+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

Re: Design Star

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3132368;
    And I don't really buy into the "not having a design plan" thing.
    They are supposed to be designers.
    As one, you should have things planned out ahead, just in case.

I would have used my private time at the house or time before the show started to log plans in my head, for just an occassion such as this kitchen.

Ideas with approximate costs kept in a notebook.

How hard is that??
    Exactly. I think people that are designers tend to be creative people. My guess most have "books" with ideas in them. Creative people tend to see things , remember them and use them in their designs wether it be now or sometime in the future. I would think that if they knew they were going to be on the show they would have tried to come up with some ideas before hand.
    This has just been an uninspired season for creativity.

Frenchdip, I can't find Trish's MySpace link at HGTV's discussion board. Her last name is Beaudet so you might be able to find her blog through both her names. I'm sorry I didn't post it.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I don't think anyone else stepped up to provide more of a design plan because Tracee was team leader and I suspect they wanted her to go.

I definitely saw formica countertops. At one point, they showed the underside and you could see the wood particle form that is under the laminate surface. I haven't looked at the website - perhaps they were stretching it a bit because it is 'granite' formica.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3132142;
    I remember that tile...it was HORRIBLE, lol.

It makes me wonder what they spent the 10g on, especially since they painted the existing cabinets. Okay, the granite countertops were probably in the neighborhood of 2500 and the table set another 700-1000. Maybe 500 for the drywall. But all the rest of the crap Tracee brought (plates, aprons, reindeer ears, etc) probably was in the neighborhood of 500 bucks. Where did the rest of the money go?
    i want to know where the money went, too! the counters were not even granite - they were laminate. the flooring may have cost a $1000 - i think i am being generous here. the dry wall can be expensive $25-50/sheet, but no where near did those things cost $10,000. I at least hope that the show left the tile Tracy had bought for the backsplash to the family.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3132142;
    I remember that tile...it was HORRIBLE, lol.

It makes me wonder what they spent the 10g on, especially since they painted the existing cabinets. Okay, the granite countertops were probably in the neighborhood of 2500 and the table set another 700-1000. Maybe 500 for the drywall. But all the rest of the crap Tracee brought (plates, aprons, reindeer ears, etc) probably was in the neighborhood of 500 bucks. Where did the rest of the money go?
    It could be that they couldn't get real granite cut as quickly as they needed it, but they could have had granite for $2500-$3000 easily. I would think, tho that any granite company would get it cut really fast for the free publicity that they would have gotten.

I just wonder why the others didn't call Tracee on the cell when she wasn't back by 2:30?

What, nobody is watching tonight??

All three designers did well in their hosting skills. Seems they have all gotten comfortable with the camera and have listen to the judges critiques and changed their presentations. I hope Matt wins it all because he has a very unique point of view and that is what I would be interested in seeing. I think his solution to covering the kiln was "Sheer Genius". Seriously how can Jennifer compete against that? With another wall mural and spray painted furniture?

OH, Trish was eliminted tonight. More so based on the fact that her decorating style was a very predictable "showroom" style.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think that Trish should have gone, even tho I wasn't crazy about the other two either. So I guess this episode I would have chosen the lesser of the evils to advance. I really hate Trish's style, It is so old ladyish. When is the last time you saw pillows with tassles and fringe??? I agree with the judge that it did look like a cheap furniture store show room. And Jennifer, what's the deal with painting on the walls. For me that is right up there with bad wallpaper. And poor Matt, It sounded like his parents wouldn't accept his sexuality and they had finally made up, but WTF was his parents doing giving him that room to redecorate. I guess they really do hate him. When they showed him the room, at first I thought it was the garage!!! What I like about Matt is that he always thinks through his assignment very carefully. He doesn't rush into the job with out thinking it through thoroughly. Now, about his carpenter . . . . Hmmmm. Oh and for Trish, you kept saying that your dad needed to sleep in a recliner so you buy him a leather one. Poor old coot, he'll freeze his tochus in the winter and be sticking to it in the summer. She didn't even think that one through.

It's only half over here in California, so your telling me Trish went home didn't surprise me. Her carpenter left a lot to be desired. Jennifer's voice grates on my ears a bit. Poor Matt, I hope he wins just because he's so sweet. His design choices are just okay. Perhaps a show of his own will bring out his true creative side.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3139055;
    . . . . Hmmmm. Oh and for Trish, you kept saying that your dad needed to sleep in a recliner so you buy him a leather one. Poor old coot, he'll freeze his tochus in the winter and be sticking to it in the summer. She didn't even think that one through.
    LOL. That's exactly what I thought!

I'm glad Matt's one of the finalists. He's done several creative things over the course of the show.

I thought both Trish's and Jennifer's rooms were boring. New floors, new furniture, new paint. Trish improved the fireplace; Jennifer painted a design on the walls. Ho, hum....

+ Reply to Thread