+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Did anyone else see Jenni, Jeff, & Zoila on "The Soup" last week? It was pretty funny.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

You have to give him credit for having a sense of humor about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3160772;
    You have to give him credit for having a sense of humor about himself.
    I think that he does and I don't understand why so many think that he doesn't.

I think Jeff is really self aware, and I think he is well aware of his issues. I think he has a sarcastic sense of humor about himself that comes off as sheer arrogance when he really wants to be funny too. I had a professor in undergrad that reminds me a lot of Jeff with the obsessive thing and my prof used to get a little bummed out when he made a smart remark about his stuff and no one laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3161885;
    I think Jeff is really self aware, and I think he is well aware of his issues.
    Too self aware - I wish Jeff was more "off the hook" like last season because it made for funnier t.v. I was laughing a lot harder last season altho I do still love this show.

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3162427;
    Too self aware - I wish Jeff was more "off the hook" like last season because it made for funnier t.v. I was laughing a lot harder last season altho I do still love this show.

I agree. I don't like Jeff either way. But in the past season, it seemed like he was super OCD and that's why he was off-putting. But this season it seems like he's aware of the OCD, has some sort of control over it, but just acts like an a-hole anyway. Like with Chris Kessler. He made a huge deal over the missing guacamole, but not because he was going to lose his mind if he didn't have it exactly how he wanted it, he did it just to be a dink and make an a$$ out of Chris K. So, this season, to me, he seems less funny and even more of a jerk.

It's just so obviously scripted this season. Jeff was somewhat OCD last season, and this season he's being coached severely to be a controlling dink. If he really were so controlling he'd be a dink without the smirk. Did that make sense? LOL.

FORT Regular

Geez you guys are hard on Zoila!

Editing aside, does it not matter to anyone that CHRIS K himself said in his blog that Zoila actually came to his defense and wanted to follow him in the car to pick him up? It may have looked like she was ganging up on him with Jeff but according to Chris himself, that was not the case... She merely made a couple of jokes about him being a celebrity and too good to take the bus, but in actuality she was trying to help him!

Don't believe that events on these shows are exactly as presented to you... A LOT depends on editing.

If Chris K himself defends Zoila and makes numerous comments on how she is so interesting, funny, and that it was a pleasure to know her, listen to the stories of her life, and work with her (which he says repeatedly on his blogs) I don't think it's our place to villify her for an incomplete scene that was edited to look a certain way that the principal character in the scene later said was inaccurate, as Chris K DID.

If you don't like her personality, fine, but don't keep referencing an event that the principal character himself has refuted happened as shown to us.

And sorry, but to the person who objected to Zoila taking out the nice EXPENSIVE car to do her errands, and wondering about her driving aptitude. I think a statement like that is very suspect. It's ok for Chris K to do his errands in Jeff's "pimp rides" but not Zoila? Even though she is older and has been there longer? And yet a previous poster states she "almost died when she took out the expensive car to do errands" WOW what a strong statement! And with no reason to it other than they don't like Zoila. I would prefer to not speculate why Zoila taking out a fancy car makes this person "almost die" but when Chris or anyone else does the same thing. it's fine. No "almost dying" situation. Jeff obviously respects and feels comfortable with her competance driving and managing his home, so it's really not our business to make unduly harsh unverified statements about her actions with absolutely no basis. She drove just fine in that scene. Chris K was more of an erratic driver than she was, talking heatedly and animatedly on his cell phone, head wildly bobbing, calling his boss a "doooooochebag" ('acting' perhaps?) while driving the car. At least Zoila seemed to be concentrating on the matter at hand which was driving to a store to run an errand.

We all have internal biases that affect what we post, but if I were the person who wrote how they "almost died" when Zoila took out the nice car, I would examine my motives thoroughly.
    Last edited by obtessed4sure; 08-11-2008 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obtessed4sure;3163226;
    Geez you guys are hard on Zoila!

Editing aside, does it not matter to anyone that CHRIS K himself said in his blog that Zoila actually came to his defense and wanted to follow him in the car to pick him up? It may have looked like she was ganging up on him with Jeff but according to Chris himself, that was not the case... She merely made a couple of jokes about him being a celebrity and too good to take the bus, but in actuality she was trying to help him!

Don't believe that events on these shows are exactly as presented to you... A LOT depends on editing.

If Chris K himself defends Zoila and makes numerous comments on how she is so interesting, funny, and that it was a pleasure to know her, listen to the stories of her life, and work with her (which he says repeatedly on his blogs) I don't think it's our place to villify her for an incomplete scene that was edited to look a certain way that the principal character in the scene later said was inaccurate, as Chris K DID.

If you don't like her personality, fine, but don't keep referencing an event that the principal character himself has refuted happened as shown to us.

And sorry, but to the person who objected to Zoila taking out the nice EXPENSIVE car to do her errands, and wondering about her driving aptitude. I think a statement like that is very suspect. It's ok for Chris K to do his errands in Jeff's "pimp rides" but not Zoila? Even though she is older and has been there longer? And yet a previous poster states she "almost died when she took out the expensive car to do errands" WOW what a strong statement! And with no reason to it other than they don't like Zoila. I would prefer to not speculate why Zoila taking out a fancy car makes this person "almost die" but when Chris or anyone else does the same thing. it's fine. No "almost dying" situation. Jeff obviously respects and feels comfortable with her competance driving and managing his home, so it's really not our business to make unduly harsh unverified statements about her actions with absolutely no basis. She drove just fine in that scene. Chris K was more of an erratic driver than she was, talking heatedly and animatedly on his cell phone, head wildly bobbing, calling his boss a "doooooochebag" ('acting' perhaps?) while driving the car. At least Zoila seemed to be concentrating on the matter at hand which was driving to a store to run an errand.

We all have internal biases that affect what we post, but if I were the person who wrote how they "almost died" when Zoila took out the nice car, I would examine my motives thoroughly.
    It's so nice to have someone else defend Zoila! Like you, I thought that it was odd that her driving abilities were questioned. I assume that she has done plenty of errands for Jeff. I also assume that she does a good job for him or he wouldn't have her as an employee.

obtessed4sure, thank you for posting. I too felt 'weird' about some of the comments about Zoila, but didn't want to infer anything about them.

I was surprised tonight when Andy Cohen began his interview by saying the the viewers thought Jeff was more of jerk this season as opposed to last season. I was surprised and it looked like Jeff was, too. I really thought that viewers liked him better this season.

+ Reply to Thread