+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2507303;
    Once again we have two valid bottom two.... and the lesser of two evils went home (in my opinion.) Rob once again proved that he had 1) is so not a team player and 2) has very little design style as the designers slammed his crackle contribution. And yet they apparently pull the old standby of keeping the controversial one for ratings. Have they not seen what that did for Trading Spaces' ratings??? This is not the audience that wants controversy.

That is in no way saying that I thought Josh contributed "more", but while he wasn't a team leader.. he was a good team player.

I'm so annoyed.
    which Josh? Josh F or Josh J?

I can't watch the show right now, so I'd really like to know who is teamed up with Robb.

Robb's teamed up with Green Josh, again, Will, Todd, and Christina (I think that's the woman who's on this team).

The two "captains" were Neerja and Green Josh. Green Josh let Todd take over and Neerjah totally blew it. She deserves to go, but the show isn't over yet.

The theme was dueling kitchens. Two teams, two houses next door to each other. The eating area had to be redone, too.

More later.........commercial break right now.

Two designers going home. Both teams looked pretty bad to the judges, and to me, too.
    Last edited by roses4me; 08-06-2007 at 01:54 AM. Reason: spelling
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Yeah! Neeraja is going home!

Sparkle Josh wins! He gets a $5000 Sears gift card. Cool. He deserved it.

Robb, Green Josh, and Kim: bottom three.

She's safe.

Green Josh is going home.

Robb survives again. Yikes!

The other designers are stunned that Robb is back for another episode.

Next week two designers go home.

It's going to be an individual contest - finally!
    Last edited by roses4me; 08-06-2007 at 02:00 AM. Reason: added more
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I fell asleep during parts of it when it aired here earlier, so I am catching up on it again right now.

Anyway, Neeraja and Green Josh became the team leaders because they stood in front of the paint cans and that had the star and money it them. After they became the team leaders, they had to pick who they wanted on their teams. Green Josh got stuck with Robb because he was the last one to be picked. I don't think either Green Rob nor Robb were too thrilled.

Well, I haven't seen the episode yet, but just on principle alone, from hearing that Neeraja and Eco Josh went home, I can't say I'll shed any tears over that. From last week, Eco Josh and Robb were only slightly less deserving to go home instead of Lisa, imho. Actually, it was so close it was almost a 3-way tie who should have gone home last week, so I'm glad at least either Eco Josh or Robb is gone now.

So I'll be trying to catch the episode when it re-airs during the week, looking forward to it, since kitchen designs are one of my favorite episodes of design/remodel shows.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Kao

OMG, I would have been mad as HELL if I was the homeowners who had Neeraja's team. The way they left that tile was absolutely disgraceful. The only thing that saved them was Cabinet Girl (who did a hell of a job on the island and other things) and Sparkle Josh.

I kinda liked the other kitchen, just too much faux finishes. And I knew both Team leaders were leaving, because even though luckily both homeowners liked their kitchens, in a lot of ways they were full of fail, especially Neeraja's. They actually had to have contractors come in and finish the work for them, which is a horrible position to find yourself in.

And I'm really glad that both Neeraja and Will had the stones to tell Robb about himself. Surely he must know that he's unpleasant to be around? The fact that he was last to be picked and went to Josh's team by default speaks volumes.

I've picked Adriana from the beginning as a potential winner. She's got personality, carpentry skills (which seems to be very important to the judges), and talent. Perhaps her poor showing last week was caused more by who she was with than any true reflection on her. Then again, she should have been more decisive and spoke up for herself.

None of them are jumping out at me just yet. I still just love Sparkles but don't see him winning unless they are looking for a tacky Vegas-ish designer.

Cannot stand Organic Josh and feel that its two weeks now that they both fell flat (he and Robb) so either going was fine by me.

I absolutely hated the faux-Tuscany kitchen. I would be so livid if somebody took my limited space and put a tacky fountain in it and the crackled the heck out of my counters. It looked gaudy and awful.

I think that the other kitchen was a million times better (other that that awful black tile) and that is so minor I'm sure the home owners were relieved that they only had to fix that and then they didn't have to fix it after all when the show did it for them.

I had Will picked as an early favorite but he sort of let me down on this one. Seemed alot more clueless (at least in the editing).

OK..... fantasy league (wooot... I got 850 points by picking the right ones lol)

No surprise that Naarjera went home, how could a professional Interior designer not know to measure twice and buy once. I think they spent way too much time buying tile the first day. They should have had all their supplies day one and finished tiling day 2. That was a seriously BAD mistake. Just goes to show that she should have been sent home the first epsiode as she didn't finish the bar either. I see a trend of time management issues here.

G Josh - that was a surprise. Not. He has no voice, no personality. He was totally drowned out by Robb and Todd. I think the only person with any commom sense on that team was the Atlanta pimp guy, Will is his name??? I do agree with him about taking away pantry/strorage space and putting in a fountain. That family will regret that. I also like how Will tried to be the voice of reason and Robb was just being a big bully putting him down as not using terms a professional designer would. Robb was being a snob even racist as far as being a trained interior designer vs a non trained interior designer. Later when the designers were all waiting in the green room Robb was WAY out of line when Will told him that he was difficult to work with and Robb replied that Will's personality was like 'battery acid'. Just from the editing it looks as if all the designers do not like Robb.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kao

Yeah, I noticed that Will was the only sane one who suggested that taking away storage space from a family of four was not on, but he was shouted down by Rob and Todd.

Also, most people don't use tile on countertops anymore because it's hard to clean the grout and bacteria can lurk in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2507934;
    Yeah, I noticed that Will was the only sane one who suggested that taking away storage space from a family of four was not on, but he was shouted down by Rob and Todd.

Also, most people don't use tile on countertops anymore because it's hard to clean the grout and bacteria can lurk in there.
    For a more upend look why not use granite tile. Its much bigger, fewwer grout lines and would have really made an impact. They couldn't have picked any color besides black tile?????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread