+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

I LOVE ZOILA!!!!! She is the best. And could Jeff have found anyone who painted quite as badly as Samantha?
    "Where shall we hang it?"
    Zoila responds, "Next to the cat box"
    This show is really finding it's stride this year.

I can't remember the last time that I laughed as hard as I did tonight! This show was so funny. I wasn't really into "Flipping Out" last season but I am so hooked after this one. Did Ryan have a little work done? Something is different and it's not just the hair. More make up? Colored eyebrows? Eye lift ? You tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3077781;
    I LOVE ZOILA!!!!! She is the best. And could Jeff have found anyone who painted quite as badly as Samantha?
    "Where shall we hang it?"
    Zoila responds, "Next to the cat box"
    This show is really finding it's stride this year.

I know! Zoila had me rolling last night! And yes, that painting was horrid. I'm sure Jeff's intentions were good, but if someone painted me & it looked like that, I would feel insulted, like "is this how you see me?" Ick!

I can't remember the last time that I laughed as hard as I did tonight! This show was so funny. I wasn't really into "Flipping Out" last season but I am so hooked after this one. Did Ryan have a little work done? Something is different and it's not just the hair. More make up? Colored eyebrows? Eye lift ? You tell me.
    I thought Ryan looks different this year too. His face looks like...almost like wax. Maybe he's had some injections like Botox, or Juvederm or Restylane (or any combo of those). He just doesn't look good, in my opinion. He looks weird now.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I thought Ryan looked thinner when I saw it.

By the way I love Zoila too.

Zoila rocks. Had it been me with that hideous picture I would have burst into tears and run from the room. Both times. She deserves way better than that atrocity, even if she did nothing but sit on her backside all day long. Someone grow some uh, guts, and tell him it reeks.

Ryan must have gotten a publicist or image consultant or something ... I liked him better before. The cleancut look was great, this new look makes me more distrustful because it's all about appearance. And the show is edititing him differently this season also. Not "the good one" like before.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3078116;

I thought Ryan looks different this year too. His face looks like...almost like wax. Maybe he's had some injections like Botox, or Juvederm or Restylane (or any combo of those). He just doesn't look good, in my opinion. He looks weird now.
    Yeah!!!! He was really cute last season but you're right! He looks waxy and weird now. Now I need to see a show from last season so that I can compare "old" Ryan to "new" Ryan. It's so nice to know that others noticed too.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3078116;
    And yes, that painting was horrid. I'm sure Jeff's intentions were good, but if someone painted me & it looked like that, I would feel insulted, like "is this how you see me?" Ick!
    I would have been crying so hard if someone did that to me, thinking, do they really see me as that ugly?! I imagine Jeff would have been upset if someone did that to him, too.
    If they are hanging it at Jeff's house, how is that a present for Zoila anyway? He said he might have portraits of other housekeepers painted in the future, which implied he felt an ownership over the portrait and planned to keep it, which means he never "gave" it to Zoila anyway (unless he really sees her as a "slave" who will be living in his houses until the day she dies!)
    A true gift means the giftee can do whatever they like with the present, including returning it for a refund. I would have asked the painter how much she was paid, and asked her to refund me the cash in exchange for returning the ugly painting. Although she would probably refuse, that would get the point across that in a so-called present, the preferences of the person whom the gift was for were not considered. Hence a sucky "gift."

Sometimes Jeff's reactions seem perfectly logical, however, as in the curtain situation. The cream-colored curtains went with the walls, but not at all with the stark white bedspread. They should have changed the bedspread. I wouldn't have been able to stop thinking about that, either.

Also re. his workers' lack of attention to detail (as he called it, "not being proactive," or as I would think of it, "not doing your job!") -- I don't necessarily see how that is OCD to feel that way. They are either editing this season very differently, or they could not find a lot of over-the-top Jeff-isms to use, because he didn't seem to be "flipping out" to extremes in that episode.
    Last edited by Harvest; 06-26-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Jeff seems really different/defeated this year in a ways. Which might be editing and might be his own personal reality too. I don't know.

But last season I had a really hard time liking him and this year when I see the show (which isn't consistently because I don't have cable) I don't mind him. When it comes to his houses and his job I don't blame him for having OCD. I've owned a business and watched people screw up various aspects of it and it's like you want to scream, "This is my name, my money and my business on the line and I want it to be right." And then everyone looks at you like you're crazy.

I laughed out loud when Zoila said, "Bite me, Jeff. Are you biting me?" LOL!

Jeff gets too carried away with his projects. He spends WAY too much in areas where he won't get those costs recouped. Spending money on pools and reconfiguring rooms that seem fine is a waste of money. In this case, his OCD and wanting everything to be just right is not doing him any favors.

From the previews, it seems he's buying a surveillance system to keep an eye on his employees while he's gone. When I found out about it, I'd walk. Unless he thinks someone is doing something illegal, that's way over the line.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread