+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 79 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3736913;
    I agree, and I personally think Jeff knows that and would adjust his schedule accordingly. But there are lots of families who are very good parents whose kids have to stay with a caregiver during the day, because the parents work. I'm sure he would cut his hours to a reasonable amount, a more 9-5 type of arrangement, especially since he essentially makes his own hours.

Regardless, I was responding to your comment about him being in a stable relationship. He seems to be pretty stable-ly single right now.

I know plenty of 2 parent families where both parents work and the children spend a substantial amount of their awake time in daycare centers. As a single parent I think Jeff would be just fine. We can't hold him to any higher of a standard than any other family out there.

FORT Fogey

Exactly. It's entirely fair game to question whether Jeff is mature enough to be a parent or whether he'll make a good one but to say he shouldn't have a kid because he's single and works is a little much, IMO.

I was just reading up on this forum. I'm confused by a couple of things:

Someone referred to Jeff Lewis as Jeff Miller, was this a joke and if so I don't get it.

What mental issues does Jeff Lewis have? I've watched every episode and don't recall him ever seriously saying he has any mental issues or is taking meds for it.I remember him saying he stopped his meds but again I didn't take it seriously. Also, when he made the 'I'm bi-polar' comment I am 99% sure he was joking. If I recall it was right after he asked Ryan if he was bi-polar because he couldn't make his mind up about moving.

It's interesting to see how some people take what he says seriously, while my friends and I don't take anything he says seriously unless it's business related (and even that is iffy) or he's mad.

I don't think Jeff was at all serious about Ryan giving him his embryos. Though, I would not have a problem giving my friends any embryos I wasn't going to use if they were going to use them. But I wonder if a lot of that has to do with where their relationship stands right now.

Speaking of Ryan, I don't think he maliciously or intentionally wanted to screw Jeff over, In fact, I don't think he really realized that is what he was doing until it was pointed out to him. The look on his face whenever Jeff is talking to him about it makes me believe that he now knows what he did was wrong but is too proud to admit it and apologize. Which is a shame for their friendship.

As far as Jeff being a parent, I think he'd be a good dad...though I think his kid would be saying very inappropriate things all. the. time. But he's good with Chloe so I would imagine he'd be just as good, if not better, with a child that was his own. Also, you don't have to have two parents to be a good parent or make a good home for a child.

FORT Fogey

I don't think it was a joke, I think they just got it wrong.

As for Jeff's mental illnesses, it's more along the lines of obsessive/compulsive disorder, I think. I remember him saying at last season's reunion that in the first season he was on a lot of drugs for these things and that last season he wasn't on any.

Yeah I don't take much of what Jeff says seriously.

I don't know about Ryan. I don't think there was malicious intent but I think it was true that he handled things badly. Jeff may have asked him to route things to his office so Jeff didn't end up with "crazies" and it became a misunderstanding. I'm sure, as these things happen between very good friends, that both Jeff and Ryan said things to each other that were hurtful. In any relationship there are resentments about things that are let go in the name of the friendship, and that you reason away, but when you're angry they just come right back out.

Oh cry me a river Jeff. He's such a baby. It's always about him.

Jeff should never have children. Can you imagine how many times that infant would have to wear the "punishment" smock?! It just isn't right!!

You know how Jeff sometimes says outrageous things that you think he means, but it turns out that he didn't really mean them.....
    Well, at the beginning of the reunion show, Jeff tells the interviewer that he is three months behind in his mortgage and that his house will go into foreclosure.

Then during the show, he never mentions it again.
    Was Jeff serious about the forthcoming foreclosure?
    Was he kidding about it - and it isn't true at all - hence, Jeff's house is not going to go into foreclosure?
    What do you think?
    Marti

I hope there will be a season four!
    What do you think, and when and how will we find out if there will be another season?
    Marti

I think he does need Lithium. My hubby takes it everyday and it's the only thing that makes him "normal" . LOL! I felt bad for Jeff and Ryan tonight, you could really tell they were both hurt by everything thats happened. But I totally agree with Jeff, Ryan did use his name to get business.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3738011;
    You know how Jeff sometimes says outrageous things that you think he means, but it turns out that he didn't really mean them.....
    Well, at the beginning of the reunion show, Jeff tells the interviewer that he is three months behind in his mortgage and that his house will go into foreclosure.

Then during the show, he never mentions it again.
    Was Jeff serious about the forthcoming foreclosure?
    Was he kidding about it - and it isn't true at all - hence, Jeff's house is not going to go into foreclosure?
    What do you think?
    Just a joke. or what passes for a joke in Jeff's world.

+ Reply to Thread