+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

FORT Regular

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3709501;
    Hmmm...I really did not notice.

Chloe is such a cutie. I roared when Ryan asked Jeff "not to teach her bad things anymore because when they ask her what she wants to drink at preschool she says "Chardonnay"...

I remember last season with the "bad baby" and throwing the doll on the floor...

BUT what the heck is going on with Ryan and his design group and linking Jeff's name to his site and the calls all going to Brown Designs???
    It's definitely an unethical if not illegal stunt for Ryan to pull. Jeff may be a bit crazy but at least I think he has standards. I would NEVER give a contractor/designer a big chunk of money up front. The last work I had done, the payments were divided into fourths. One fourth at the start and the rest divided up with certain guidlines that had to be met before the money was dispersed. The last quarter was held to the end and the work was TOTALLY done. I wouldn't trust Ryan to cut my lawn let alone turn him loose in my house.

What's the "joke" behind the "pearl necklace"? I know it has to be something sexual, call me niave, but I don't get it. Can someone clue me in?

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3710051;
    What's the "joke" behind the "pearl necklace"? I know it has to be something sexual, call me niave, but I don't get it. Can someone clue me in?
    It's sexual but there's no real cleaned up way to explain it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3710051;
    Trying to not be graphic but think about a white liquid that comes out of a male's body.

As for not doing #2 at work, the office is in his home so techinally he can make that rule. I would bet his employees know that fact before they accept the job. If they don't like it they are not being forced to take the job. I am curious as to what happens when it is "that time of the month" for Jenni & other female employees.

Knowing first-hand from being in the construction business, they ones with them money are the hardest to get paid from. The remark that bronde woman said about the one contractor not cashing her check for 8 days doesn't mean he doesn't need the money. It might take us a week to get to the bank to deposit a check.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3710391;
    Trying to not be graphic but think about a white liquid that comes out of a male's body.

As for not doing #2 at work, the office is in his home so techinally he can make that rule. I would bet his employees know that fact before they accept the job. If they don't like it they are not being forced to take the job. I am curious as to what happens when it is "that time of the month" for Jenni & other female employees.

Knowing first-hand from being in the construction business, they ones with them money are the hardest to get paid from. The remark that bronde woman said about the one contractor not cashing her check for 8 days doesn't mean he doesn't need the money. It might take us a week to get to the bank to deposit a check.
    No, he can't. It would not stand up in a CA court of law.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FoRTer

I like this show, and don't catch it near as often as I'd like, but did see the last episode. It was fun to see Jeff laughing and acting silly (being a "bad influence" with Chloe, and joking about that paint color)... is this a new side of him they're showing, or have I just missed it until now? I appreciate his usual dry and composed humor, but it was nice to see him being a bit giggly.

FORT Fanatic

If Jeff is going to act like a 10 year-old boy and teach Chloe bad stuff, I simply wouldn't let him near her. Grow up, Jeff. Thank God you are NOT her father.

I don't understand what it is with wealthy people who don't feel compelled to pay their bills on time. If she didn't have the money to begin with, she never should have had the work done. Apparently this happens a lot. I read British history a lot, and the poor tradesmen often have a terrible time collecting from Lord this and that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3703693;
    Last night was a show about a client who kept stringing them along. If she gave them checks, she warned them not to cash them for a while. Jeff finally decided to go ahead and pay the contractors and wait for the checks to be ok to cash.

Who would want to go on national TV and be shown as a dead beat? I don't get it. Are people so desperate to be on TV? How sad.
    I hardly ever watch that show but I couldn't get over that woman's shameful antics. I would never have the front to act like that especially if I OWED MONEY to the person I was shouting at.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3705815;
    Major crush on Jeff - yes, I know he's gay. Still crushing. His dry sense of humor never misses a beat! It must be a challenge to have a close relationship with him, though. He can be a little *ahem* harsh at times, but he always seems to make up for it in the end, and seems to have a huge heart.
    Yes, I'd always heard he was this huge a**hole and really mean but he is just under TREMENDOUS pressure all the time, keeping clients and contractors happy, always being in the middle. I do think it's insane to require employees to take only 30 seconds in the bathroom and that they're not allowed to do "number two" on the clock but honestly, I doubt if that's really the case.

I'd have been annoyed at an employee who showed up late, walked straight into the bathroom and spent 20 minutes in there, unless she were genuinely ill.

He really seemed to be concerned about the contractors' well being. Understandably since he needs to work with them again.

And while contractors aren't shiftless and lazy, they do have their perspectives on things. Top end clients are also very demanding.

I like Jeff. I know it was inappropriate, utterly, the things he taught Chloe but I laughed out loud when she said her favourite drink was Chardonnay!

I feel protective towards him for some reason.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3708200;
    In one of the episodes, he had not ordered the Porta-Potties and the workmen had "gone" number 2 under a porch. As I remember he didn't order the porta-potties because he was too cheap. Anybody remember this episode or did I just dream it????
    Eeeewwwww I've gone off him now.

+ Reply to Thread