+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Yes! That was my first thought when I saw Jenni. She does look an awful lot like JLD.

I like the maid too.

And I like seeing the before and after pics of the work he has done.

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. He has several properties going at the same time, money is getting tight, and he really is starting to flip out!

It's too bad this is being sold as a "flipping" show, it is so much more than that. Jeff (the flipper) is OCD and as he says at one point, he finally found a career that celebrates his "illness". The six or so people who work for him are there mainly because they have created a family for him. Two guys who run errands and take care of his pets (he likes them more than his staff), Jenni his assistant who does indeed look like Julia Louise Dryfuss and makes him call her his "Executive" assistant. Zoila his housekeeper who does little work but is great with the pets, (I think 3 dogs and two cats). Jenni's husband who is referred to as the "Trash Guy" because his sole job is to clear up the job sites and his buisness partner, Ryan who is also his ex lover.

This show definitely is worth a look. Next show on Tuesday.

Yeah, I also loved the line about how his career validates and celebrates his disorder. We should all be so lucky! I keep wanting to give him a hug (he'd probably hate that!) when he says or does something endearing, like when he wished all the best in the house blessing to the future owners and tenants. It really is important to have quirky but likable "characters" for these shows to be watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2498152;
    I did think that his two house assistants were totally useless and the one deserved to fired. Personally, I would love the job as I would like to learn the business.
    Me too! And I could clear/feng shui houses for him as well. I wonder if they are being flooded with applications. If the pay was right, I'd love to move down to LA. Guess his psychic would have to tell him if the person is right for the job. I do think from what was on the show that the new psychic seemed like the "real deal," whereas the other one (on the previous episode) was a bit bogus (although she did ground that room - you could tell because all the pets came into the "sacred circle" they had just created. Animals are supposed to be drawn to that energy. Maybe she should have taken the cat to the vet -- although a vet who gives "catupuncture" is a bit much! They need to add that to their prayers -- everyone to their right livelihood.)
    Last edited by Harvest; 08-16-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Thoughts on the latest episode?

You know that light-colored sofa in the Valley Oak house? I love that. I wonder where they got it.

Do you think he overreacted about the onions? I can kind of understand. The assistant should really be checking that. It's not too much to ask not to get onions on your food imo!

At first I thought he was overreacting about the computer, but then I thought the issue is not that the bookmarks were erased, but that the guy had to have erased them and then lied about it. Those things don't just erase themselves.

Not over yet.....

I love this show. I can't believe there is only one episode left.

FORT Regular

I liked him much better in the other episodes that I have seen. I have only watched about half of this one and I think I would have shoved him through a window by now if I worked with him. Still, it is a very interesting show.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryIsMine;2551259;
    I think I would have shoved him through a window by now if I worked with him.
    But imagine what it must be like to be him. Torture! All those people you are paying to work for you screwing up, lying, goofing off, etc., the food place always putting onions in your food instead of honoring a simple request, all torture to someone who is aware of and personally capable of executing tasks at an excellent level -- so in his mind he is probably thinking if he notices these things and puts forth the effort to achieve excellent results, what is everybody else's excuse?

At least he is rich, whereas I have the same experiences but am not making money because I can't be a Martha Stewart type and berate people who are not performing up to par. That doesn't mean it doesn't upset me when people lie to me and/or screw up what they have promised to do, or when they give rotten customer service and it makes me wonder how someone like that ever got hired or can keep their job.

I think this is a great show, but mostly because I love looking at Ryan - man is he ever hot! jeff is not too bad either, they would make a very cute couple. Maybe season two can be all about Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2550921;
    You know that light-colored sofa in the Valley Oak house? I love that. I wonder where they got it.

Do you think he overreacted about the onions? I can kind of understand. The assistant should really be checking that. It's not too much to ask not to get onions on your food imo!

At first I thought he was overreacting about the computer, but then I thought the issue is not that the bookmarks were erased, but that the guy had to have erased them and then lied about it. Those things don't just erase themselves.
    Probably not over reacting to the onions since he is an obsessive/compulsive individual. In fact most o/c's are much worse than Jeff.

+ Reply to Thread