+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

FORT Fanatic

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Letting a homeless person use part of the property as a bathroom was disgusting. The owner had no respect for his employees, staff, or the construction workers in that area. I bet if the person were still alive when the show was aired, an angry customer who saw the episode would have called the health department to complain - with full justification. I bet the owner could have been cited.

I'm hoping the idea of Jeff adopting a child is just another tease. So many of their previews turn out to be nothing. Imagine letting that nutcase raise a kid. And he doesn't even have a partner who could add some semblance of a 'normal' personality to the home.

I was really upset by last night's episode.
    I am not condoning anyone's use of the property as a toilet.
    However, I just think it showed how insensitive Jeff is to those less fortunate than himself. CA has the highest homeless population in the nation. Jeff just showed by his callous remarks that he is an extremely shallow and arrogant human being. The homeless person was a human being who deserved empathy, not total derision.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

WOW!!! Did Jeff & Chaz have differing views or what!!??!! I feel badly that someone passed away due to dehydration but what makes it even more tragic is that "Spirit" was supposedly Chaz's good luck charm & for him to allow Sprit to die that way seems even more callosu that Jeff's attitude towards Spirit & the situation.
    Then again though Sprit may not have wanted or accepted Chaz's help anyway. We have a semi-homeless guy who lives in a vacant house across the street from our office. This guy is 13 short of a dozen. He comes in for candy almost everyday & most times is polite even though he is off his rocker so-to-speak; the man talks to invisable people, buildings, trees, whatever else is around. I used to bring him in granola & cereal bars, fresh fruits all the time. Then one day he came in drunk & threw the food at me & cursed me which I could handle but the problem was we had customers in the showroom with their young granddaughter. Not very good for business.

As for Jeff adopting, his house isn't exactly child-friendly. I can just see Jeff with having toys all over the house. Hey maybe Jenni will move in to counter balance Jeff's OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3727628;
    I was really upset by last night's episode.
    I am not condoning anyone's use of the property as a toilet.
    However, I just think it showed how insensitive Jeff is to those less fortunate than himself. CA has the highest homeless population in the nation. Jeff just showed by his callous remarks that he is an extremely shallow and arrogant human being. The homeless person was a human being who deserved empathy, not total derision.
    I dunno, NRH. I mean, I'm not defending Jeff, and we all know he's not even close to being a saint, but he was the one who suggested moving Spirit's "home" to the other side of the property, where she would still have a covered area to sleep under (and, I think they said the area would be a bit bigger, didn't they?) plus they said she'd have shower facilities (and a toilet?)...

What got me was Chaz's complete denial about what Sprit was doing. If Spirit wasn't the one defecating in his flower beds, who was? If that wasn't urine in the bottles (that Jeff pointed out), what was it...lemonade?

I totally understand that Jeff was trying to suggest a way to incorporate Spirit onto the property. And, I don't condone anyone for defecating on the lawn.
    I do think Jeff should have kept his comments to himself to begin with.
    He only suggested an alternative when he was backed into a corner, not out of any noble attempts on his part.
    Chaz didn't seem, IMO, to ask for the insensitivity that was displayed. He tried to explain to Jeff what he thought Spirit had done for him.
    Jeff seemed to disregard and make light of that.
    People like Jeff, who live in glass houses, should not throw stones.
    Far too many callous people, like Jeff, should sometimes remember the golden rule.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3727634;
    I feel badly that someone passed away due to dehydration
    If in those bottles as Chaz thought was LIQUID to DRINK...then Spirit would not have suffered with dehydration.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3727699;
    she
    And do we even know if Spirit was a "she" or a "he"....I am going with a "he" as I figured only a guy would be able to fill all those bottles.... PLUS, I highly doubt a homeless woman could live in those conditions for so many years...if it was a "she" I am so sure she would have gone to a shelter.

Sadly, we have just as many homeless she's as we do he's.
    During the day, many live at libraries, etc.
    Many of them should be in homes - they used to be - because they have mental issues.
    We don't have all that many shelters to contain a steadily increasing number of the homeless.

We have as many homeless she's as he's too. Men and women both want homes. It's not a gender issue. And just because someone wants to stay some place doesn't mean they can. Virtually everywhere I have lived and worked shelters had lines of people who couldn't get in. Where I am now you virtually need a reservation to get into the shelter.

I just cannot stand Jeff Lewis. Yes, he is very talented, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone that self centered and determined to be the focal point of the universe, even on reality tv. He may pay his employees well, but that doesn't give him the right to be a slave master who wants to dictate not only their working lives, but their personal lives as well. He lost me in season 1, I think it was, when he told Jenni what toppings she was not permitted to have on her pizza.

I think Jeff Lewis = the real life embodiment of Sheldon Cooper, but without lovability factor the Big Bang writers give to Sheldon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

The worst thing about this episode was how it was promoted. Seriously Jeff suffers a tragedy? Give me a break. -_-

+ Reply to Thread