+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Kind of makes you wonder what their relationship was like and what the truths of their relationship was.

Wah! Wah! Someone is stealing my business!

Jeff loves to play the victim! It all comes down to Jeff being jealous of Ryan's success. Ryan is doing great at the design business while Jeff's flipping is at a stand still. Now Ryan is making more money and Jeff doesn't like it one bit.

Jeff didn't include Ryan in his previous deals out of the goodness of his heart - he did it because Ryan is good at what he does. Instead of worrying how many brown salsas his assistants bring from El Pollo Loco, Jeff should have been making sure his internet stuff was up and squared away. How basic is that?! Instead of hiring someone to pick up dog poop - hire someone to fix your website - duh! I don't blame Ryan. He needed to drop Jeff anyway cause he was bringing him down!

Watch - Jeff is going to lose everyone - Ryan, Jenny (hope she gets a great movie role or her own tv show), the dog poop guy (can't remember his name but he is dreamy - some modeling agency will scoop him right up - excuse the pun!) Well Zoila will probably stay... but that's it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3713903;
    We've had it happen more than once, we get a check & then a phone call to not cash it. We have stopped work on projects until checks are made good. Not connecting sinks and toilets ensures the home won't pass inspection & without an inspection they can't occupy the home.
    It is the ones who claim to have money that give us the biggest problems. We've most likley already paid for those cabinets, countertops or even the labor so they are basically now holding us up so we have to hold up their occupancy. We are not a bank & do not do financing. We charge a 18% finance charge on balances past 60 days.
    That's outrageous. I never engage a contractor unless I have the estimate plus 10% in a separate account. I would never ask that one finance me. Outrageous.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3714979;
    I think Jeff was pretty harsh with the couple who complained about the mess the electricians left. Yes, they were OCD about it, but clients should not have to clean up after a work crew. Jeff wouldn't allow anybody to do that to him, so he shouldn't have done that to them.
    I think the breakup with Ryan was totally unnecessary and harsh.
    No Jeff would never object to objectionable materiels left behind. Like oh, I dunno, dust behind a TV.

I wish I had given this one contractor a presentation of 'things left in my basement' including half an inch of dust that they left (never put down dust sheets, never vacuumed it up), a broken light bulb in the middle of the floor, caulk used as wallboard, wallboard used as garden decoration, etc. It got ugly.

[QUOTE
    I wish I had given this one contractor a presentation of 'things left in my basement' including half an inch of dust that they left (never put down dust sheets, never vacuumed it up), a broken light bulb in the middle of the floor, caulk used as wallboard, wallboard used as garden decoration, etc. It got ugly.[/QUOTE]

There is always going to be missed pieces of debris. It is inevitable with de-construction & re-construction however we do try to keep the messes to a minimum. We normally take all of the trash with us which we do charge a small fee for. Some customers don't want to pay $25 for us to remove the trash so then it is up to them to get rid of. Yes the place will be dusty but we try out best to get rid of most of it. I know how they left my home. It was really like no work had been done but was done.

Leaving trash piled up at a work site is actually illegal & the job can be shut down by inspectors. That is why dumpsters are needed at big jobs.

Trust me you would not believe what people try to lower their bill once the work is completed. They sign a contract stating taht 30% is due at signing, 30% is due upon delivery & 40% is due 10 days after the job is completed.

We actaully had a guy take a magnyfing glass to look over ever square inch of his cabinets, flooring & countertops. I mean sheesh...wood & granite are N-A-T-U-R-A-L products so there are tiny imperfections. You want 100% perfect then buy man-made.

That couple complaining about the mess - he is Brad Sherwood and I suppose is considered a star. He was on Drew Carey's Whose Line is it Anyway? I wonder if they were "overdoing" it for the cameras.

Admittedly, the couple was over the top on some of the other episodes.
    In this one, though, they showed all the debris that was left by the contractors. That's unacceptable, esp. if there are dogs that go out there. The items left were pretty hazardous.
    Jeff is shown as pretty OCD around his own house. He needs to realize that people whom he works for have a right to be that way, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3715265;
    I agree with your post, Harvest.
    I'm not a lawyer; I'm a musician. I have nothing to do with the real Mozart, except that I'm a pianist, and I love to play Mozart on the piano.
    I think that what Ryan did was unconshonable (sp) and dishonest.
    Ryan certainly betrayed Jeff, and I don't blame Jeff for severing (for now) all ties with Ryan.
    Jeff must feel devastated about this turn of events.
    Prospective customers clicked on a web site they thought was Jeff's.
    Then the website automatically directs the prospective customer to Ryan's design business - without telling the prospective customer.
    Only Ryan's office gets the phone calls and e-mails from prospective customers, and Jeff is not mentioned.
    Ryan gets the job.
    If Jeff wished to sue Ryan, I believe he'd have a good case.
    Ryan is SOOOOOO wrong (and so guilty!) I feel badly for Jeff. Googling my name and having it redirect to someone else's business website? - Oh,not to mention someone who's supposed to be my BEST friend?

Wow. Wonder how much business Ryan would be getting these days (and in this economy) if he wasn't featured on Jeff's show week after week. Hope Jeff and Ryan do part ways & Ryan is off the show for good.

I wonder if the site has been fixed to take Jeff's name totally off it???
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3715705;
    [QUOTE
    I wish I had given this one contractor a presentation of 'things left in my basement' including half an inch of dust that they left (never put down dust sheets, never vacuumed it up), a broken light bulb in the middle of the floor, caulk used as wallboard, wallboard used as garden decoration, etc. It got ugly.
    There is always going to be missed pieces of debris. It is inevitable with de-construction & re-construction however we do try to keep the messes to a minimum. We normally take all of the trash with us which we do charge a small fee for. Some customers don't want to pay $25 for us to remove the trash so then it is up to them to get rid of. Yes the place will be dusty but we try out best to get rid of most of it. I know how they left my home. It was really like no work had been done but was done.

Leaving trash piled up at a work site is actually illegal & the job can be shut down by inspectors. That is why dumpsters are needed at big jobs.

Trust me you would not believe what people try to lower their bill once the work is completed. They sign a contract stating taht 30% is due at signing, 30% is due upon delivery & 40% is due 10 days after the job is completed.

We actaully had a guy take a magnyfing glass to look over ever square inch of his cabinets, flooring & countertops. I mean sheesh...wood & granite are N-A-T-U-R-A-L products so there are tiny imperfections. You want 100% perfect then buy man-made.[/QUOTE]

The time I'm talking about was the very first time in my life I'd hired anyone to do work on my home and I didn't know what to do. I'm still having to fix their shoddy workmanship. I use a lady's list now to find good contractors.

+ Reply to Thread