+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

FORT Fogey

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3708758;
    I agree, some of the show is scripted.

I mean the questions he asked Shawn before he hired him.....no way would he get away with that IRL. So I think he just "threw that out there" about #2! An employer cannot possibly get away with not allowing an employee to use the facilities when they are at work.

AND I also remember that epi with the poo under the porch!! I actually think it was Jenni's ex Chris that he made clean it up.
    Well, on RHONJ Dina asked that princess if he would clean up cat poo or give the smelly thing a bath while accepting hugs and kisses as wages.

I'd have kept Shawn on but just for decorative value.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3710391;
    Trying to not be graphic but think about a white liquid that comes out of a male's body.

As for not doing #2 at work, the office is in his home so techinally he can make that rule. I would bet his employees know that fact before they accept the job. If they don't like it they are not being forced to take the job. I am curious as to what happens when it is "that time of the month" for Jenni & other female employees.

Knowing first-hand from being in the construction business, they ones with them money are the hardest to get paid from. The remark that bronde woman said about the one contractor not cashing her check for 8 days doesn't mean he doesn't need the money. It might take us a week to get to the bank to deposit a check.
    I would think there would be health and safety regulations about the bathroom rules. Besides which would Jeff want them squirming around as it were in front of clients? As far as 'that time of the month' I wonder if they're not required to either have a hysterectomy or stay on the edge of the property, wearing a bell and shouting "unclean! unclean!" until five clear days have passed.

That remark was ridiculous. If she knowingly writes bad checks, that's a crime, unless they're post-dated. I think it is even if she tells somebody not to cash them until a certain day, as long as they're not post-dated. A check is a bearer negotiable instrument, not an IOU. If the bank gets it and it's not stale they will process it. If I am a holder in due course, I have the right to negotiate it for either cash or to endorse it on in payment of a debt (with the next holder's agreement of course).

The entire system of checks would sieze up if people could pull this "I know it says today but really it's not good until three days hence" on a big scale. Who would ever accept checks, what bank would cash them if that were common. As such her behaviour violates the categorical imperative and I'm also certain it's illegal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3710510;
    If Jeff is going to act like a 10 year-old boy and teach Chloe bad stuff, I simply wouldn't let him near her. Grow up, Jeff. Thank God you are NOT her father.

I don't understand what it is with wealthy people who don't feel compelled to pay their bills on time. If she didn't have the money to begin with, she never should have had the work done. Apparently this happens a lot. I read British history a lot, and the poor tradesmen often have a terrible time collecting from Lord this and that.
    I think that was 'years gone by.' The gentry can't just take things from shopkeepers on credit of their name any more.

I don't think there's as much cap doffing and grovelling before Lord and Lady Muck and the rest of them that's above us as there was. We've forgotten our places, we have!

It's this 'democracy.' Which is all very well until you give it to the people.

[That remark was ridiculous. If she knowingly writes bad checks, that's a crime, unless they're post-dated. I think it is even if she tells somebody not to cash them until a certain day, as long as they're not post-dated. A check is a bearer negotiable instrument, not an IOU. If the bank gets it and it's not stale they will process it. If I am a holder in due course, I have the right to negotiate it for either cash or to endorse it on in payment of a debt (with the next holder's agreement of course).

The entire system of checks would sieze up if people could pull this "I know it says today but really it's not good until three days hence" on a big scale. Who would ever accept checks, what bank would cash them if that were common. As such her behaviour violates the categorical imperative and I'm also certain it's illegal.[/QUOTE]

We've had it happen more than once, we get a check & then a phone call to not cash it. We have stopped work on projects until checks are made good. Not connecting sinks and toilets ensures the home won't pass inspection & without an inspection they can't occupy the home.
    It is the ones who claim to have money that give us the biggest problems. We've most likley already paid for those cabinets, countertops or even the labor so they are basically now holding us up so we have to hold up their occupancy. We are not a bank & do not do financing. We charge a 18% finance charge on balances past 60 days.
    These are the ones who have the Mercedes tastes with VW Beetle budgets. At least I know I have the VW budget & am happy to be able to afford the VW.

