+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 79 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

I think the show was promoted that way, because it is always all about Jeff and how it affects Him.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

I work in a big city and have to contend with street people on a regular basis. I do contribute money to an agency that works with them but would never offer a dime directly to one of the pan handlers on the street. Some of them are mentally ill and potentially dangerous. I was walking from one of our buildings to another and the sidewalk was narrow because a restaurant had outdoor seating.

A vagrant walking close to me tried to shove a cigarette in my mouth. I've sick of having jars with jingling coins shoved in my face.

For about two years there was a guy diagnonally across the street who would huddle on one of the steam grates. Periodically he would suddenly rise up and start shouting and waving his arms. I always gave him a wide bearth, but several times he scared the daylights out of unsuspecting tourists walking by. I guess some people don't deal with street people normally from the way they gawk.

Sometimes I go to a restaurant before work, and one panhandler standing outside the door would hit me up for money BEFORE I went in and AFTER I went out. When I told the manager I would not return if he didn't get rid of the guy, he said it would take two hours to get a policeman to show up.

However, the next day he told me he HAD called the police and they had picked the guy up. At least I have not seen him for a while. I'm sure if he was actually picked up, he was on the streets again in a few hours.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3727940;
    I just cannot stand Jeff Lewis. Yes, he is very talented, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone that self centered and determined to be the focal point of the universe, even on reality tv. He may pay his employees well, but that doesn't give him the right to be a slave master who wants to dictate not only their working lives, but their personal lives as well. He lost me in season 1, I think it was, when he told Jenni what toppings she was not permitted to have on her pizza.

I think Jeff Lewis = the real life embodiment of Sheldon Cooper, but without lovability factor the Big Bang writers give to Sheldon.
    You all seem to forget that Jeff Miller gets up everyday and works and supplies good paying jobs for numerous people and functions on a high level WITH a mental disease. He doesn't camp out on someone's property and use it as a toilet. His self-centeredness and need to be the center of attention come from his illness. And it IS true that Jeff tries to run the lives of the people who work for him, everyone seems to be able to run the minefield of Jeff's odd life quite nicely. He absolutely couldn't live with out Jenni and his "maid" who is actually more of a mother figure. And even Jett functions nicely with him. Mostly, they just agnore his tirades and move on. I think the entire show is a wonder of personal relationships and what people have to do to make them work.

BTW regarding Jeff and Ryan's fall out, Ryan put up a blog on the bravotv.com website where he gives his side of the story since Jeff wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise during his tirade during the show. Ryan explains how Jeff asked Ryan to do Jeff's links on his (Ryan's) website because Jeff didn't want to be bother by crazy random people trying to reach him. He wanted Ryan's staff to sift through them and forward the legit customers. It sounds like something Jeff would do. I mean he didn't even bother to call an A-list entertainer back for because he was too busy, I can imagine him not wanting to be bothered by nobodies...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3728719;
    You all seem to forget that Jeff Miller gets up everyday and works and supplies good paying jobs for numerous people and functions on a high level WITH a mental disease. He doesn't camp out on someone's property and use it as a toilet. His self-centeredness and need to be the center of attention come from his illness. And it IS true that Jeff tries to run the lives of the people who work for him, everyone seems to be able to run the minefield of Jeff's odd life quite nicely. He absolutely couldn't live with out Jenni and his "maid" who is actually more of a mother figure. And even Jett functions nicely with him. Mostly, they just agnore his tirades and move on. I think the entire show is a wonder of personal relationships and what people have to do to make them work.
    Just because you have a mental illness doesn't mean you can treat people like dirt. Which Jeff does. There is wanting every label turned the right in the fridge and then there is telling your employees they can't go number 2 at their place of employment.

If Jeff's world is so unstable he should treat the people who keep him together better.

FORT Regular

just googled Flipping Out, clicked on the #1 choice that makes it seem your going to the page for flipping Out and you still get Ryan's business page, no mention still of Jeff. That sucks for Jeff, I understand why he would be pissed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3727634;
    WOW!!! Did Jeff & Chaz have differing views or what!!??!! I feel badly that someone passed away due to dehydration but what makes it even more tragic is that "Spirit" was supposedly Chaz's good luck charm & for him to allow Sprit to die that way seems even more callosu that Jeff's attitude towards Spirit & the situation.
    Then again though Sprit may not have wanted or accepted Chaz's help anyway. We have a semi-homeless guy who lives in a vacant house across the street from our office. This guy is 13 short of a dozen. He comes in for candy almost everyday & most times is polite even though he is off his rocker so-to-speak; the man talks to invisable people, buildings, trees, whatever else is around. I used to bring him in granola & cereal bars, fresh fruits all the time. Then one day he came in drunk & threw the food at me & cursed me which I could handle but the problem was we had customers in the showroom with their young granddaughter. Not very good for business.

As for Jeff adopting, his house isn't exactly child-friendly. I can just see Jeff with having toys all over the house. Hey maybe Jenni will move in to counter balance Jeff's OCD.
    Can't these people be collected up and taken to some sort of home?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3728719;
    You could say that Jeff should have had more empathy, more fellow-feeling for Spirit, given that they share a condition. I always think Jeff seems very vulnerable; maybe he's scared that if he exhibited compassion he'd have compassion for himself and that can be very frightening - a whole new way of looking at the world and his place in it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3728491;
    I work in a big city and have to contend with street people on a regular basis. I do contribute money to an agency that works with them but would never offer a dime directly to one of the pan handlers on the street. Some of them are mentally ill and potentially dangerous. I was walking from one of our buildings to another and the sidewalk was narrow because a restaurant had outdoor seating.

A vagrant walking close to me tried to shove a cigarette in my mouth. I've sick of having jars with jingling coins shoved in my face.

For about two years there was a guy diagnonally across the street who would huddle on one of the steam grates. Periodically he would suddenly rise up and start shouting and waving his arms. I always gave him a wide bearth, but several times he scared the daylights out of unsuspecting tourists walking by. I guess some people don't deal with street people normally from the way they gawk.

Sometimes I go to a restaurant before work, and one panhandler standing outside the door would hit me up for money BEFORE I went in and AFTER I went out. When I told the manager I would not return if he didn't get rid of the guy, he said it would take two hours to get a policeman to show up.

However, the next day he told me he HAD called the police and they had picked the guy up. At least I have not seen him for a while. I'm sure if he was actually picked up, he was on the streets again in a few hours.
    Hmmmmm. Bet you call yourself a Christian too!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3729201;
    Can't these people be collected up and taken to some sort of home?
    Ronald Reagan closed the mental hospitals and these unfortunate people were just dumped on the streets. They have no insurance which mostly will just get you 20 days or so in treatment. So you can thank the republicans for attempting to save money on the backs of the mentally ill and society in general.

+ Reply to Thread