+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3157706;
    I saw a couple of episodes last season and remember not liking Jeff at all, for that I had no intention to watch season 2 but being a remodeling show junkie I tuned in and I have to say, I love Jeff. He is absolutely hilarious. Jenni is adorable, I think she looks and sounds like Betty Boop. Zoila is a hoot too. I also agree with Candor above, I'd love to see two shows, one with just the flip and one with the Jeff Lewis 'family'. One thing I'd like more background on is the Jennie/Chris relationship. Because I didn't watch last season and came in late this season I was surprised to see they were married. What a strange thing to play out on the show. Does anyone know if they were together long? Did they meet while working for Jeff?
    I agree that the flip part is fun to watch. That's why this show is good. They actually have jobs that are interesting to watch so BRAVO doesn't have to make up fake situations (at least I believe that they're real) to give us something to watch (like Kathy Griffin). I think that someone said that Jenny and Chris have been together 11 years. Jenny COULD play Betty Boob! She's so cute. I love her.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3157706;
    I saw a couple of episodes last season and remember not liking Jeff at all, for that I had no intention to watch season 2 but being a remodeling show junkie I tuned in and I have to say, I love Jeff. He is absolutely hilarious. Jenni is adorable, I think she looks and sounds like Betty Boop. Zoila is a hoot too. I also agree with Candor above, I'd love to see two shows, one with just the flip and one with the Jeff Lewis 'family'. One thing I'd like more background on is the Jennie/Chris relationship. Because I didn't watch last season and came in late this season I was surprised to see they were married. What a strange thing to play out on the show. Does anyone know if they were together long? Did they meet while working for Jeff?
    Jenni and Chris were together for 10 years, married 8. Chris actually worked for Jeff first. They have been on a few movies/shoes together through the years.

FORT Fan

Thanks for the info, that's really sad for Chris and Jenni. Now I totally get why she was crying as hard as she was when she was in the car with Jeff. I had no idea they were together that long. I'm sure the firing wasn't the cause of their breakup, I'm interested to see the reunion.

FORT Newbie

I really like everyone on this show except for Jeff (and Zoila, who will mindlessly go along with any of the hatefulness that Jeff doles out). I know that a lot of people like him, but I find him to be nothing more than an abusive, mean-spirited bully, and I don't think there is anything funny (or interesting) about that. I concede that if people put up with him it's their own fault for taking it, but I really find him to be hateful, immoral and spiritually bankrupt. Maybe others are seeing something in him that I am missing?
    Last edited by Gold Dust Woman; 08-08-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Dust Woman;3159994;
    I really like everyone on this show except for Jeff (and Zoila, who will mindlessly go along with any of the hatefulness that Jeff doles out). I know that a lot of people like him, but I find him to be nothing more than an abusive, mean-spirited bully, and I don't think there is anything funny (or interesting) about that. I concede that if people put up with him it's their own fault for taking it, but I really find him to be hateful, immoral and spiritually bankrupt. Maybe others are seeing something in him that I am missing?
    I agree with you completely in every respect, Gold Dust Woman. Jeff is abusive to the nth degree and blaming it on being OCD is no excuse. He must be paying these people a fortune to put up with him. I doubt he could pay me enough.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

AMEN to everything you've written. I have watched because I was hoping he gets some sort of come uppence, but no.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3150744;
    I watched this for the first time a couple of days ago. It took me awhile to get over Jeff's lips ( I didn't know men got those awful injections too ). Then, when I heard he was only 38, I was shocked. Chris II seemed really nice, so I could understand how he would want out of that place. The housekeeper is truly nasty and arrogant. Some say she is just making fun of Jeff; I think she is just a *****. I also couldnh't understand why Jeff made a point of saying how he chose the least expensive painter; then complained when he did such a sub par job. Gee, he's making a lot of money on these places - why can't he just hire somebody qualified. Have to admit the show does get a bit addicting - I watched 2 episodes the other night. But, I have to ask, do these people get a little likeable as time goes by??
    THis is just a thought but I don't believe the painters were sub-par, I was thinking the remarks by Jeff were a way for Jeff to belittle and demean someone who had the guts to point out that Jeff was in the wrong. I doubt Jeff, being the meticulous little nutjob that he is, would settle for hiring a sub-par company. Jeff just wanted to humilate the painters on tv because the guy spoke up for himself. He wanted to degrade the guy by pointing out he wasn't any good, just the cheapest. Don't think that's necessarily true. It was a stupid remark to make on tv as it would lead clients to believe jeff does shoddy work.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

the budget Jeff has to work with is seperate from household budget , which is where she would have gotten the money for the playset. He had no right to to reprimend her at all. It's Jeff being a pill, control freak and general a-hole. And people putting up with it.
    the painter isn't being paid minimum wage, Jessie put in the lowest bid out of all the contractors. Jeff said what he said to Jessie not because it was true (the work is sub-par and he's dirt cheap) but because jessie dared to confront him about the way Jeff is handling things. Jeff can't handle being told he is in the wrong so he lashes out by degrading and humilating the people who hbe percieves as attacking him personaly. It's ridiculous, he treats people like crap, but he cannot handle anyone even remotley suggesting he is in the wrong. Petty and insecure.

Zoila is nobody's fool, she knows darned well who signs her checks. Chris K. is the only one with the cojones to tell Jeff that he couldn't work under Jeff's work conditions.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3160549;
    Zoila is nobody's fool, she knows darned well who signs her checks. Chris K. is the only one with the cojones to tell Jeff that he couldn't work under Jeff's work conditions.
    The person who signs one's checks notwithstanding, I still think people have to take responsibility for their own actions. Yeah, Chris K. can actually leave the show with his head held high.

+ Reply to Thread