+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 79 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3729258;
    Ronald Reagan closed the mental hospitals and these unfortunate people were just dumped on the streets. They have no insurance which mostly will just get you 20 days or so in treatment. So you can thank the republicans for attempting to save money on the backs of the mentally ill and society in general.
    I remember when this happened in CA.
    Overnight, it seemed, life totally changed.
    It is very sad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I don't think Jeff ever intends to hurt anyone. Obviously, he has some mental and emotional issues of his own, and equally obvious is the fact that the people he's surrounded himself with understand that and understand how to deal with him. I have a friend who is very much like Jeff Lewis, probably is my closest friend, and it's simply a matter of learning how to relate to people. Jeff is not rude to random people, and quite frankly if you start working for him you should know what you're in for.

At least he's up front about it. I'd rather work for him than some of the passive aggressive, pot stirring people I worked for in the past. They appeared normal but then you start working and the games start. At least with him you know what kind of mess you're stepping into and not just blindly swan diving into a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3731208;
    At least he's up front about it. I'd rather work for him than some of the passive aggressive, pot stirring people I worked for in the past. They appeared normal but then you start working and the games start. At least with him you know what kind of mess you're stepping into and not just blindly swan diving into a mess.
    you are so right Some of the craziest people are the so called "normal" people that most of us have to deal with in our everyday work place. I would be thrilled to work with personality types like Jeff who are honest, quirky but straightforward and he's also very funny.
    I love Jeff Lewis

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3729256;
    Hmmmmm. Bet you call yourself a Christian too!
    Actually, I DO consider myself a Christian.

In addition to contributing to an organization that helps the homeless with mental health care and other things, I also volunteered twice a month for a program in downtown Washington, D.C.

They would get donations of food from various places and put together a hot morning meal. Then on the way out the door, they would be handed sandwiches for their lunch. I would normally concentrate on making as many sandwiches as I possibly could.

I did that volunteer job (used up part of my vacation time from work for that) until I was transferred and it got too difficult to volunteer there in the morning and then rush off to my new office.

For three years I volunteered twice a month after work in the suburbs. We picked up donated food from grocery stores and took it to two sites with subsidized housing. Anyone interested could come and get free food.

We stood outside in all kinds of weather doing that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3731208;
    Exactly. I can't stand people who aren't what they try to appear to be. Besides, the staff seems to just shrug off Jeff's more ridiculous demands.

In last night's episode, as Jeff and his employes sat around the table, Jeff casually mentioned, "I'm bipolar".
    Of course, there is nothing wrong if people have this condition. It's treatable with medication, of course, I've heard.
    I knew that Jeff has OCD, but I never knew he is also bipolar.
    Do you think that when he said that, he was kidding?

And I wonder: If Jeff wants so much to become a father, why doesn't he use his own sperm?
    I don't think that hereditary issues - i.e. - those mental conditions - would play into this decision, as his baby would have a good chance to not inherit these same mental conditions.
    It would be very complicated for Jeff to try and acquire one of Ryan's frozen embryos or to have Jenni as a surrogate Mom; that mght invite lawsuits down the road.....
    Marti

Hi Swiss Miss 150!
    Greetings from a fellow Swiss - me.
    I grew up both in the US and in Switzerland.
    Mir gefaellt es sehr gut in Kalifornien. Das Wetter ist prima.
    Es zieht mich aber manchmal zurueck in die Schweiz und das wird immer so bleiben.
    (I like it here in California very much; the weather is great. My home in Switzerland often calls back to me, and it will always be like this.)
    Gruetzi,
    Greetings,
    Last edited by Mozart; 10-22-2009 at 01:31 AM.
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3728719;
    You all seem to forget that Jeff Miller gets up everyday and works and supplies good paying jobs for numerous people and functions on a high level WITH a mental disease. He doesn't camp out on someone's property and use it as a toilet. His self-centeredness and need to be the center of attention come from his illness. And it IS true that Jeff tries to run the lives of the people who work for him, everyone seems to be able to run the minefield of Jeff's odd life quite nicely. He absolutely couldn't live with out Jenni and his "maid" who is actually more of a mother figure. And even Jett functions nicely with him. Mostly, they just agnore his tirades and move on. I think the entire show is a wonder of personal relationships and what people have to do to make them work.
    I agree with you. It's very enlightening to read what you say about Zoila, the maid - that she is a mother figure to Jeff.
    Yes, and Jeff lost his own mother when she was only in her late thirties, I believe.
    Marti

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3733595;
    In last night's episode, as Jeff and his employes sat around the table, Jeff casually mentioned, "I'm bipolar".
    Of course, there is nothing wrong if people have this condition. It's treatable with medication, of course, I've heard.
    I knew that Jeff has OCD, but I never knew he is also bipolar.
    Do you think that when he said that, he was kidding?

And I wonder: If Jeff wants so much to become a father, why doesn't he use his own sperm?
    I don't think that hereditary issues - i.e. - those mental conditions - would play into this decision, as his baby would have a good chance to not inherit these same mental conditions.
    It would be very complicated for Jeff to try and acquire one of Ryan's frozen embryos or to have Jenni as a surrogate Mom; that mght invite lawsuits down the road.....
    Jeff has an array of mental/emotional disorders from what I gathered. Obviously he's very high-functioning in spite of it. I know that in the past he has been on a lot of different medications, but I believe in last season's reunion he said he wasn't taking any at the moment.

Judging whether or not his kids will inherit his mental issues is a tricky thing. I think it was more of a joke than anything else when he asked Ryan for his.

Jenni as a surrogate would not be any more complicated than any other surrogate situation I don't think.

+ Reply to Thread