+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Flipping Out (Bravo)

Re: Flipping Out (Bravo)

I love Jeff trying to basically explain how a budget works to the woman at the Encino (?) house. Like the look of shock that you can't have it all with the budget presented was just awesome.

I think somewhere inside Jeff really likes that 11 year old girl and I really think he cares about his employees but he separates his caring from work. Having worked for bosses that were friends with employees while on the clock and off the clock I appreciate how he handles stuff.

As a boss if it was between me paying two employees to essentially take a car to get details, twice as much for gas as a result of two cars going etc or having one employee take a car there and bus back I would go for the bus option too and that really is a good deal for Chris like mentioned before if he is paid hourly.

Does someone know for sure if Jenny has recently lost 170lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3147437;
    Does someone know for sure if Jenny has recently lost 170lbs?
    That is just an expression that people use when someone splits from their SO or spouse.

"Wow! You look great, especially after losing 170 lbs! (the approximate weight of the SO/spouse)

I don't think Jenny ever had weight problems. She lost the 170 or so pounds when hubby moved out!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3147473;
    That is just an expression that people use when someone splits from their SO or spouse.

"Wow! You look great, especially after losing 170 lbs! (the approximate weight of the SO/spouse)

I don't think Jenny ever had weight problems. She lost the 170 or so pounds when hubby moved out!
    Thanks for explaining my little joke. I already explained my comment once but I guess that it's easy to miss things. Hey! I thought that it was pretty funny (shows what I know). I don't want to go and start any bad rumors about Jenny being fat! I'm just glad that someone "got" it!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3147500;
    Thanks for explaining my little joke. I already explained my comment once but I guess that it's easy to miss things. Hey! I thought that it was pretty funny (shows what I know). I don't want to go and start any bad rumors about Jenny being fat! I'm just glad that someone "got" it!
    OMG....I am such a dork! so sorry, I'm not very smart! It is funny! I guess it takes me awhile to get these jokes! I have to tell you, I even tried googling it! Boy, nothing gets by me!

Watch! In a couple of weeks we'll here about a rumor, about her weight, that came off the internet and we'll know where it came from. heh-heh!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3145957;
    If Chris is being paid by the hour, I don't see anything degrading about taking the bus. He made it sound as if he was so put out, how many people get paid (probably pretty well) to sit on a bus and read or listen to music. Chris knew what he was getting in to when he signed on for the job, this is after all the second season of Flipping Out and most of us agree, he was much worse in Season One. I have a feeling Jeff is not as wicked as he is portrayed, he has a huge heart underneath his tough OCD exterior. I loved when he said he thought Jennie was not telling him where she lived because she was breaking up with him! I also think he adores his 11 year old client.

Yeah, I think Chris doesn't really want the job that he applied for. He wants to do what Jeff does, but the job he took was basically to be an errand boy, with potential to do more later. I don't blame him for being irritated, I wouldn't last a day working for Jeff and doing all of his OCD errands, but I guess this is the job he applied for.

True about Jeff treating his animals better than his employees. Though his cat doesn't really seem to appreciate the accupuncture much...

I bet when it's time for Christmas bonuses, Jeff is very generous although he wouldn't want anyone to know it.

I wouldn't count on Jeff being generous with anyone. My fantasy is to see Monkey turn on Jeff because he is being served the wrong brand of fishheads and rip out Jeff's throat. Finally Zoila will have something to clean up! BLOOD! I'm sorry to see Chris II resign, and it's a shame that all the people were laughing at him as he was explaining that in order to retain even a shred of dignity he had to leave. I don't think he realized that they were all laughing AT him not with him. Even Jenny. At the end of the episode when Jenny has perhaps lost Jeff $30,000 and he yells at her, she says that (when he's out of the car, not to his face) he should just take a step back and relax. She didn't say that when he was making fun of Chris II or yelling at the painter (who Jeff probably pays minimum wage). But, by god when it's her Jeff's yelling at he should take a step back and relax. As far as the Encino property, yes the woman is a ditz, but Jeff should be presenting her weekly statements letting her know exactly how much she has left, and he should also have made her agree to run all purchases by him. That can be written into the contract. I've really gotten to dislike Jeff this season, so I spent most of my time watching "Ace of Cakes" which comes on opposite "Flipping Out".

I can see running by things that the homeowner wants for the house.....like certain plumbing fixtures, kitchen appliances, countertops, etc., with Jeff first before purchasing.

But a backyard playset or whatever it was? Nah, not so much. That was something for the kids and would be stashed out in the backyard. Definitely something that was important for the family and something that Jeff would not have given much thought about. He has to remember that this is not one of his flip houses; this is a onwer-occupied (or soon will be) home and that owner has kids. Personally, I would not have even mentioned it to Jeff. Just like I wouldn't show him receipts for the mega packs of paper towels she was hauling into the garage!

Anyone else wonder if Jeff springs for these lunches. On tonight's episode, Chris stated that he had worked for Jeff for 3 months, and that was 60 lunches he had fetched. Does Jeff pick up the tab or does everyone have to pay for their own meal? Just curious.

I am bummed that next week is the season finale....already! This season seemed to go by rather quickly.

+ Reply to Thread