+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star - Season 2

Here's a link for Vern's take on the two kitchens:

HGTV Design Star: Vern Yip's Weekly Tips

There are close-ups of both kitchens and I was surprised how badly the island was made. He gives details why. I'm surprised this is a critique about the episode as the title is "Vern's Can't Miss Design Tips Dueling Kitchens" or words to that effect.

I still can't figure out how Robb got on the show. He's useless as a designer and team player. It was funny how he volunteered to be a team leader and no one said anything. Is he so dense he doesn't see how annoying he is? That's so sad.

Enjoy Vern's critique!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Yeah Sparkle Josh!

That dining room was great - although I could have done without the mirror.

Have to agree with the two who were sent home, even though I was wishing it would have been Robb instead of Josh. Could he be anymore annoying? Forget I said that. He might take it as a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2508106;
    Here's a link for Vern's take on the two kitchens:

HGTV Design Star: Vern Yip's Weekly Tips

There are close-ups of both kitchens and I was surprised how badly the island was made. He gives details why. I'm surprised this is a critique about the episode as the title is "Vern's Can't Miss Design Tips Dueling Kitchens" or words to that effect.

I still can't figure out how Robb got on the show. He's useless as a designer and team player. It was funny how he volunteered to be a team leader and no one said anything. Is he so dense he doesn't see how annoying he is? That's so sad.

Enjoy Vern's critique!
    The wording on the title is bad, but I can see what Vern is doing. He explains what the good ideas are, even if the execution is poor. He also says what would work better.

I like Vern!

And I agree that Sparkle John's dining room was nice. At least it was the most professional thing about the kitchens other than one getting the countertops right. YIKE on the black tile with the lots of grout.
    Last edited by Allie; 08-07-2007 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Sparkle John comment added

Sparkle Josh is one of my faves. I wasn't so impressed with Will in the beginning but he's beginning to grow on me. I'd love to see a show with the two of them as co-stars. What a trip that would be. (geez, I'm showing my age with that last sentence, lol)

I'm liking Michelle, too. As Vern said, she's a good team player.
    ~~~~

FORT Fanatic

A Sparkle Josh, "pimp palace" Will show would be fantastic! The room they did together rocked and wasn't nearly as gaudy as I feared it would be. They are easily early favorites and Thank You Josh for providing me points in the fantasy league

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2509314;
    A Sparkle Josh, "pimp palace" Will show would be fantastic! The room they did together rocked and wasn't nearly as gaudy as I feared it would be. They are easily early favorites and Thank You Josh for providing me points in the fantasy league

We should start writing HGTV. The network website has fans vote for the winner. Hopefully, they'll give us more options than just the top two. lol
    ~~~~

Wow some of them really stepped up this week, I was very impressed with Will and Christina.

And yet another one I pegged for winning it all goes home, at this rate I'm going to be playing for 1 point in the fantasy league. Argh! LOL Don't agree with the female they sent home, she had/has a lot of potential/skill.

Kao

It's at the point where with the exception of a few, it's going to suck whoever they send home. Tonight, I enjoyed everyone's room, so it especially sucked.

Would have liked to have seen the person who basically made a graphically engaging but otherwise unusable room leave, because wasn't the purpose of the rooms to make them usable? the male sent home had a color palette that REALLY popped and really engaging ideas...but he just used too many items and he got penalized for it, and in the meanwhile the person who virtually destroyed half of his room got praised for it. I don't think that was exactly fair.

I must say I was really impressed with Annoying Dude's room.

Robb's room hurt my eyes! I didn't get Kim's room at all. I like the colors, but paper plates? Yikes. Robb should have been on the chopping block, not Josh. I loved his room.

I wonder why they're having two more go next week? It's as if they're hurrying everyone along, including the audience.

Next week's episode looks very interesting. See you all then!
    ~~~~

Robb's room hurt my eyes, too! I HATE the colors he used!

Kim's room I understood, and think it wasn't too bad, other than I don't like the color pink. But otherwise, I think it had a flow. (the paper plates were used by more than just her, and I think it's stupid, but given Clive's directive that they're going for look, not function, I can let it slide. But any other situation, the paper plates better not appear!)

Adrianna's room was a bit tacky and cheap looking. I liked the two paint colors on the wall, but after that, she had me shaking my head. No vision.

Christina's room was actually lovely, given the small space. I liked it a lot, based on looks alone.

Sparkle Josh's room was too sparkly for my taste, but it had a good flow and wasn't too bad. I got his idea, but think he just couldn't make it happen too well with 99cent Store items. With a good budget and the right client, I think he could have made it look pretty nice. (again, I'm not into sparkly decorations, but for Josh and those who are, I think he could do a good job, his ideas are sound, and his overall vision is there)

Scott's room was just way too busy and uncomfortable. I like Scott, but really didn't like this room. Too much going on in such a small room.

Eco-Josh. Okay, someone needs to just shoot this guy and put all rooms out of their misery. Worst piece of crap I've seen in a while. Seriously. Just shoot him and bury the body in that room.

Will's room was okay. I got the serene look he was going for, I just didn't like his combination of colors. I hate lime green on the walls and floor. With another color, I would have enjoyed it more, but I could see his vision.

Spoiler Alert...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I like Scott, I'm sorry he got sent home. His room this week was really really bad, but I still think Eco-Josh's room was worse. Good luck to you Scott, I think you have a VERY bright future ahead of you in design. And he's a likeable guy, too.

I'm not sorry about Adrianna being sent home. She hasn't impressed me with anything since the show premier, and her personality is really annoying. I understand her disappointment at being eliminated, but her exit speech was very Drama Queen and I had to finally mute her. I can agree with her being one of those eliminated, she just hasn't stepped up to shine in any episode, and her talents seem only average. And with that personality, I certainly wouldn't tune it to watch a show she hosted.

Poor Sparkle Josh, he was really sweating it out at the end, and his reaction when he was saved was endearing. He seemed genuinely sorry for the two eliminated, yet he was still so relieved to still be in the show. I think it put a scare into him. He's really a likeable guy.

My favorite interaction between these three during the elimination was when Nice Guy Scott got eliminated and wished the other two good luck as he walked out, and Nice Guy Josh totally focused on Scott to thank him sincerely for that wish. Drama Queen Adrianna, natch, ignored Scott.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 08-13-2007 at 03:23 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread