever said anything hurtful he was just venting his frustrations with the situation. Also, Ryan chose to be on the show, I find it hard to believe that he didn't think any of that would be brought up.

I hope they make up.

+ Reply to Thread