+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Design Star

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this yet. This show will probably be better than half the stuff FORT is covering on the main boards. At least I hope so!

Is anyone playing the Fantasy Game challenge, and if so, who do you think will be eliminated in the next episode?

Re: Design Star - Season 2

I thought this started next Sunday? Or am I confused?
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 07-23-2007 at 08:05 PM.

I saw it in the tv listings but it was on at a really strange time. When is it on?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I went to the HGTV site and it said it started last Sunday! But yahoo tv has it starting next Sunday at 8 EST. How confusing and now I'm mad because I wanted to watch this from the beginning.

I thought it started next week too

Darn. Well, we can probably catch it on the internet

I don't think we missed much, it looks like it was just the auditions and how they selected people and that the actual show starts next week. However, on Yahoo its listing next week as the auditions! *shakes head*

It's on Sundays. Last night was the designers' interviews and we saw who made the final cut. They chose 11 design stars, instead of last year's ten. Next week will be the start of the actual competition.

Some of the designer wannabes were very flashy and others were hysterical. The most fun wasn't chosen, however. I got the feeling that particular contestant (a woman) really wasn't serious about being on the show as much as she wanted to promote her comedy/design act. She was hilarious.

There was one guy from San Francisco (yeah!) who is mostly half-naked (yeah again!) and another one from St. Paul, Minnesota (another yeah!) who works solely with green/recycled products. Those are my top two because I'm from California but was born in St. Paul.

There's one lady from Georgia who has a voice that grated my ears so badly I had to use the mute button after a while.

There's one very, very over-the-top gay man with flowing blonde hair. He looks like he'll be fun. There was another one from the south who started decorating after a girlfriend left him.

The last memorable designer was a woman with two-toned hair who is hoot.

I'll go back and match the names with the descriptions this week.

I'm glad you started this thread Harvest. I asked a moderater to do it and she said that the show doesn't get much traffic here. I hope that won't be true this season; looks like a lot of fun and drama.

Has anyone seen last season's winner's show? It's really good. He's very good at what he does.
    Last edited by roses4me; 07-23-2007 at 11:24 PM. Reason: oops
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2487304;
    I don't think we missed much, it looks like it was just the auditions and how they selected people and that the actual show starts next week. However, on Yahoo its listing next week as the auditions! *shakes head*
    Yahoo's new TV format is so bad it's not even worth reading. It used to be great.

The show was on late last night (it's Monday today), I think around 9 or 10. I remember I switched channels right after to watch "Confessions/Matchmaker" almost right after it. I guess it'll be on around 9 or 10 PM on Sundays from now on.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Thanks, Roses,

I think they'll see this show gets more posts than some of the ones they cover. (Love ya, FORT, you know I say that with affection!) Last season's thread did get a lot of traffic.

I agree with your assessments. Those two guys are my top faves right now as well, and yes I watch Color Splash with last year's winner David Bromstead. It's an added bonus for me that his show is based in San Francisco, where we used to live, but I'd watch it anyway. I actually wish he had a how-to-paint show - I love the art he does and am fascinated by his techniques.

The Georgia girl gets on my last nerve, and I cannot understand why they'd waste a space with her. And I also don't agree with their extra contestant choice of that black guy either. It seemed done purely for demographics, but I don't necessarily need to see every color of the rainbow represented on a show if the candidate isn't deserving. And to me, anyone who describes their place as "pimp" style is using a word which references something that is so offensive that I have no desire to cut that person any slack.

As for the hilarious woman, she was funnier than some who have been put through to the next round of Last Comic Standing. Maybe she auditioned for the wrong show.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2487574;
    It's on Sundays. Last night was the designers' interviews and we saw who made the final cut. They chose 11 design stars, instead of last year's ten. Next week will be the start of the actual competition.

Some of the designer wannabes were very flashy and others were hysterical. The most fun wasn't chosen, however. I got the feeling that particular contestant (a woman) really wasn't serious about being on the show as much as she wanted to promote her comedy/design act. She was hilarious.

There was one guy from San Francisco (yeah!) who is mostly half-naked (yeah again!) and another one from St. Paul, Minnesota (another yeah!) who works solely with green/recycled products. Those are my top two because I'm from California but was born in St. Paul.

There's one lady from Georgia who has a voice that grated my ears so badly I had to use the mute button after a while.

There's one very, very over-the-top gay man with flowing blonde hair. He looks like he'll be fun. There was another one from the south who started decorating after a girlfriend left him.

The last memorable designer was a woman with two-toned hair who is hoot.

I'll go back and match the names with the descriptions this week.

I'm glad you started this thread Harvest. I asked a moderator to do it and she said that the show doesn't get much traffic here. I hope that won't be true this season; looks like a lot of fun and drama.

Has anyone seen last season's winner's show? It's really good. He's very good at what he does.

OK, my FORT friends, here is the page for the Design Star fantasy league I was talking about:
    HGTV - Design Star Fantasy Game

It's a free game on their site that you can play solo and also join a league just for fun. I have created a league, so PM me if you want to join and I'll PM you the league name and pw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 123456789101151 ... LastLast