I was amazed that Jeff won't allow a #2 in his office. What happens if you suddenly develop a stomach flu like he did?

Although it is of course inappropriate to teach a 2-year-old those things, I couldn't help laughing when I told hubby all the things Jeff had taught Chloe. He is so funny and clever. Not having to actually be the target of his humor, we gotta love him. Other gems from this episode:

Client re. paint color: “I like the pearl necklace.” Jeff:”I just don’t want it to look dirty. I don’t want it to be like a dirty white.”

Re. the intern’s shorts – “Daisy Dukes with money” ….“You know, I’m not a really religious guy, but I do pray for opportunities to make fun of people.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3714272;
    Although it is of course inappropriate to teach a 2-year-old those things, I couldn't help laughing when I told hubby all the things Jeff had taught Chloe. He is so funny and clever. Not having to actually be the target of his humor, we gotta love him. Other gems from this episode:

Client re. paint color: “I like the pearl necklace.” Jeff:”I just don’t want it to look dirty. I don’t want it to be like a dirty white.”

Re. the intern’s shorts – “Daisy Dukes with money” ….“You know, I’m not a really religious guy, but I do pray for opportunities to make fun of people.”

I had forgotten all about that one. Didn't he follow it up with something like ... "and today my prayers were answered"?
    Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.

FORT Fanatic

I just can't imagine being willing to go on national TV with my life. Of course, my life is so boring no one would watch, but still..

I think Jeff was pretty harsh with the couple who complained about the mess the electricians left. Yes, they were OCD about it, but clients should not have to clean up after a work crew. Jeff wouldn't allow anybody to do that to him, so he shouldn't have done that to them.
    I think the breakup with Ryan was totally unnecessary and harsh.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Any lawyers on the boards here? Question: if someone "sponsors a link" of somebody else's name, or their business under their name, isn't that really hijacking somebody else's property? I know that major corporations sued and won when random people had registered their domain names in the early days of the internet. I would think the same principle would apply to individuals and smaller businesses, that a court would back up the notion that you "own" your own name and tell the other party to cease and desist.

Ryan admitted that if someone called from the site and did not specifically ask for Jeff, they would not mention Jeff. That feels like a huge betrayal, and Ryan did not allow Jeff any type of emotional closure over that. Jeff's dad also did not acknowledge the emotional component because his advice was all about the money train. In any relationship people are not going to totally live up to each other's expectations, so there is some amount of betrayal, loss, and grief that will happen, but when the "offending party" does not own up to what they did, it leaves the other person stuck and not able to easily process what happened.

This situation seems a lot more serious than the usual screw-ups that Jeff can deal with through humor, passive aggression, or OCD. It is a primary relationship in his life that he is afraid of losing, and so he can't really fully say what needs to be said or even explore the legal implications of that internet thing -- this just based on what was shown on the program, assuming Jeff hadn't been told and that there was not some kind of prior agreement about his name being linked to Ryan's site, or what Ryan's office would do when someone called.

I agree with your post, Harvest.
    I'm not a lawyer; I'm a musician. I have nothing to do with the real Mozart, except that I'm a pianist, and I love to play Mozart on the piano.
    I think that what Ryan did was unconshonable (sp) and dishonest.
    Ryan certainly betrayed Jeff, and I don't blame Jeff for severing (for now) all ties with Ryan.
    Jeff must feel devastated about this turn of events.
    Prospective customers clicked on a web site they thought was Jeff's.
    Then the website automatically directs the prospective customer to Ryan's design business - without telling the prospective customer.
    Only Ryan's office gets the phone calls and e-mails from prospective customers, and Jeff is not mentioned.
    Ryan gets the job.
    If Jeff wished to sue Ryan, I believe he'd have a good case.
    Marti

+ Reply to Thread