+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

FORT Fanatic

Re: Design Star - Season 2

No fantasy points for me tonight.

Two of my top three for this week were in the bottom three. On an artistic level, Todd's design was amazing but I'm anxious to see whether that will translate when he has to incorporate his visions into a liveable, functional space. I'm still team Josh but I hope he listened to the judges and gives them what they want to see. I thought Christina's room was ok but didn't get the judges praise of her paint colors. The colors really weren't that innovative and the entire room seemed a bit "safe". Both her room and Will's reminded me of Vern's Trading Spaces rooms. Minimal with clean lines.
    Last edited by bewty; 08-13-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2523123;

Eco-Josh. Okay, someone needs to just shoot this guy and put all rooms out of their misery. Worst piece of crap I've seen in a while. Seriously. Just shoot him and bury the body in that room.

Spoiler Alert...[, spoiler]
    Eco-Josh went home last week, but I agree with most of your other assessments. I read your spoiler - not sure why it's classified as such.

Next week we'll have some interesting designs in a Vegas wedding chapel.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2523359;
    Eco-Josh went home last week, but I agree with most of your other assessments. I read your spoiler - not sure why it's classified as such.

Next week we'll have some interesting designs in a Vegas wedding chapel.
    The spoiler alert was classified as such because the episodes don't air at the same time or even same days everywhere, and some people who record or TiVo it haven't watched it yet. So it's a courtesy if posting before the episode has aired everywhere to let ppl know a spoiler may be incoming, in case they don't want to know who was eliminated before they've watched it.

Yeah, you're right, I did write Eco-Josh, meant to call him Surfer Dude, but I got my snark names mixed up from the shock of looking at that crap...er... room. Thanks for correcting me, the guy definately needs his name attached to his own mess.

bewty, what did you think of Adrianna's exit speech?

Sure is going to be a short season for the show if 2 are getting eliminated each episode now.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Actually, the forums are assumed to be written in by the people on the East Coast. The way the mods have done it before is that if the other time zones don't want to be spoiled... then don't come in the forum until your show has aired.

I agree with you, Nem... I hated Todd's (Surfer Dood's) room. Didn't see any point to it whatsoever, even though the graphics were pretty cool. I think this guy is a one-trick pony and I was already thinking what Vern had voiced... that it will be interesting to see if he can actually design a functional room for a client. I'd be shocked if he can. I didn't like his contribution to the loft, either.. and cannot remember what he contributed to the kitchen.

I agreed, also, with Clive about Robb's room... looked like a hospital room in Sweden. What the heck?

I loved Will's room. I'm not a fan of lime green, but I thought his room was striking and gorgeous!

Likewise, Christina's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    It's at the point where with the exception of a few, it's going to suck whoever they send home. Tonight, I enjoyed everyone's room, so it especially sucked.
    I agree. Scott's room was the only one that I felt was lacking (or not lacking.. he had waaayyy too much in there!) to the point where I knew he was a given to leave. Adrianna's wasn't that bad... and both of them had done beautiful work previously. *sigh*

I'll be happy when Robb leaves as his hyper personality is just grating.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2523482;
    I'll be happy when Robb leaves as his hyper personality is just grating.
    I am sooo with you on that, Broadway!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2523020;
    Would have liked to have seen the person who basically made a graphically engaging but otherwise unusable room leave, because wasn't the purpose of the rooms to make them usable?
    Actually, they were advised before they started that the rooms didn't have to be usable nor even functional IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2522678;
    And yet another one I pegged for winning it all goes home, at this rate I'm going to be playing for 1 point in the fantasy league. Argh! LOL
    I think you're still ahead of me and hubby -- I suck at that game, lol. I was away on vacation for a week only to come back and find out my picks went nowhere.

I watched the kitchen episode that had been DVRed. Have not seen another episode if they have showed one since then, so my guesses are "blind" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tivoer;2523564;
    Actually, they were advised before they started that the rooms didn't have to be usable nor even functional IIRC.
    Yeah. I was surprised that only one designer took that to heart. And only two did anything even remotely creative with the furniture. The rest, did they even move any darn furniture?

This challenge seemed to be asking the designers to make works of art. I thought the sea room was kinda cool and comic bookie. You could do something like that in a kid's room paint-wise (minute broken and useless furniture).

I liked Vern's comments on he was trying to be HGTV's next "rockstart" and wondering if he could do practicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2523579;
    I think you're still ahead of me and hubby -- I suck at that game, lol. I was away on vacation for a week only to come back and find out my picks went nowhere.

I watched the kitchen episode that had been DVRed. Have not seen another episode if they have showed one since then, so my guesses are "blind" at this point.
    I actually earned some points this time, but am in the middle to lower end of the group pack at best. All of my picks to win it all are being sent home! The individual challenge was the first ep I was actually able to watch from start-to-finish, so I too am blind right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2523671;
    I actually earned some points this time, but am in the middle to lower end of the group pack at best. All of my picks to win it all are being sent home! The individual challenge was the first ep I was actually able to watch from start-to-finish, so I too am blind right now.
    Yup, my pick to win the first week was Eco Josh, and the second week was Scott!

But Scott's room was so busy he really was at the bottom of this week's designers. Adriana also deserved to go, as her color choices literally made me want to throw up

I was surprised they put Christina's room in the top group, as I would have put it in the bottom. Icky colors, and nothing really going on there.

Surfer Todd's room was awesome! He totally deserved to win this week. Too bad I didn't pick him as the challenge winner! I did not like how he treated Eco Josh last week at all, and so once again my emotions influenced my picks.

I'm surprised so many of them chose lime/spring green and surf/sky blue as their colors. Those have always been two of my top favorite colors, but in their non-toned-down forms as a lot of paint on the walls they made the rooms look childish. Robb's colors were the exact shades that made up the trio of Barbie colors I was familiar with in the 70s (along with hot Barbie pink, of course). My Barbies had plastic platform shoes in those electric blue and acid green colors!
    Last edited by Harvest; 08-13-2007 at 02:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread