+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star - Season 2

I thought it would be Adriana and Sparkle Josh tonight and not Scott. I loved Todd's room as it was so far out of the box and he showed how talented a painter he was. I liked the room, but as the point of the exercise was to see what you could create with items from a 99 cent store and some paint. The room was a statement not a liveable space. I, like Vern, will be interested to see if Todd can make a liveable space. He has a lot of personality but can he work with clients and given them what they want?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Tivoer;2523564;
    Actually, they were advised before they started that the rooms didn't have to be usable nor even functional IIRC.
    Thanks for that tidbit as I came in to the episode after it already started. It makes sense that Todd won, but I still didn't like it as much as Josh's. What can I say - I love pink. At least Josh used more than just one item from the 99 cents store. I think all Todd used was cotton balls. Big whoop. I'll give him kudos for great painting. It just seems he's so focused on surfing/skateboarding that he can't think in other realms.

If Robb wins this I'll just scream.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Actually, Todd also used kitty litter in his room in addition to the 60 bags of cotton balls! The paint job was awesome, but overall, the room was useless.

Robb's room was very nicely done, but that man irks me to no end. Hiding items so the other contestants couldn't find them? Funny, he looks to be much older than 5!

I am not much of a Christina fan either - that sugar-sweet personality hides a dark side, I am sure. But, again, I must admit, I liked what she did this week.

Favorite room of the night: Kim's - if for nothing more than the coffee table.

Would have to agree with the bottom three, although I could have substituted Will in Josh's place. The colors he used in his room are reminiscent of a bruise I have on my shin.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;2524280;
    Actually, Todd also used kitty litter in his room in addition to the 60 bags of cotton balls!
    Somehow, having kitty litter in Surfer Dood's room is very appropriate. His entire room was one big piece of crap, so kitty litter is actually quite functional in that room.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

LOL!

Anybody else think Todd could be the poster boy for the Always Wear Your Helmet campaign?

Little Sew&Sew, since you're still considered a newbie, I'd like to welcome you to FORT.
    I like your name and posts here.

I read several viewer posts on HGTV that Robb hid some lights from the other contestants at the 99 cents store. Did anyone here see that? I'm curious if the other contestants saw it, too, and they said anything.
    Last edited by roses4me; 08-14-2007 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added stuff
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2526488;
    Little Sew&Sew, since you're still considered a newbie, I'd like to welcome you to FORT.
    I like your name and posts here.

I read several viewer posts on HGTV that Robb hid some lights from the other contestants at the 99 cents store. Did anyone here see that? I'm curious if the other contestants saw it, too, and they said anything.
    They didn't say anything on the show. Just tacky IMHO on his part. Not like experienced shoppers don't look behind everything near what they want. That is how I have found some rare Xmas gifts for my kid or others. People sometimes hide stuff and then come back later to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2526488;
    Yes, he "hid" them in the bottom of his cart and bought them so no one else could use them, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2530167;
    Yes, he "hid" them in the bottom of his cart and bought them so no one else could use them, I believe.
    He actually hid them on bottom shelves behind other items so people couldn't find them. He didn't buy them all.

It's on tonight. Let's hope for some real drama. They're going to do Vegas wedding chapels or honeymoon suites - I can't tell which from the commercials.
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread