+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

I really like the show and am glad its back. I hope by this time he's in a relationship. I would really like to see how Jeff interacts with someone he's intimate with. Plus, interestingly, I noticed the new house assitant is a woman; I've noticed he plays a lot less mind games with the women who work for him; Jenny and Zoila. His interactions and teasing with them have a lot of affection tied to it.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

I agree his interactions with the women seem to be much more caring and with love.

FORT Fanatic

I have always found it interesting that Zoila never makes lunch. Instead, he has an assistant get it and I assume he pays for lunch for several people. Why don't they just make sandwiches - they could even make their own sandwich. It would be a lot cheaper than going out to lunch.

Does Zoila make his dinner? Does he make his own? These are burning questions of the day for me!

I know a lot of people that go out to lunch instead of make it even if able to. For a lot of people these days it comes as some shock that you don't have to go out to lunch and that is a way to cut back on budgets and so forth.

I also thought Zoila was more of a housekeeper than a cook. I've seen her dusting, vacuuming, straightening up etc. Now I have to really think if I have ever seen her cooking. Hmmmm.....

Jeff and others from the show were guest judges on Top Chef Masters. They said that they consider themselves junk/fast food experts. That's why they judged the junk food challenge. They said that they're all too busy to deal with real food. He said that they eat at all of the fast food chains Carl's, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box etc... Jeff would probably rather have Zoila organizing cans than spending time cooking and washing dishes. I agree that she's more of a housekeeper and not a cook. I love the way that Jeff teases her and she comes back with "shut up Jeff". I wonder how many times a day she says that to him?

I think Zoila does cook for Jeff sometimes, guys. I read something recently where he was joking that she 'tried to do him in w/ bad bacon' or something to that effect. Maybe she just cooks breakfast and/or meals where he doesn't have a lot of guests? Those work lunches would be quite a bit of organization every day -- even it's usually sandwiches.

One thing about living in NYC and LA though, too, is even the faster food is pretty high standard. So combine that w/ being busy as tvaholic said, and it becomes pretty habitual.

Anyone watch tonight's episode?

I was so sad to hear that Ryan and his partner wanted to get married but didn't rush into it not thinking that their right to do so would be revoked.

The new clients are wild and crazy, aren't they? I loved the PJ party, though.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3675916;
    I would really like to see how Jeff interacts with someone he's intimate with.
    Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3673390;
    I wouldn't want to work for him either though. lol
    Poor Ryan has had to deal w/ Jeff both as a romantic and a business partner! Tough to see them argue this week. Seems they argued as a couple, too. When they did the house exorcism they talked about fighting a lot there when they were living there together, or at least I thought that's what they were referring to -- maybe they meant business arguments, though.

Jeff's biggest conflicts w/ others stem from his perfectionism. I think it's easier to take both b/c he's very hard on himself as well as the fact that he can be self-deprecating and laugh about it as was mentioned upthread.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3678050;
    He said that they eat at all of the fast food chains Carl's, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box etc...
    Sorry for the triple post but my eyes skipped right over this the first time I looked at your post, tvaholic. They reallly are junk foodies if they hit up the chains! I thought it was a little more upscale than that.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3678975;
    One thing about living in NYC and LA though, too, is even the faster food is pretty high standard.

I'm amazed at how much money they must spend for those crap lunches.

The new clients are wild and crazy, aren't they? I loved the PJ party, though.
    I fast forwarded past most of the PJ party -- completely staged & phony. Those clients just wanted some Bravo air time. Actually, this season they're showing too many 'clients' for my taste. I'd rather see him bicker with his staff & Ryan . . . but that's just me.

+ Reply to Thread