+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

The white truck type vehicle looked to be like a rolling crime lab kind of thing from the commercial.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3725524;
    The white truck type vehicle looked to be like a rolling crime lab kind of thing from the commercial.
    I kind of thought that too. Unless ambulances look different there than here.

The way it usually goes, they show a preview of a tragedy that rocks their world, but what it really is is a truck has delievered the wrong load of rocks for one of the houses they are working on and Jenni and Jeff are devasted. The ambulance was probably just one passing by.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3725459;
    But if it was the homeless man why would it be "a tragedy that rocked Jeff's world". Jeff and Jenni are shown sitting down, in shock, and it showed an ambulance at someone's house speeding to the hospital.....

I don't know, with those words, I would think it would be someone close to Jeff and Jenni......!
    I know this is a stretch, but if the tragedy does have something to do with the homeless person, could Jeff somehow have had a spiritual moment related to the experience that "rocks his world?" Maybe it causes Jeff to think of priorities in a different way? And Jenni, too?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3725522;
    I watched the preview a couple times and didn't clearly see an ambulance unless I'm missing something. I saw lights but I assumed they were police car lights.
    They show a white vehicle, and just prior to that they show a police car. I think what might be misleading is the sound of a police siren or ambulance siren that is playing in the background, as they show the vehicle pulling away. I caught the preview again, and tried to really look at the white vehicle, but it's shown too quickly. There's something written on the side of the vehicle, but I couldn't make it out. The first time I saw the preview, my mind just associated the white vehicle with an ambulance, since I heard the siren, and the mentioning of a "tragedy."

I saw the white vehicle but it didn't resemble an ambulance to me at all. At least the ones we have here. And the lights and siren I associated together to be that police car. So my first thought was theft or vandalism of one of the properties. Something like that.

With the Sherwoods; I am in the construction business & we have customers who tell us what they want & don't want & let us do our jobs.
    Then there are the hand-holders who need to to take them by they hand & make you tell them what they would like & you have to basically hold their hand through the entire process. They can't make-up their minds & want you to do it for them & then they question E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you do down to the last screw & nail.
    It can be very taxing, frustrating & time consuming especially if you have several jobs going on at the same time & you have to hold several hands at the same time.
    This week we had a job sign a contract only to cancel the nexy day & this morning the job was on again and it is only Tuesday.
    I suspect that Jeff didn't want to hold Brad's hand for months.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3726528;
    With the Sherwoods; I am in the construction business & we have customers who tell us what they want & don't want & let us do our jobs.
    Then there are the hand-holders who need to to take them by they hand & make you tell them what they would like & you have to basically hold their hand through the entire process. They can't make-up their minds & want you to do it for them & then they question E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you do down to the last screw & nail.
    It can be very taxing, frustrating & time consuming especially if you have several jobs going on at the same time & you have to hold several hands at the same time.
    This week we had a job sign a contract only to cancel the nexy day & this morning the job was on again and it is only Tuesday.
    I suspect that Jeff didn't want to hold Brad's hand for months.

But on the flip side of that...they orginially wanted (Ryan) Brown Designs...Jeff ended up going and meeting them and giving them HIS quote...I think Jeff needs to pick his battles IN THIS ECONOMY...if he wants work...he will have to be a HAND HOLDER for his client...!!!

It seemed to me that they wanted to "piece-meal" the job rather than just go with the entire job like Chaz did.

From a contractors position it can be quite frustrating. An instance, a customer is redoing a kitchen, 3 bathrooms & a bar. As the contractor we prefer to design & order everything at the same time especially if the customer wants to use the same color cabinetry/countertops through the entire house. It is fine if the customer wants to take it room by room but it does take alot more time & the frustration level grows with all parties.

I can understand where the Sherwoods were coming from as well but it isn't like Jeff Lewis is some guy who was driving around with a beat-up van with a paper sign on the side. Jeff's reputation & ahem behavior "issues" are pretty well known.

IDK, this just never did seem like a good fit for either party. They should have just went with Ryan if he is who they wanted in the first place.

Then people wonder why I sometimes go into the supply room to scream.

WOW, I would never have believed it was the homeless person that was the tragedy that rocked their world.....

Leading up to the homeless persons death...that was pretty gross using the backyard as a toilet and Chaz allowing the behavior.

Is Jeff adopting? Previews again!

+ Reply to Thread