+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

I think that everybody buys his/her own lunch. But shouldn't Zoila be making the lunches, then Jeff could set up a sandwich stand and make some extra money off of the backs of his downtrodden workers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3148895;
    I think that everybody buys his/her own lunch.

Really? I think he buys their lunch.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I think that Jeff should give Zoila a raise and make her "house manager" (It's the hardest job to keep filled) and hire a new housekeeper. She seems to know how everything works around the house and Jeff can trust her. She could oversee the new housekeeper. Problem solved!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3149101;
    Really? I think he buys their lunch.
    i do to - i remember him giving the old Chris money for it once and i think Jeff had remarked on it last season.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3149144;
    I think that Jeff should give Zoila a raise and make her "house manager" (It's the hardest job to keep filled) and hire a new housekeeper. She seems to know how everything works around the house and Jeff can trust her. She could oversee the new housekeeper. Problem solved!
    That sounds great and logical. However, Jeff has said numerous times that Zoila only works a couple hours a day. When someone on the show described how Elwood cleaned the refrigerator, made sure it was stocked, and even wiped kitchen countertops I wondered...what does Zoila do? On one show, Jeff told Zoila to take a break because she did ten minutes of work, and Zoila was like, yeah, I'm tired and need a break.

The point here is that Jeff needs a den mother, Zoila's perfect at it, and I don't think she'd want to deal with Jeff's crap as house manager. I think Jeff keeps Zoila around because she's a sweet lady who helps give him peace of mind. I don't think she does much cleaning as you'd think a housekeeper would, but Jeff trusts her and wants her there for minor tasks and because I think he loves her like a mom.

I think that all the cracks about Zolia only working a few hours and taking naps are all just part of Jeff's wicked sense of humor. Zoila needs to support herself and couldn't possibly do it on just a few hours of work a day. She plays along with his jokes and that's part of the joke too. No way could the house stay as perfect as it is without a full time housekeeper. He's got 3 dogs, a cat and plenty of people coming in and out. Zoila is always working and even goes to job sites and cleans them too. She obviously" gets" his sense of humor and is confident enough (knowing that she works hard) to tell him to shut up when he pushes it too far. One other clue is that Jeff wasn't trying to catch Zoila on the hidden camera. He knows that she does her job.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3148867;
    But a backyard playset or whatever it was? Nah, not so much. That was something for the kids and would be stashed out in the backyard. Definitely something that was important for the family and something that Jeff would not have given much thought about. He has to remember that this is not one of his flip houses; this is a onwer-occupied (or soon will be) home and that owner has kids. Personally, I would not have even mentioned it to Jeff. Just like I wouldn't show him receipts for the mega packs of paper towels she was hauling into the garage!
    I had the impression Jeff freaked out because that playset was coming out of his budget. Which made no sense, but that's what I thought he meant. And since he's having trouble making the budget work with all the extra they ran into I can see why he did freak out. Now why the playset would need to come out of his budget, rather than separate money they use, I'm not sure. Or maybe he was upset because they keep telling him there is no more money but then she spent $300 on that playset. If that's the case that $300 could be used toward the house for the original plans they had.

Lori sure seems clueless about why they are having trouble meeting the budget. Doesn't seem like it should be all that hard to figure out when the rat thing took so much more money than planned for. On the other hand Jeff has done enough projects that he should have known they'd run into problems and planned to only use $150,000 or so and keep the extra for the emergencies that were sure to come along.

I also think that while I would not want the house manager job that is the job that Chris II signed up for. He knew that was what he was hired for and just because he imagined that Jeff would move him up quicker did not mean that it would be true. Unfortunately I think some of the problem was that he doesn't at all have the same sense of humor as the rest of them. Zoila obviously does, as she was sarcastic with Jeff over the white-colored/non-printed toilet paper. She was teasing Jeff and he didn't get upset with her. I think she was laughing at Chris II because of his attitude over taking the bus. I think she found his attitude insulting to her. But Jeff having to move the seat in the car for Zoila was pretty funny.

I had so much more I thought of when I watched the show. I love some of the faces Ryan makes. The way he tries to not react to something but doesn't quite manage to mask it-cracks me up every single time.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Jeff is guilty of what is perhaps my number one pet peeve.

That "cut him off, cut him off, cut him off" thing he did with Jenny when she was one the phone, making a call that HE should have made himself, would snap my last nerve.

Maybe she should get herself a phone that doesn't have a speaker so she's the only one hearing the other side of the conversation.

If you don't like the way I'm doing something, DO IT YOURSELF!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3149423;
    I think Jeff keeps Zoila around because she's a sweet lady who helps give him peace of mind.
    I don't think she's sweet. She comes across as even meaner than Jeff when she is snickering at Chris. When she is not mocking, she is rolling her eyes and making faces. I do not like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3149637;
    I don't think she's sweet. She comes across as even meaner than Jeff when she is snickering at Chris. When she is not mocking, she is rolling her eyes and making faces. I do not like her.
    I think those were traits she acquired while working for him, eventually she just started pushing back. He seems to love her for it.

Strange little man...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread