+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3152522;
    Yes. I'm not a mother, but I would say it's the most important occupation there is.

It defines who we become. The fact that Jeff's parents never held him and his mom wasn't around has made him partly who he is...

Totally agree with you. The show didn't give his dad a good edit, just wanting Jeff for what money he can scam out of him.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3152384;
    I found it interesting that Rita Verreo's caption said "Single Mom". Oh, is that an occupation?
    Luvsginger, me thinks you may not be a parent..... "Mother" as an occupation? Ginge, you don't know the half of it!

Zoila totally delights in Jeff berrating others. I wonder if she has some kind of health issue which makes her unable to do simple house maintenance, like letting the pets out or wiping down the counters in the kitchen, or even making lunch/picking up lunch for the crew. I almost died when they showed her using the expensive car to go to the store ... does she have a driver's license?? I thought another show said she didn't.

Yes, I totally agree that she takes delight when he is mean to others. I disliked her the most of all - I think Jeff realizes he is a pain, but Zoila doesn't know that she is.
    I don't think she has a health issue. She doesn't seem to like to do anything other than take delight in others' being browbeat by Jeff. I am hoping he wakes up to how evil and lazy she is and fires her. Sorry, but she's just a really mean woman who does nothing.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-02-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: incorrect first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3152768;
    Luvsginger, me thinks you may not be a parent..... "Mother" as an occupation? Ginge, you don't know the half of it!
    I am a mother of two beautiful children who happen to be the loves of my life. What I was referring to is most of the contestants will have what they do for a living under their name. Examples being, "sales manager", "teacher", "IT tech" but never mentioning that they are parents. For example, Yauman is a father of two, do they say "married, father of two"? No, they say "IT tech" or whatever his job is.

I have to come (again) to Zoila's defense. Just because Jeff makes snide remarks about her not working and taking naps doesn't mean that she does. Jeff says it with a grin on his face! He's kidding! She probably gives the whole house a once over every day. Sweeps the floors, cleans the baths and vacuums the rugs. Jeff has OCD!!! He expects that, as a given, EVERY DAY! I'm not sure how big the house is but I'm sure that it takes her a few hours just on the basics. She does laundry, cleans toilets, windows. She is full time housekeeper! Jeff doesn't put up with people who don't pull their weight. He likes her because she gets his humor and doesn't get offended when he turns it on her AND she works hard. His house is spotless and perfect. It doesn't stay that way without someone keeping up on the chores. I'm sure that she has picked up her share of dog poop and wiped the counters and cleaned and straightened the refrigerator. It's only an hour show that's on for what? 6 weeks? If all they showed was Zoila cleaning, I would get bored pretty fast. In a nut shell. Jeff can joke all he wants but he wouldn't have her there if she didn't do her job.
    Last edited by tvaholic; 08-02-2008 at 02:36 AM. Reason: mistake

There's just something about the Zoila thing that is a little off, to me at least. I think he keeps her around because she's one of his "strays", and she knows to keep him amused. She watches and enjoys the discomfort of others. Watch her face when he's out of control "parenting" one of his employees. She's not uncomfortable for them, she's sharing in Jeff's joy.

My response to him doling out consequences so they will learn ... "I already have parents. If you feel the need to control, get therapy. Fire me or get over it." Yes, I'd be fired but if more people responded to him this way maybe HE'D have a 'learning experience' on how to deal with real people instead of reality hams. This is of course if these people are actual employees of his.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

I was very disappointed in Zoila last week as she seemed to take delight in the guy leaving. Someone made a comment that Jeff treats his pets better than he does his staff, and there is a lot of truth in that.

I agree that everyone came down pretty hard on "new Chris". I really didn't understand it considering that he seemed to be a pretty hard worker. When Jeff caught "old Chris" screwing off he said that "OC" had been giving "NC" his work to do too. I don't know why "NC" thought that he could move up the ladder in just 3 months. Jeff probably gave him the wrong idea or just wasn't very clear about how long it would take. I think that Zoila was happy to see "OC" go because it's frustrating to work with others that don't pull their weight. She knew that he wasn't doing what he was suppose to be doing but didn't want to rat him out. Jeff dishes out a fair share to Zoila too. The painting was a perfect example and it's still up on the wall looking at her everyday. I don't doubt for on minute that he had something else for her but giving her that painting was a hoot. Yes, I thought that they were very mean to "NC" but he must have seen the show (last season) and I assume that he knew what he was getting into.

Jeff made no sense at all when he was berating the painter. The painter kept saying that no one else will do the same job for cheaper than what he charges, and then Jeff basically said he wouldn't pay more but then threatened the guy with hiring someone 'better' - well, if you want better, then you have to PAY better. Yeah?

Chris II was smart to leave. It did seem like they were all ganging up on him a bit.

So, do they eat El Pollo Loco EVERY DAY? Because that's all I've seen them eat for lunch every episode..? I wonder if they sponsor the show or if Jeff truly is that OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3153570;

So, do they eat El Pollo Loco EVERY DAY? Because that's all I've seen them eat for lunch every episode..? I wonder if they sponsor the show or if Jeff truly is that OCD.
    No they eat meatball pizza too. If you don't order meatball you're not a team player! No onions!

+ Reply to Thread