+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 80 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

good summary, momrek06 -

Jeff did tell Zoila the cameras were there - but she was the only one.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3700890;
    good summary, momrek06 -

Jeff did tell Zoila the cameras were there - but she was the only one.
    Thanks, ic!! Ohh, ok!! Zoila!

Did this happen last season or two seasons ago...seems like it has been awhile BUT maybe not?

Mom,
    I just started watching last season and I believe it happened then.
    However, all these shows have a habit or repeating / showing the old stuff and sometimes it goes back a lot more than the current season they're showing.
    Still, I am about positive that the guy got fired last year / season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

Last night was a show about a client who kept stringing them along. If she gave them checks, she warned them not to cash them for a while. Jeff finally decided to go ahead and pay the contractors and wait for the checks to be ok to cash.

Who would want to go on national TV and be shown as a dead beat? I don't get it. Are people so desperate to be on TV? How sad.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

I think this is just the third season, so the camera thing would have happened this past season. Season 2
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3703693;
    Last night was a show about a client who kept stringing them along. If she gave them checks, she warned them not to cash them for a while. Jeff finally decided to go ahead and pay the contractors and wait for the checks to be ok to cash.

Who would want to go on national TV and be shown as a dead beat? I don't get it. Are people so desperate to be on TV? How sad.
    There's something really, really off about that client. I think she has no money, never did, & no checks coming from an ex-husband, and I'd bet she set out from the start to use Jeff to get her house remodeled, and she never intended to pay for any of it. Gotta wonder, though, why someone would knowingly be filmed doing that. It was really, really bizarre how she cut off each conversation about money - she eyed the camera while saying the conversation is over. And anyway, what ex-husband pays for his ex-wife's renovation so she can live their with her new boyfriend before flipping his ex-house . . .??? Maybe that's life in Hollywood.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3696456;
    We love Jenny and have a hard time believing she wouldn't be able to find a date.
    The fact that she is still working for Jeff sends up red flags for me. It's an either or. Either they are friends as well as boss and employee or they are just boss and employee. So, if they are friends then when he starts one of rants it would be time to tell him to STFU. She must like the abuse. She's co-dependent or something.

I've never really seen this show, but watched it the other day and I was impressed that he thanked her and told her she did a good job. I thought he was a jerk, but it didn't seem like it from this show.

I also thought he handled the problem client very well, and it was her (Jackie?) that went off the rails at him.

Maybe I'll start watching it more now that I've seen he isn't the raging jerk I had the impression of previously.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3705691;
    I've never really seen this show, but watched it the other day and I was impressed that he thanked her and told her she did a good job. I thought he was a jerk, but it didn't seem like it from this show.

I also thought he handled the problem client very well, and it was her (Jackie?) that went off the rails at him.

Maybe I'll start watching it more now that I've seen he isn't the raging jerk I had the impression of previously.
    He definitely flips out quite often, hence the name of the show, and says some awful things, but you can see that he does care about the people around him. That's why he was so angry about the problem client not paying the money, not just for his sake, but the workers. That's why he paid them himself. I don't think that was for tv either. He had a genuine reason behind paying them. He seemed to understand that their rent still has to be paid, that they actually need the paycheck to live, not just to be able to order a couch as he said. And even though he fired that guy on the last episode he gave him extra money in his paycheck. I've heard him mention having people depending on him to pay their salaries. I think it's a major consideration for him. Shows his human side after all! Makes his foibles more understandable.

FORT Fogey

Major crush on Jeff - yes, I know he's gay. Still crushing. His dry sense of humor never misses a beat! It must be a challenge to have a close relationship with him, though. He can be a little *ahem* harsh at times, but he always seems to make up for it in the end, and seems to have a huge heart.

+ Reply to Thread